Seniors Travel Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (3) · No (0)
Julie

JulieWanniassa 2903, ACT

A good product

Easy to set up, not in use yet so have not had to make a claim yet. Seems to be good value and pleasant and professional person taking information . Called back when indicated.

Hi Julie,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted to hear of the ease in which you were able to set up your policy and of the great service that you have received from our team.

Richard Morton

Richard MortonBudgewoi

Covered

All covers from all company’s are to expensive but you need it & I’m happy,first policy with seniors seems good hope I never have to use it and we all stay safe

Hi Richard,
I'm glad to hear that you are happy with your policy and that we can offer peace of mind while on holiday. Thank you for taking the time to share this with us, all the best on your travels.

Ray S.

Ray S.Sydney, NSW

Being on a State pension it is very expensive but I had to have it.

In hindsight yes but still a lot of money
Nothing to lodge as this is my first holiday with Australian Senior Insurance.
1st time using Australian Seniors as they were slightly cheaper than some others.

DestinationEurope
Claim MadeNo

Travel Insurance

The cost is on the high side for seniors who wish to travel. Australian Seniors should consider reducing this cost to encourage more seniors to take up travel insurance and encourage them to take unnecessary risk.

Hi Michael,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, we really appreciate it. We are always looking for ways to enhance the services that we provide to our customers and your feedback will assist with this.

Need for simplification

First time user. Cost higher than expected but decided to go with it due to the good reputation of Seniors. A Product Disclosure Statement of more than 60 pages is quite overwhelming. There is a need to simplify this documentation if clients have any hope of reading it.

Hi Ray,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, we really appreciate it. We are always looking to improve the service that we provide our customers and your feedback will assist with this.

Fran A.

Fran A.Hobart, TAS

Great for my need

Best value policy after researching. With a user friendly website to get a quote emailed so as able to accept and pay when convenient. I have used several times when needing extra cover over and above my credit card complementary insurance benefits.

Narelle

NarelleNorthern Region, NSW

It meets our Needs

Policy was good value compared to other companies, easy to apply. This is the first time I have taken travel insurance with Australian Seniors. Would have preferred that High blood pressure/Cholesterol were included in top cover. Most people in our age bracket take medication.

David

DavidSydney, NSW

Travel insurance, a necessary cost of international travel

It seemed a little more expensive than other trips although this was more extensive. I have not lodged a claim and this is our first policy with Aus Seniors. It was easy to set up as the representative explained all aspects and ensured I understood the application of key elements of the policy including pre existing medical conditions, a very important element for senior travellers.

Beverley

BeverleyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Travel Insurance, had good help in dealing with a recent medical condition.

Have used this travel insurance for three years but have not needed to make a claim. Therefore it is a bit hard for me to rate how efficient the service is but have been happy otherwise.

Hi Beverley,
Thank you for your review and your continued loyalty. I'm glad to hear you haven't been in a situation that you've needed to claim! We appreciate you taking the time to share this with us.

LynoraQueensland

relatively adequate

Easy to set up but unreasonable for the cover on blood pressure and cholesterol and osteoporosis as conditions are very minimal.
I have used this insurance company many times and have NEVER not been covered

DestinationAustralia, East Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea), Europe, New Zealand, Pacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)

Hi Jessica,
There was an error in the policy which has now been amended to include cover for blood pressure and cholesterol. Excellent service. Kind regards Lynora.

Website easy to understand

Website is user friendly. Site easy to understand. This company had good reviews. Cover is very comprehensive. Call centre staff very friendly and helpful. However the proof will be if we need to make a claim.

Customer RelationsAustralian Seniors

I haven't travelled yet so can't comment

The first time I have used them for travel. The representative was very helpful, patient and knowledgeable. It took me several days and several phone calls to lodge this claim.

enid

enidSydney

OVER 80s TRAVEL INSURANCE

Because of pre-existing health issues the health questionnaire was lengthy although fairly well explained by staff member assisting me. Later I read some of the PDS and found reference to another condition which wasn't covered in the phone interview. Second phone call to STI clarified my concerns which were thoroughly considered by the service staff person with whom I spoke. Service was courteous and online quotation/policy was fast. Haven't yet had the trip so hope any possible future claims will be as positive and treated with the same courtesy and assistance.

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Joe

JoePeel, WA

Excellent Service

Once again your representative was extremely helpful in arranging insurance for our forthcoming trip. our only regret is that because you are reviewing future arrangements we were unable to take out our usual annual cover.

DestinationAustralia

JohnQueensland

Good travel insurance

I originally chose Seniors Travel Insurance because my pre-existing medical conditions did not incur extra cost because they were controlled and I would not expect any travel incidents or need for additional cover. But this time I was hit with an additional $170 approx. charge because I wanted you to know about them else my policy may be void for all claim types.

