Seniors Travel Insurance

• <1 week (5)
    • 1-2 weeks (5)
    • 2-4 weeks (2)
    • 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (12) · No (1)

First time client

Guy was extremely polite and explained every thing about the travel policy in detail and was nice to talk to an Australian voice that was easy to understand and took time with me

Hi Thomas,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am thrilled to hear that you felt fully informed when making your decision and of the great service that you have received from Guy. Happy travels!

Betty

BettyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Looks OK and competitive but hopefully never need to check how good it is.

Easy to set up but the need to pay via a credit card only is not good as I don't have one. I'd (my son, who does all my electronic banking for me) would find it easier to pay via direct transfer of B-Pay.

Customer RelationsAustralian Seniors

Great value with excellent cover

It was very easy to set up over the phone, the operator, Guy, was very helpful and explained everything very well. The cost of the cover is great value, couldn't be happier

Patricia

PatriciaIllawarra, NSW

great value

Policies represent great value for money especially with pre existing medical conditions. I have used company a few times in recent years for both domestic and international travel. On line process very easy and staff on phone extremely helpful.

Karen

KarenSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Professionalism and helpful

The lovely Customer Service person I spoke with on the phone was very helpful and friendly. She answered my questions and the service provided was very professional. It was a bonus too that I spoke with an Australian and you are hooked up with an o/s call centre.
First time I've used the Seniors TI and did find it good value for money.
Very easy to set up over the phone, although I had gone online initially.

Travel Insurance

Very easy and informative site and the discount was a bonus. Reasonable cost. Thanks. Never used Seniors Travel Insurance before, but will again in future. Hopefully we don't have to make a claim.

Hi Carol,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am pleased to hear you found our website to be user-friendly and that we can provide you with an affordable option. Happy travels!

Vicki

VickiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very helpful consultant

I rang to find out how to deal with a minor pre-existing medical condition. The consultant was very helpful and patient. It was possible to get the insurance I needed with cover for the pre-existing condition at a very minor additional cost.

Travel Insurance

This is the 2nd time that I have used Seniors Travel Insurance and I find that it has always been very good value and staff are always friendly and helpful.

A good experience

The website was easy to use and costs were clear all the way along. In addition the section on pre existing medical conditions was easy to use with clear steps to follow.

Jennifer

JenniferDarling Downs, QLD

Excellent Travel Insurance Cover

It was a truly easy task to take out this Policy. Easy to set up. Have never lodged a claim. I think this is our 3rd time using the Travel Insurance.

Wonderful Customer Service

Yes, we believe the policy is good value and was quite easy to organise by phone.
We've used Australian Seniors for the past four years and believe they offer excellent value for money.

perfect for us

this is the second time that we have used your company for travel insurance. As seniors we really appreciate the savings for this insurance, but it is not the only thing , the service is great & the really great thing is actually finding a in store office @ lake haven near us. We hope you are able to continue the service for us young at heart. Anthony & Tricia Ditcham

Customer RelationsAustralian Seniors

Excellent professional service and information.

Found the professionalism, helpfulness and friendliness of the interviewer of a high standard. The policy appears very suitable for our requirements.
We have used this company on previous occasions with no problems.

Robert

Robert

Easy Process and Very Competitive Prices

The process of applying for our travel insurance was a very easy process. The website is very user friendly, wording on the policy is easy to understand and the prices were very competitive.

Hi Robert,
I'm delighted to hear that you found the process to set up your policy was easy and well informed. I appreciate you taking the time to share that with us. Happy travels!

A necessary travel companion

I didn't have to use the cover I took out but it as great to have it. I found the staff I dealt with pleasant and efficient and feel I could do it online next time. I will definitely use it again when I travel next year. Nola.

Hi Nola,
Thank you for your lovely review. We are delighted to receive positive feedback and are very happy that we could offer you such great service.

Judy

JudySouthwest, VIC

Best value for trips taken in recent years

Although I have used Australian Seniors travel insurance on previous occasions I still check out other companies to ensure that I am not paying too much and that my insurance covers me for what I need. I return to Australian Seniors.

Hi Judy,
It is a pleasure to hear that we can provide you with an affordable option that is suitable to your needs. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and safe travels.

Di M

Di M

Very Pleasant

After getting quotes from other companies I gave Australian Seniors a go. On-line didn't work for me as "international" kept appearing & I just wanted "domestic" so rang instead. What a pleasant experience it turned out to be. The operator Nikki was more than helpful and very friendly. My cover was organised efficiently. I have since referred fellow travellers to give Australian Seniors a go. Thank you and well done.

JuJu

JuJuSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent so far

The policy seems good value. As I have just taken it out, I cannot quote on anything else. It was easy to take out and the person I spoke to was informative.

Philip B.

Philip B.

Good Value for our buck

No fuss over medical problems.Easy to set up and pay by credit card over the phone.We will see in the future if its good value should we have to make a claim.

Straight forward travel insurance

See all Seniors Travel Insurance reviews

Shas D

Shas Dasked

Travel Insurance

We’ve just booked to travel to Port Douglas out of Sydney....driving from Newcastle to Sydney......fromMay 18-May 22.... 2021... Given the latest COVID scare, how do we get insurance and will our holiday be covered?

Hi Shas,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. In accordance with the Australian Government’s travel restrictions and due to the complex and unpredictable nature of travel currently, we have taken the difficult decision to suspend sales of travel insurance. Like many, we are hopeful that the global response to COVID-19 will see us all travelling again soon. In the meantime, there may be other suitable options if you intend on travelling. You can refer to The Insurance Council of Australia website for a list of providers; https://www.findaninsurer.com.au/category/36

Michael downes

Michael downesasked

Travel Insurance

Is there an age limit for overseas medical coverage

Hi Michael,

Maureen Coleman asked

Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

Quote for domestic cover for 75 year old with no health problems from 14 August to 2 September. Dk you cover for cancellation because of border closures

Hi Maureen,

Seniors Travel Insurance - Essential Cover

Seniors Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

Seniors Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Funeral, Home and Contents and PetCar, Funeral, Home and Contents and PetCar, Funeral, Home and Contents and Pet
UnderwriterHollardHollardHollard
Maximum Age Covered 89 years old89 years old89 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimited$10,000 (Domestic Only)
Accidental Death$25,000Not Included$15,000
Emergency Dental$5,000$1,000Not Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) 24 weeks (pending assessment)24 weeks (pending assessment)24 weeks (pending assessment)
Resumption of Journey $3,000Not IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash Allowance$100 per day, up to $8,000Not IncludedNot Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Loss of Income$10,400Not IncludedNot Included
Permanent Disability$25,000Not Included$15,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $250Not IncludedNot Included
Delayed Luggage $500 after 24hrs, $1,000 after 72hrsNot Included$500 after 24hrs, $1,000 after 72hrs
Credit Card FraudReplacement covered under "Non-medical additional expenses"Not IncludedReplacement covered under "Non-medical expenses"
Travel Documents / Passport Replacement covered under "Non-medical additional expenses"Not IncludedReplacement covered under "Non-medical expenses"
Maximum Single Item Limit $4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)$4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)$4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)
Luggage & Personal Effects $15,000$5,000$5,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $3,000,000$1,500,000$1,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess $8,000Not Included$5,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Optional for motorcycles/mopeds over 50ccOptional for motorcycles/mopeds over 50ccNot Included
Domestic Pet Care $500Not IncludedNot Included