Seniors Travel Insurance
See the Best Travel Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Australian Seniors

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (5)
    • 1-2 weeks (5)
    • 2-4 weeks (2)
    • 1-2 months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (13) · No (1)

easy and a good fit

absolutely, the consultant was patient and took plenty of time to explain everything. Was a comfort to communicate with a English speaking consultant who was easy to understand and very patient

Robyn
Robyn

Very Competitive

Very easy to organise online.Competitive price that covers much more than the cheaper insurers. I have my home insurance through Australian Seniors and have always found them to be very helpful .

Steven
StevenIllawarra, NSW

Review

I thought the initial policy price was attractive but the loading for medical procedures going back 5 years was a bit steep. I also thought the time it took to complete the medical review was ridiculous, as it took 40 minutes and went back 5 years. A little over the top I thought when some of those procedures were of a type that were not ongoing conditions. I thought your representative, Amanda, was excellent with her product knowledge, thoroughness and customer service skills.

Charles
CharlesIllawarra, NSW

Great price for great benefits!

We haven't travelled yet, but it was so easy to choose our insurance and it was great value for money. We made comparisons with other insurers, but this was the best quote we received saving us $50-$100 for comparable insurance elsewhere.

DestinationNew Zealand
Claim Made No

JohnSydney, NSW

Easy to set up on line at a nice $ rate.

It is a few years since I have needed travel insurance, but I have used Seniors several times in the past.
I reckon the online quote/payment was easier than last time.
Lets trust that our trip takes place in 2021 and a claim will not be required.

DestinationAustralia

Hi John,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us, we really appreciate it. I am delighted to hear that you found our website to be so user-friendly and I hope that you have a good trip in 2021.
Jessica

Janet
JanetSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great customer service.

Took out travel insurance earlier this year. Staff were very helpful and the policy good value. Due to inability to travel because of the pandemic I rang to see if I would be covered for any cancellation costs with my holiday. Whilst I wouldn't be covered because it is a pandemic and I'm not aware any insurance company would cover the costs, I was given the option of a credit towards future travel or a full refund. I received the refund within 2 days.

Kerrian
KerrianSydney, NSW

Travel Insurance

Spoke with a very helpful person who took me through the process to purchase travel insurance. This is the first time I’ve used Seniors Travel Insurance and I found it a positive experience.

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)

Hi Kerrian,
I'm glad to hear our helpful team member was able to assist you in setting up your policy and that your experience was a positive one. Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us, we appreciate it.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Annie Dear
Annie DearSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to set up. Covered cruise. Didnt expect cover for virus. Lots not even covering cruises

Haven't yet traveled, troubled times. Hope for smooth sailing and no hiccoughs. Have peace of mind knowing I have some cover. Lesson learnt to take insurance as soon as purchasing ticket

DestinationNew Zealand

Hi Annie,
It's lovely to hear we are able to provide you peace of mind and wish you the best on your travels. Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback, we really appreciate it.

Good Value

This is the first time we have used Australian Seniors Travel and found the assistant very helpful
and it was quick and easy to set up.I would not hesitate to use this insurance company again.

Hi Denise,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It's lovely to hear our helpful team member was able to set your cover up with ease and that you have found value in your policy.

Find out how Seniors Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

Having to ring twice for a policy

First Lady did not tell me the caronavirus speech. Second lady was more forthcoming. Asked for policy to be mailed, as no working printer at present, but policy appeared on my email after finishing call.

Good information and service

Policy is good value and service was polite and informative. I have not yet started my travel or made a claim and hope that I don’t need to but confident that the service will be fair if I do.

Hi Lesley,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. It's wonderful to hear that our team members have been able to provide you the information necessary to choose a policy suited to you.
Alisa

taking out overseas travel insurance

policy was comparatively easy, seeing as I am an 80 year old man with several medical conditions that needed to be declared.It was made easier by the very patient and competent Katya.
This is the first time I have approached your company.