John

The survey implies I have just travelled but this is re a new policy. Other answers relate to past policies/travel. Your survey writers should step back and look at the questions.

Hi John,
Thank you for providing these details. I will pass your details on to a senior team member to get in contact with you and discuss the concerns you raised.
Sharon

Find out how Seniors Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

Very competitive and easy to understan

Good Value. 2nd time customer. no claims so cannot comment on length of time re claim. Have not undertaken my journey yet, 3 weeks to go but would not travel without some sort of insurance.

WILL HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE

Hard to give an accurate rating as we haven't travelled yet. The application process was easy to use and pretty straight forward. This is all I have to base my review on.

Hi Shirley,
I hope you have an amazing time of your travels in East Asia. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and I am delighted to hear of the ease in which you were able to set up your policy.

Richard

RichardGeelong

Helpful but laborious and a mistake was made

Frank

FrankSydney Surrounds, NSW

Ok except fo high pre existing medical

The policy was good value although the pre-existing medical conditions costs seemed to be excessive.
These staff were very friendly and provided me with all the assistance I needed.
I first checked this policy out online but the next day I was called by an agent this is something I do not agree with

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)

Ferdinand HSydney, NSW

its necessary

The preexisting medical conditions are a bit harsh and very expensive looking at where some of the conditions dated back from 10 to 43 years which are stable and under control with medicine. There could be a level of consideration for those with good level of fitness and well being.

as sweet as cake

See all Seniors Travel Insurance reviews

Michael downes

Michael downesasked

Travel Insurance

Is there an age limit for overseas medical coverage

Hi Michael,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. In accordance with the Australian Government’s travel restrictions and due to the complex and unpredictable nature of travel currently, we have taken the difficult decision to suspend sales of travel insurance. Like many, we are hopeful that the global response to COVID-19 will see us all travelling again soon. In the meantime, there may be other suitable options if you intend on travelling. You can refer to The Insurance Council of Australia website for a list of providers; https://www.findaninsurer.com.au/category/36

Maureen Coleman asked

Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

Quote for domestic cover for 75 year old with no health problems from 14 August to 2 September. Dk you cover for cancellation because of border closures

Hi Maureen,

Thankyou

Pat F

Pat Fasked

Travel Insurance

I am considering traveling from Perth to the Gold Coast in September 2021 for a holiday. I intend bringing my golf clubs with me. I am thinking of booking a flight (one of the cheap flights) that does not offer a refund if the flight is cancelled so my question is am I able to take out insurance to cover the cost of my flights. Also can my accommodation costs be refunded and what is the situation regarding Covid? Thanks in anticipation of your response, Pat

Hi Pat,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. Our Domestic Cover is designed to cover you for holidays within Australia, and provides cover with the following benefits; Cancellation or Amendment Expenses, Medical & Non-Medical Additional Expenses, Missed connection and special events, Travel Delay, Rental Vehicle Insurance Excess, Luggage and Personal Effects, Delayed luggage & personal effects, Personal Liability, Accidental Death and Permanent Disability. Your level of Cancellation or Amendment expenses is capped at $10,000 and Our Domestic plan has a $50 Excess which is payable per event. Further information can be located within our Product Disclosure Statement which is available on our website: https://www.seniors.com.au/policy-documents#ui-id-13
Alternatively, if you would like to speak with a member of our team, please send me a private message noting your contact details.

See all Seniors Travel Insurance questions

Seniors Travel Insurance - Essential Cover

Seniors Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

Seniors Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Funeral, Home and Contents and PetCar, Funeral, Home and Contents and PetCar, Funeral, Home and Contents and Pet
UnderwriterHollardHollardHollard
Maximum Age Covered 89 years old89 years old89 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimited$10,000 (Domestic Only)
Accidental Death$25,000Not Included$15,000
Emergency Dental$5,000$1,000Not Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) 24 weeks (pending assessment)24 weeks (pending assessment)24 weeks (pending assessment)
Resumption of Journey $3,000Not IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash Allowance$100 per day, up to $8,000Not IncludedNot Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Loss of Income$10,400Not IncludedNot Included
Permanent Disability$25,000Not Included$15,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $250Not IncludedNot Included
Delayed Luggage $500 after 24hrs, $1,000 after 72hrsNot Included$500 after 24hrs, $1,000 after 72hrs
Credit Card FraudReplacement covered under "Non-medical additional expenses"Not IncludedReplacement covered under "Non-medical expenses"
Travel Documents / Passport Replacement covered under "Non-medical additional expenses"Not IncludedReplacement covered under "Non-medical expenses"
Maximum Single Item Limit $4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)$4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)$4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)
Luggage & Personal Effects $15,000$5,000$5,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $3,000,000$1,500,000$1,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess $8,000Not Included$5,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Optional for motorcycles/mopeds over 50ccOptional for motorcycles/mopeds over 50ccNot Included
Domestic Pet Care $500Not IncludedNot Included