2Sennheiser HD 650

Bass
Comfort

Tony N
Tony NMELBOURNE50 posts

These Headphones Just Sound Wonderful!

I've only ever used Sennheiser headphones, but the cheaper ones that cost around $150. Now that I have the HD650 model, I am delighted with their sound. The only (slight) disadvantage of them is that they are a little bit tight. I could stretch out the band, making them looser, but I only just got them last week and I don't want to do that just yet! It's a small thing, and they remain comfortable for a few hours before they become a little bit oppressive. BUT the sound is just amazing. I do music production on my computer and they are excellent for sound mixing because of the wide stereo field and crazy realistic, clean reproduction. They really are worth the (kind of) high price. I would recommend these in a heartbeat. Show details
Comfort
Reon G
Reon GAU10 posts

Perfect sound

After trying multiple headsets these things are the best and there cost reflects in the price. These are slightly on the treble side so bass is a little subdued. The sound separation is incredible. To get the most out of it on a smartphone I use a LGG6 as that has a built in DACAMP which will drive these, the sound is still fair on an iPhone 8plus.

Highly recommend these.

Alex
AlexMelbourne5 posts

Amazing

Bought the Massdrop HD6XX version (we all know it's HD650). Waited for 2mths to get it shipped. Absolutely great value.

The Massdrop version's package is quite a basic one, not sure if you get a better one with the original ver. Build quality is good. Clamping force is a bit high for me but the ear pads are comfortable.

Using it with the Schiit Joutunheim (with DAC module, XLR port). The sound is marvelous.

Tom C
Tom CBrisbane5 posts

Bought the Massdrop HD6xx last year

Great sound stage and decent balanced sound. Competes with my AKG K7xx for my ears and only falls short a bit on comfort. Not sold on the comfort as the clamping force is a bit high, you can bend the metal headband but make sure not to crack the plastic casing. Mostly used through an LG G6 amp which is comparable to using an Fiio E10k as a DAC/Amp through my computer.

John L
John L9 posts

Damn good headphones

These headphones are great, I went from AKG 720s to these. I do like the soundstage on the AKGs better, but I definitely prefer the accuracy as well as the slightly better bass with these. They're fairly easy to drive and I've used the SR71 from Ray Samuels as well as the Schiit audio Fulla 2. Can't complain about them much. They don't look the best but if I wanted looks instead of sound quality I'd buy beats instead.

Plastic_Druid
Plastic_Druid3 posts

Luscious sound and traditional Sennheiser build quality. If you love music, try these out, but be warned, you won't want to give them back.
The sound is amazing. If you really want to listen to music and enjoy the performance of the musicians and timbre of the instruments and the beauty of the human singing voice there is little touch these little beauties.
Nothing really. They're pricey but when you look at the build quality and then listen to the brilliant sound you can understand why they cost a lot.