Seniors Travel Insurance

• <1 week (5)
    • 1-2 weeks (6)
    • 2-4 weeks (4)
    • 1-2 months (3)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (17) · No (1)

Straight forward travel insurance

Ghiselaine
GhiselainePerth, WA

Peace of mind

This is my 3rd time using this travelling insurance.Ihave always been happy with the price and the staff are very good in explaining everything clearly.,and very easy to set up. Thankyou jocelyne

peace of mind

The lady on the other end of the telephone was pleasant,knowledgable,and very helpful.
We havn't had our trip yet so are unable to comment on what might happen in the case of a claim,
however having been dealing with seniors in all aspects of insurance i take this policy with every confidence.

Lynette
LynetteSydney, NSW

We are confident that we were adequately listened to and are happy with the service we received. We

Policy was explained adequately and we felt that we were happy to have rung up and enquired Senior's Insurance. It was set up quite easily and each section was explained to our satisfaction.

Tee Bags
Tee BagsSouth East Queensland, QLD

excellent service

Yes very good value and very easy to set up. Kayla was very helpful and explained everything to me. She also answered all my questions.
No claim lodged
First time we have used your company

Hi Tee Bags,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am thrilled to hear of the ease in which you were able to set up your policy and of the great service that you have received from Kayla.
Jessica

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
enid
enidSydney

OVER 80s TRAVEL INSURANCE

Because of pre-existing health issues the health questionnaire was lengthy although fairly well explained by staff member assisting me. Later I read some of the PDS and found reference to another condition which wasn't covered in the phone interview. Second phone call to STI clarified my concerns which were thoroughly considered by the service staff person with whom I spoke. Service was courteous and online quotation/policy was fast. Haven't yet had the trip so hope any possible future claims will be as positive and treated with the same courtesy and assistance.

BCBG
BCBGSydney, NSW

Convenient

I felt the premium charged was reasonable, until I was told Seniors Travel receives almost 40% of it, just for half an hour's work selling the policy. (Yes, all agencies receive commissions.) The assistant Claudia was very helpful and competent, and made sure I was aware of the implications contained in the policy. The office was close to my chosen travel agent, in a well-airconditioned shopping centre, thus being convenient on a very hot day.

Travel Insurance made easy

The application process was made easy by the knowledge of the staff person who took my phone enquiry.
The detail of existing health conditions was handled with ease as I soon became aware of the knowledge of the person I was dealing with and the process to complete the application was made simple.

Roland
RolandPerth, WA

Good cover.

Very easy to get my travel insurance cover online. Instructions were simple and clear. There was no undue wait for a quote. There were alternative plans on offer and the premiums are reasonable.

Dianne BSydney Surrounds, NSW

Competitive price

Very good value, easy to set up.Everything was explained in detail.
No claim made as yet as my trip is not until Jan 2021
This is the first time, from memory that I have used Seniors

Hi Dianne B,
Welcome to the Australian Seniors community. We are delighted to hear the ease in which are able to set up this policy and very happy you found our price competitive. We do hope you enjoy your up coming trip.

Anthony
AnthonyIllawarra, NSW

Sustained excellence

Excellent cover at very reasonable premium.
We have utilised the services of Seniors Insurance many times and although we have never had a claim we are extremely satisfied with the service we receive.

Hi Anthony,
What a wonderful review. It is our pleasure to provide you with excellent service and cover suitable to your needs. Thank you for choosing Australian Seniors to again provide this value travel protection.

Joe
JoePeel, WA

Excellent Service

Once again your representative was extremely helpful in arranging insurance for our forthcoming trip. our only regret is that because you are reviewing future arrangements we were unable to take out our usual annual cover.

Dianne
DianneSydney Surrounds, NSW

Hassell Free Travel Insurance

It was so easy walking into a shop and speaking to a customer service person who set up the travel insurance policy. This was a much better option for me than arranging a quote online

Lorraine
Lorraine

A ‘one trip’ policy

Previously had annual worlwide cover for a number of years but they’ve stopped offering that. This time just bought a one-off trip policy. Haven’t ever had to claim, but happy with what’s offered.

Hi Lorraine,
Welcome to the Australian Seniors community. It is our pleasure to be able to offer you cover suitable to your needs. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Carol LSouth East Queensland, QLD

just right

We have used this Company many times for our annual travel insurance needs. A little disappointed at having to pay extra for medical cover that was included in previous policies

Hi Carol L,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Keeping an open dialogue is how we improve the service we offer, and your feedback will assist with this.

Carol L

Can you tell me why I had to pay an extra $250 to cover my husbands medical condition which occurred in 2012 with no further problems

Hi Carol L,
Thank you for your reply. I have sent you a private message requesting some additional information to assist with your query.

Paula
PaulaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Suitable travel insurance

Previous overseas travel was work related. My next trip is personal and this is the first time I have had to arrange travel insurance. Rate quoted was good value and was easy to set up.

Hi Paula,
Welcome to the Australian Seniors community. It is our pleasure to provide you cover suitable to your needs at a completive price. We hope you enjoy your upcoming trip and thank you for sharing your experience.

Glenys H
Glenys HSouth West, WA

Prompt and efficient service

First time using this company and received prompt and efficient service from the person on the phone. Policy was good value. Have not had holiday yet, so unable to comment re any claim.

