Sennheiser Momentum
See the Best Wired Headphones in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Sennheiser? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.5
  • Sound Quality
  • Bass
  • Comfort
  • Battery Life
  • Bluetooth

Great while they worked, poor warranty (Sennheiser Momentum 3)

Purchased in July 2020.

Clifford H.
Clifford H.Perth, WA

Extreme quality

Great sound, extremely durable and very attractive design. I have black with red stitching. The sprung steel is high quality and the ear pads are comfortable. I have had mine for 5 years.

Purchased in February 2014 at Airport shop for $499.00.

Yval
YvalPalmeston

Pricey but awesome

Moving T.
Moving T.

Awesome product

Having gone through over 30 headphones in the past few years, I can safely say these are the most indestructible headphones due to its industrial design. These guys unlike other manufacturers, produce quality products without planned obsolescence in mind. If you don't want to constantly shell out hundreds of dollars every few months I'd suggest these. In terms of sound quality, its strength is in its midrange. It doesn't have many weaknesses, as the sound reproduction is extremely accurate. One issue is that if your ears are particularly large, then the cups may be a bit small for you.

Purchased in January 2018 for $200.00.

Salman
SalmanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

My favourite headphones ever

Purchased in August 2018 for $249.00.

Connie
ConnieBerrimah

They are awesome!

I had always use earphones before I tried this one. Previously, I used on-ear headphones and I had experience with over-ear, but they weren't that comfortable, if I use them for a long period of time since they give pressure to my glasses which then give pressure to my ears.
But this is my first 'true' over-the-ear headphones that eliminates all these problems. It comes with 2 cables which is great.
Cons: the cable coating isn't so good, it start peeling off, although it doesn't interfere with the quality of the sound produced (not yet!).
The ear padding quality could be better as well, the inner part started to break down. But overall I am really2 pleased with the quality of the sound from this headphones and the overal design.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
magiv9
magiv9Melbourne

Good but...

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Bill
BillSydney, NSW

The Original Momentums are Great

Brought 1 pair (2nd Hand/Hardly Used) $50 for when I'm away .. I was blown away by how good they sound with my Fiio X3 III 's .. the clarity is really there & I'm listening to more classical violin than ever before
Got 2 more practically brand new at bit over $100
These are so light that you don't notice them + a good fit over ears

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Mr Camel
Mr CamelCanberra

Best headphones I've ever owned

I actually picked these up second hand for about $100 (Gen. 1).
Incredible sound quality, I wear them at work to block out distractions so probably about 5 hours a day. No problem with sore ears or discomfort. (I should add I have a relatively small head so it’s hard to find headphones that don’t make me look like a wartime radio operator, so if you too are a pinhead this model is well worth a look)
I still love the Philips Stretch O’Neill headphones these replaced but as mentioned above, the aesthetic of the Sennheisser’s is much better.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

GabW
GabW

Great sound however with comfort issues

Nice pair of headphones for the price, featuring great sound and a beautiful design. The major issues that I've found through my extensive use is comfort - the small ear cup sizes may pinch your ears after long periods of time causing discomfort. I use them regularly as commuter headphone, however, the non-compact design may be difficult to carry around.

Date PurchasedNov 2014
Cameron
Cameron

Amazing Sound Quality at a Reasonable Price

I got these headphones for an absolute bargain price of $99. For the price, the sound quality is incredible. Of course they have since been dwarfed by other models, like the over-ear or wireless models, or even those with Active Noise Cancelling. Regardless, for this price, and without a better pair of headphones, I would buy these again in a heartbeat. They are incredibly comfortable, come with an in-line remote and microphone, and produced a very balanced sound.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Terumi
TerumiPerth

Fun and stylish

Sennheiser have done it again, the sound is exceptional, mids and bass are on point the sound although isn't entirely accurate it is fun. These are in my opinion the perfect match between function and style, if you're in the market for a decent pair of durable pair of headphones and don't mind paying a bit of a premium for sound look no firther.

Date PurchasedAug 2014
Gigi
GigiMelbourne

Good sound and a good looking pair of headphones

Purchased this to use on my commute to work, the quality of sound is great for a small ish headphone. It was a bit pricey, however sound much better than my other headphones.

They are comfortable to wear, come with a case and fit over my head well so that it doesn’t dig into my ears.

I really like the design and colour combinations as well

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Zoe
ZoeSydney

Comfy, great sound

I was recommended of this by my friend and it was a really good buy. It fits perfectly and it is very comfortable on-ear even after lengthy use. For the price range, the quality of sound is surprisingly good. Excellent for noise cancellation during long flights. It is worth it to spend slightly more.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Kay B
Kay BSurfers Paradise

Best headphones ever purchased

After trying a few different over-ear wireless headphones (including Bose Quiet Comfort and some B&O in the similar price range), I noticed a clear difference in sound quality and comfortable on-ear feeling. The battery life is amazing...I use them all the time for long-haul flights and never need to think of charging them. The sound-cancellation is great, especially on noisy flights and I often use them just to sleep. No issues with connectivity, although occasionally I get static/crackling if the signal is weak at a distance from the transmitter.

Date PurchasedSept 2017