Seniors Travel Insurance
Listing monitored by Australian Seniors

RexSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worthless because of COVID-19

Policy purchased before outbreak but now worthless because of pandemic. Admittedly not something I thought about before (clearly should have, yes my fault) but would warn anyone searching for a policy to make sure that pandemic is covered. Apparently there are some out there if you take a policy before it is declared. Shows that travel insurance without pandemic coverage is useless, so for your own safety and peace of mind shop around!

Peter Gow
Peter GowSydney, NSW

Failure to call back

I spoke to Emma last week to enquire about International Travel Insurance.
We arranged for her to call me back on Monday, 10 February at 9.30am.
Emma never called on the Monday or even during the week. Really poor service.

Hi Peter,
I'm sorry to hear this happened, we would appreciate the opportunity to look into your experience and would like to arrange for you to be contacted. I have sent you a private message requesting further information.

tikitiki111SYDNEY

Refused cover for pre existing medical condition but 2 other companies accepted, based on the same medical questions.

tikitiki111

Thank you for your offer Sharon but as I said in my review we did double check with you, in fact I think we approached you 3 times. The answer was no to the heart condition cover each time.

Travel Insurance

Find out how Seniors Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

Tom
TomSouthwest, VIC

SUITABLE POLICY

Good experience. Knew what I wanted. This is a repeat cover. Had very professional assistance from Irene and she looked after the account. Will be taking a second tour with cover later in the new year.

Customer RelationsAustralian Seniors

disappointing,was not completely covered even on top cover

extremely difficult to set up,possibly not good valve,I feel I have been omitted left out of policy,Karen has a middle name "Grace" not on policy.took more than 40 minutes to set up.
I should have shopped around.

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)

Hi Chris,
I am sorry to hear of you dissatisfaction surrounding your policy. We would appreciate the opportunity to look into your experience and I have sent you a private message to obtain further information.
Jessica

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
HeatherGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disappointing and difficult

Easy enough to find the right policy and to pay for it, but it took 2 phone calls and four days for a copy of the policy to be emailed .

Heather

The cover offered didn't cover my needs

Unfortunately after 3 phone calls I could not obtain a cover which suited my needs. Firstly I needed domestic to cover flights and accommodation before a Kimberley Coast Cruise. The domestic policy didn't cover cruise and top cover, Australian cruise didn't cover the domestic expenses. After 3 lengthy phone calls and on hold many times while consultants checked up on what to offer me I cancelled the policy.

Hi Maree,
Keeping an open dialogue with our customers is how we improve our service, so thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I have sent you a private message to obtain further information.

Martin Harrison
Martin HarrisonA

Be very careful and Download the P.D.S. and read what you are actually covered for..

Insurance claim madeYes

john B.
john B.asked
Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

Do we need travel insurance, Melbourne to Sunshine Coast, retrieved from a cancelled trip due to Covid.

Hi John,
Thank you for reaching out with your query.
Like many other companies in Australia and around the world, we’ve had to make some changes due to the unforeseen impact of COVID-19.
In accordance with the Australian Government’s travel restrictions and due to the complex and unpredictable nature of travel currently, we have taken the difficult decision to suspend sales of new Travel Insurance policies until further notice.
We’re hopeful that the global response to COVID-19 will see us all travelling again soon.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any queries in the future.

john B.
john B.asked
Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

Should we need travel insurance for a local Australian trip?

Hi John,
Thank you for reaching out with your query.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any queries in the future.

Shas D
Shas Dasked
Travel Insurance

We’ve just booked to travel to Port Douglas out of Sydney....driving from Newcastle to Sydney......fromMay 18-May 22.... 2021... Given the latest COVID scare, how do we get insurance and will our holiday be covered?

Hi Shas,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. In accordance with the Australian Government’s travel restrictions and due to the complex and unpredictable nature of travel currently, we have taken the difficult decision to suspend sales of travel insurance. Like many, we are hopeful that the global response to COVID-19 will see us all travelling again soon. In the meantime, there may be other suitable options if you intend on travelling. You can refer to The Insurance Council of Australia website for a list of providers; https://www.findaninsurer.com.au/category/36

See all Seniors Travel Insurance questions

Seniors Travel Insurance - Essential Cover

Seniors Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

Seniors Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Funeral, Home and Contents and PetCar, Funeral, Home and Contents and PetCar, Funeral, Home and Contents and Pet
UnderwriterHollardHollardHollard
Maximum Age Covered 89 years old89 years old89 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimited$10,000 (Domestic Only)
Accidental Death$25,000Not Included$15,000
Emergency Dental$5,000$1,000Not Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) 24 weeks (pending assessment)24 weeks (pending assessment)24 weeks (pending assessment)
Resumption of Journey $3,000Not IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash Allowance$100 per day, up to $8,000Not IncludedNot Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Loss of Income$10,400Not IncludedNot Included
Permanent Disability$25,000Not Included$15,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $250Not IncludedNot Included
Delayed Luggage $500 after 24hrs, $1,000 after 72hrsNot Included$500 after 24hrs, $1,000 after 72hrs
Credit Card FraudReplacement covered under "Non-medical additional expenses"Not IncludedReplacement covered under "Non-medical expenses"
Travel Documents / Passport Replacement covered under "Non-medical additional expenses"Not IncludedReplacement covered under "Non-medical expenses"
Maximum Single Item Limit $4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)$4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)$4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)
Luggage & Personal Effects $15,000$5,000$5,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $3,000,000$1,500,000$1,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess $8,000Not Included$5,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Optional for motorcycles/mopeds over 50ccOptional for motorcycles/mopeds over 50ccNot Included
Domestic Pet Care $500Not IncludedNot Included