Izz
IzzMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don’t Know Yet

The on-line process of obtaining a quote and taking out a policy was easy and quick. And the confirmation email with full policy details came through promptly.

Hi Izz,
I'm glad to hear you were able to use our online portal with ease to arrange a quote and set up a policy that suits your needs. We appreciate you taking the time to share this with us.

Kathryn
KathrynSydney, NSW

Taking out travel insurance

Feel policy is good value and the only thing I would have liked in the policy was to increase the individual limit on a piece of jewellery.
All details clearly explained to me

Brian
BrianHunter Region, NSW

Terrific to deal with.

This was the first time I needed travel insurance. After a lot of research, I settled on Australian Seniors because of the responses and help I received from their representative, Tenille. She was courteous, knowledgeable, very helpful and very pleasant to talk to. Their quotes were very competitive but what finally swung it in their favour was the service we received.
I have not gone on my trip yet so obviously have not had to make a claim but, judging by the treatment so far, I would anticipate quick and efficient hekp.

john B.
john B.asked
Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

Do we need travel insurance, Melbourne to Sunshine Coast, retrieved from a cancelled trip due to Covid.

Hi John,
Thank you for reaching out with your query.
Like many other companies in Australia and around the world, we’ve had to make some changes due to the unforeseen impact of COVID-19.
In accordance with the Australian Government’s travel restrictions and due to the complex and unpredictable nature of travel currently, we have taken the difficult decision to suspend sales of new Travel Insurance policies until further notice.
We’re hopeful that the global response to COVID-19 will see us all travelling again soon.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any queries in the future.

john B.
john B.asked
Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

Should we need travel insurance for a local Australian trip?

Hi John,
Thank you for reaching out with your query.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any queries in the future.

Shas D
Shas Dasked
Travel Insurance

We’ve just booked to travel to Port Douglas out of Sydney....driving from Newcastle to Sydney......fromMay 18-May 22.... 2021... Given the latest COVID scare, how do we get insurance and will our holiday be covered?

Hi Shas,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. In accordance with the Australian Government’s travel restrictions and due to the complex and unpredictable nature of travel currently, we have taken the difficult decision to suspend sales of travel insurance. Like many, we are hopeful that the global response to COVID-19 will see us all travelling again soon. In the meantime, there may be other suitable options if you intend on travelling. You can refer to The Insurance Council of Australia website for a list of providers; https://www.findaninsurer.com.au/category/36
Jessica

Seniors Travel Insurance - Essential Cover

Seniors Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

Seniors Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Funeral, Home and Contents and PetCar, Funeral, Home and Contents and PetCar, Funeral, Home and Contents and Pet
UnderwriterHollardHollardHollard
Maximum Age Covered 89 years old89 years old89 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimited$10,000 (Domestic Only)
Accidental Death$25,000Not Included$15,000
Emergency Dental$5,000$1,000Not Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) 24 weeks (pending assessment)24 weeks (pending assessment)24 weeks (pending assessment)
Resumption of Journey $3,000Not IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash Allowance$100 per day, up to $8,000Not IncludedNot Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Loss of Income$10,400Not IncludedNot Included
Permanent Disability$25,000Not Included$15,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $250Not IncludedNot Included
Delayed Luggage $500 after 24hrs, $1,000 after 72hrsNot Included$500 after 24hrs, $1,000 after 72hrs
Credit Card FraudReplacement covered under "Non-medical additional expenses"Not IncludedReplacement covered under "Non-medical expenses"
Travel Documents / Passport Replacement covered under "Non-medical additional expenses"Not IncludedReplacement covered under "Non-medical expenses"
Maximum Single Item Limit $4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)$4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)$4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)
Luggage & Personal Effects $15,000$5,000$5,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $3,000,000$1,500,000$1,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess $8,000Not Included$5,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Optional for motorcycles/mopeds over 50ccOptional for motorcycles/mopeds over 50ccNot Included
Domestic Pet Care $500Not IncludedNot Included