Seniors Travel Insurance
Listing monitored by Australian Seniors

• Claim Resolution Time
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (1) · No (0)
Jen
JenSouth East Queensland, QLD

A few indiscretions

We thought it was good value.....but I am having second thoughts.
Very disappointed in in top cover in that if we had to cancel due to my 85year old mum possibly passing just prior to our departure (so we could do funeral etc) we would NOT be covered!!

Dianne
DianneSydney, NSW

They are no longer selling annual policies, and they have changed their underwriter since our last policy

After a lot of research, we chose this company last year for an annual travel insurance for someone 76, one reason being the excellent review their underwriter Chubb got. Now I go to take out another policy they no longer offer an annual policy (may do so later) and the reviews for their new underwriter "Hollard" are not very good at all

DestinationAfrica, Europe and Middle East

Hi Dianne,
Thank you for reaching out and for the feedback you have provided. We're always looking for ways to improve. I have passed this feedback on to the relevant department for future consideration.

Georgina Wright
Georgina WrightBUSHMEAD

Needing a factual review

I am shopping around for insurance and I am tempted by the policy and price. However all the reviews I can see here are useless as they have not made a claim - it is pointless giving a review for a service that has not yet been received. So how can I determine if I want to buy this product? Perhaps not.

DestinationAustralia
Claim Made No

Find out how Seniors Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

customer service on the phone is not good

wrong start date for the policy. when we rang back, we were told of the extra cost and if we wanted the recording to be listened to - extra cost again...

Norma
NormaWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Feeling pressured

Policy value was hard to determine - quotes kept changing in a 24 hour period. I initially got an online quote but then it became a phone conversation and a follow up call next day which I am not comfortable with and left me feeling pressured to buy. This is my first time with this company and I can only hope cover is painless if we are in need.

Customer RelationsAustralian Seniors

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
DaveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Covers what we require

Price is a little lower than the insurer used previously but as usual you get what you pay for. The wording in cancellations does not say "includes travel companion" if one person can't travel were other policies state this clearly. Easy to get online. The true rating will be if we need to make a claim.

Hi Dave,
Thanks for the feedback. I have sent you a private message to obtain further information so that I can double check this for you.

Thanks Jessica.

Kevin
KevinIllawarra, NSW

Didn't quite hit the mark but better than the others

Guy
GuySouth East Queensland, QLD

Difficult for seniors

Used the service twice.
The slightest pre-existing medical history skyrockets the premium for no good reason. This leaves the only option to decline.
Overall an expensive policy for age and type of travel.

Claim Made No
Normf
NormfMid North Coast, NSW

Specialising in Seniors.

Seemed comprehensive but not cheap. I'm hoping that this will be reflected in the service IF a claim is required. Some Travel insurance make it impossible to make a claim.

Find out how Seniors Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

Jim
JimPerth, WA

Easy 2 buy but...

Buying insurance is always easy. Claiming is a whole different matter. Rating should only apply to "using" the product. Why are there NO reviews from people who have made a claim? The wording around "pre-existing conditions" is contradictory and confusing. Read thoroughly and carefully. A company marketing mainly to "Seniors" your wording should be clear and easy to understand. Kimd regards J Ellis.

SHIRLEY WHITE
SHIRLEY WHITECanberra 2600, ACT

travelling again

We are back again, as your price is the best on the market. This is the second time I think. But I do think the way the notifiable medical items are displayed is really hard to navigate. The site fell over three times when we were doing the selection, and now I will have to go back to see if it is really correct. I would love it if these things were worked through better. We travel yearly an the one time we claimed was a gastro bug caught before w could travel!..

Claim Made Yes

Hi Shirley White,
I understand that a team member has been in contact with you about your query and this has now been resolved. Enjoy your upcoming trip.
Sharon

Thomas L.
Thomas L.Perth, WA

Fair go.

Twice. Never claimed. Yes easy to set up. Inclusions of cover for some preexisting conditions is given too much fanfare. Such bold print for virtually no risk!. Otherwise property cover etc is good.

