Seniors Travel Insurance
Listing monitored by Australian Seniors

• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (1) · No (0)
JudithSouth East Queensland, QLD

Non user-friendly online experience - very frustrating

Couldn't complete online application without calling for assistance. Had to go through whole process again on the phone. When quote was emailed, couldn't finalize payment online without calling for assistance again. Whole process was very frustrating.

Hi Judith,
I am very sorry to hear of your experience when obtaining a quote online. We would appreciate the opportunity to look into your experience and I have sent you a private message to obtain further information.

Judith

NOTE - the telephone service I received was OK. It was the online system that didn't seem to work.

Details as confirmed by phone good, but should have been confirmed by e-mail

Good value, but should have been confirmed after payment. After a phone call, the policy was easy to set up. A very informative person answered all questions and confirmed my health questions. Still not confirmed.

Hi Peter,
Thank you for the feedback. I have sent you a private message to obtain further information so that I can double check this for you.

Hi Peter,
I wanted to follow up with you as I hope that you have now received confirmation of your policy. If this is still outstanding, please do not hesitate to respond via private message and I will look into this for you.

Problem with claim

Claim ok but for hospital on ship queen Elizabeth at sea classed as international not happy Paul. Policy easy to set up only one month about to resolve been a I three times

DestinationAustralia

Hi Paul T.,
I am sorry to hear about your experience . I would like the opportunity to look into this further for you and I have sent you a private message requesting some additional information.
Sharon

Travel Insurance

Find out how Seniors Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

failure to follow through with arranged call back.

when l requested auto call back l wasn't able to take call. It seems you only bother to call back once. This is my first use. I would only bother if quote was exceptional. Staff read from script and can’t identify if walking is an adventure activity. I could not confirm if l needed to include adventure n my policy even after reading PDS

DenisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed

Very good telephone person, however have not received my receipt but more importantly the copy of my policy. This was promised to me when I had paid the policy premium. Please forward my receipt & policy.

Thank you, [Personal Details Removed]

Thank you, Denis.
I will escalate your request now to a team member to look into. I have requested Product Review to hide your personal details.
Tess

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

john B.
john B.asked
Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

Do we need travel insurance, Melbourne to Sunshine Coast, retrieved from a cancelled trip due to Covid.

Hi John,
Thank you for reaching out with your query.
Like many other companies in Australia and around the world, we’ve had to make some changes due to the unforeseen impact of COVID-19.
In accordance with the Australian Government’s travel restrictions and due to the complex and unpredictable nature of travel currently, we have taken the difficult decision to suspend sales of new Travel Insurance policies until further notice.
We’re hopeful that the global response to COVID-19 will see us all travelling again soon.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any queries in the future.
Alisa

john B.
john B.asked
Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

Should we need travel insurance for a local Australian trip?

Hi John,
Thank you for reaching out with your query.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any queries in the future.
Alisa

Shas D
Shas Dasked
Travel Insurance

We’ve just booked to travel to Port Douglas out of Sydney....driving from Newcastle to Sydney......fromMay 18-May 22.... 2021... Given the latest COVID scare, how do we get insurance and will our holiday be covered?

Hi Shas,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. In accordance with the Australian Government’s travel restrictions and due to the complex and unpredictable nature of travel currently, we have taken the difficult decision to suspend sales of travel insurance. Like many, we are hopeful that the global response to COVID-19 will see us all travelling again soon. In the meantime, there may be other suitable options if you intend on travelling. You can refer to The Insurance Council of Australia website for a list of providers; https://www.findaninsurer.com.au/category/36

See all Seniors Travel Insurance questions

Seniors Travel Insurance - Essential Cover

Seniors Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

Seniors Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Funeral, Home and Contents and PetCar, Funeral, Home and Contents and PetCar, Funeral, Home and Contents and Pet
UnderwriterHollardHollardHollard
Maximum Age Covered 89 years old89 years old89 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimited$10,000 (Domestic Only)
Accidental Death$25,000Not Included$15,000
Emergency Dental$5,000$1,000Not Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) 24 weeks (pending assessment)24 weeks (pending assessment)24 weeks (pending assessment)
Resumption of Journey $3,000Not IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash Allowance$100 per day, up to $8,000Not IncludedNot Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Loss of Income$10,400Not IncludedNot Included
Permanent Disability$25,000Not Included$15,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $250Not IncludedNot Included
Delayed Luggage $500 after 24hrs, $1,000 after 72hrsNot Included$500 after 24hrs, $1,000 after 72hrs
Credit Card FraudReplacement covered under "Non-medical additional expenses"Not IncludedReplacement covered under "Non-medical expenses"
Travel Documents / Passport Replacement covered under "Non-medical additional expenses"Not IncludedReplacement covered under "Non-medical expenses"
Maximum Single Item Limit $4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)$4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)$4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)
Luggage & Personal Effects $15,000$5,000$5,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $3,000,000$1,500,000$1,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess $8,000Not Included$5,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Optional for motorcycles/mopeds over 50ccOptional for motorcycles/mopeds over 50ccNot Included
Domestic Pet Care $500Not IncludedNot Included