Customer RelationsAustralian Seniors

Was unable to finalise online when trying to include existing medical conditions but phone support was excellent so was staff member went through the policy with me and finalised the requirements.

tikitiki111SYDNEY

Refused cover for pre existing medical condition but 2 other companies accepted, based on the same medical questions.

tikitiki111

Thank you for your offer Sharon but as I said in my review we did double check with you, in fact I think we approached you 3 times. The answer was no to the heart condition cover each time.

Georgina Wright
Georgina WrightBUSHMEAD

Needing a factual review

I am shopping around for insurance and I am tempted by the policy and price. However all the reviews I can see here are useless as they have not made a claim - it is pointless giving a review for a service that has not yet been received. So how can I determine if I want to buy this product? Perhaps not.

JohnQueensland

Good travel insurance

I originally chose Seniors Travel Insurance because my pre-existing medical conditions did not incur extra cost because they were controlled and I would not expect any travel incidents or need for additional cover. But this time I was hit with an additional $170 approx. charge because I wanted you to know about them else my policy may be void for all claim types.

John

The survey implies I have just travelled but this is re a new policy. Other answers relate to past policies/travel. Your survey writers should step back and look at the questions.

Hi John,
Thank you for providing these details. I will pass your details on to a senior team member to get in contact with you and discuss the concerns you raised.

Pixie
PixieSydney, NSW

First time user of Australian Seniors Travel Insurance

It was a very competitive price for Africa & I am hoping I never have to make a claim. Easy to do & contact over the phone checked everything fully for me.

Hi Pixie,
Welcome to the Australian Seniors community. It is our pleasure to provide you cover suitable to your needs and at a competitive price. We hope you enjoy your trip to Africa.
Sharon

Very competitive and easy to understan

Good Value. 2nd time customer. no claims so cannot comment on length of time re claim. Have not undertaken my journey yet, 3 weeks to go but would not travel without some sort of insurance.

Christine
ChristineGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Just what I wanted

The policy was very good value compared with others I looked at.
This is the first time I have used this company and it was easy to do and was recommended by a friend

Tom
TomSouthwest, VIC

SUITABLE POLICY

Good experience. Knew what I wanted. This is a repeat cover. Had very professional assistance from Irene and she looked after the account. Will be taking a second tour with cover later in the new year.

john B.
john B.asked
Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

Do we need travel insurance, Melbourne to Sunshine Coast, retrieved from a cancelled trip due to Covid.

Hi John,
Thank you for reaching out with your query.
Like many other companies in Australia and around the world, we’ve had to make some changes due to the unforeseen impact of COVID-19.
In accordance with the Australian Government’s travel restrictions and due to the complex and unpredictable nature of travel currently, we have taken the difficult decision to suspend sales of new Travel Insurance policies until further notice.
We’re hopeful that the global response to COVID-19 will see us all travelling again soon.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any queries in the future.
Alisa

john B.
john B.asked
Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

Should we need travel insurance for a local Australian trip?

Hi John,
Thank you for reaching out with your query.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any queries in the future.
Alisa

Shas D
Shas Dasked
Travel Insurance

We’ve just booked to travel to Port Douglas out of Sydney....driving from Newcastle to Sydney......fromMay 18-May 22.... 2021... Given the latest COVID scare, how do we get insurance and will our holiday be covered?

Hi Shas,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. In accordance with the Australian Government’s travel restrictions and due to the complex and unpredictable nature of travel currently, we have taken the difficult decision to suspend sales of travel insurance. Like many, we are hopeful that the global response to COVID-19 will see us all travelling again soon. In the meantime, there may be other suitable options if you intend on travelling. You can refer to The Insurance Council of Australia website for a list of providers; https://www.findaninsurer.com.au/category/36
Jessica

Seniors Travel Insurance - Essential Cover

Seniors Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

Seniors Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Funeral, Home and Contents and PetCar, Funeral, Home and Contents and PetCar, Funeral, Home and Contents and Pet
UnderwriterHollardHollardHollard
Maximum Age Covered 89 years old89 years old89 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimited$10,000 (Domestic Only)
Accidental Death$25,000Not Included$15,000
Emergency Dental$5,000$1,000Not Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) 24 weeks (pending assessment)24 weeks (pending assessment)24 weeks (pending assessment)
Resumption of Journey $3,000Not IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash Allowance$100 per day, up to $8,000Not IncludedNot Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Loss of Income$10,400Not IncludedNot Included
Permanent Disability$25,000Not Included$15,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $250Not IncludedNot Included
Delayed Luggage $500 after 24hrs, $1,000 after 72hrsNot Included$500 after 24hrs, $1,000 after 72hrs
Credit Card FraudReplacement covered under "Non-medical additional expenses"Not IncludedReplacement covered under "Non-medical expenses"
Travel Documents / Passport Replacement covered under "Non-medical additional expenses"Not IncludedReplacement covered under "Non-medical expenses"
Maximum Single Item Limit $4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)$4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)$4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)
Luggage & Personal Effects $15,000$5,000$5,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $3,000,000$1,500,000$1,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess $8,000Not Included$5,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Optional for motorcycles/mopeds over 50ccOptional for motorcycles/mopeds over 50ccNot Included
Domestic Pet Care $500Not IncludedNot Included