Hi Thomas,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, we really appreciate it. We are always looking for ways to improve our service that we provide to customers and your feedback will assist with this.

Kwabena
KwabenaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Dropping the ball for annual policy holder

Thought that it would be a straight forward matter to renew an annual international travel policy....when I checked my policy dates to discover it had expired- about a week ago.
Wondered why no prior email reminders offering me the 'opportunity' to renew.
Discovered Australian Seniors no longer offering an annual policy.
Told something may be available in Aug-Sept.
What to do in the meantime?
Offered 'one trip' policy, which I purchased. But tempting to go elsewhere as I travel for business O/S 8-10 times a year.
Not filling a gap in the market for a couple to few months, and not informing existing customers is poor engagement and needs some attention.

Robert
RobertGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pushy Sales Person

Within an Hour of making an On Line enquiry I had a phone Call from a Sales Person trying to push me to take out the Insurance before I was ready! My Partner and I travel extensively in Australia an Overseas we DONT appreciate Sales Calls!

john B.
john B.asked
Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

Do we need travel insurance, Melbourne to Sunshine Coast, retrieved from a cancelled trip due to Covid.

Hi John,
Thank you for reaching out with your query.
Like many other companies in Australia and around the world, we’ve had to make some changes due to the unforeseen impact of COVID-19.
In accordance with the Australian Government’s travel restrictions and due to the complex and unpredictable nature of travel currently, we have taken the difficult decision to suspend sales of new Travel Insurance policies until further notice.
We’re hopeful that the global response to COVID-19 will see us all travelling again soon.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any queries in the future.

john B.
john B.asked
Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

Should we need travel insurance for a local Australian trip?

Hi John,
Thank you for reaching out with your query.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any queries in the future.

Shas D
Shas Dasked
Travel Insurance

We’ve just booked to travel to Port Douglas out of Sydney....driving from Newcastle to Sydney......fromMay 18-May 22.... 2021... Given the latest COVID scare, how do we get insurance and will our holiday be covered?

Hi Shas,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. In accordance with the Australian Government’s travel restrictions and due to the complex and unpredictable nature of travel currently, we have taken the difficult decision to suspend sales of travel insurance. Like many, we are hopeful that the global response to COVID-19 will see us all travelling again soon. In the meantime, there may be other suitable options if you intend on travelling. You can refer to The Insurance Council of Australia website for a list of providers; https://www.findaninsurer.com.au/category/36

See all Seniors Travel Insurance questions

Seniors Travel Insurance - Essential Cover

Seniors Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

Seniors Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Funeral, Home and Contents and PetCar, Funeral, Home and Contents and PetCar, Funeral, Home and Contents and Pet
UnderwriterHollardHollardHollard
Maximum Age Covered 89 years old89 years old89 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimited$10,000 (Domestic Only)
Accidental Death$25,000Not Included$15,000
Emergency Dental$5,000$1,000Not Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) 24 weeks (pending assessment)24 weeks (pending assessment)24 weeks (pending assessment)
Resumption of Journey $3,000Not IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash Allowance$100 per day, up to $8,000Not IncludedNot Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Loss of Income$10,400Not IncludedNot Included
Permanent Disability$25,000Not Included$15,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $250Not IncludedNot Included
Delayed Luggage $500 after 24hrs, $1,000 after 72hrsNot Included$500 after 24hrs, $1,000 after 72hrs
Credit Card FraudReplacement covered under "Non-medical additional expenses"Not IncludedReplacement covered under "Non-medical expenses"
Travel Documents / Passport Replacement covered under "Non-medical additional expenses"Not IncludedReplacement covered under "Non-medical expenses"
Maximum Single Item Limit $4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)$4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)$4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)
Luggage & Personal Effects $15,000$5,000$5,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $3,000,000$1,500,000$1,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess $8,000Not Included$5,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Optional for motorcycles/mopeds over 50ccOptional for motorcycles/mopeds over 50ccNot Included
Domestic Pet Care $500Not IncludedNot Included