Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear

Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear

MPN: 505796

Awesome product

Having gone through over 30 headphones in the past few years, I can safely say these are the most indestructible headphones due to its industrial design. These guys unlike other manufacturers, produce quality products without planned obsolescence in mind. If you don't want to constantly shell out hundreds of dollars every few months I'd suggest these. In terms of sound quality, its strength is in its midrange. It doesn't have many weaknesses, as the sound reproduction is extremely accurate. One issue is that if your ears are particularly large, then the cups may be a bit small for you.

Purchased in January 2018 for $200.00.

Sound Quality
Bass
Comfort

They are awesome!

I had always use earphones before I tried this one. Previously, I used on-ear headphones and I had experience with over-ear, but they weren't that comfortable, if I use them for a long period of time since they give pressure to my glasses which then give pressure to my ears.
But this is my first 'true' over-the-ear headphones that eliminates all these problems. It comes with 2 cables which is great.
Cons: the cable coating isn't so good, it start peeling off, although it doesn't interfere with the quality of the sound produced (not yet!).
The ear padding quality could be better as well, the inner part started to break down. But overall I am really2 pleased with the quality of the sound from this headphones and the overal design.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Good but...

Momentum 2.
It clamps on the ear and presses up against it, it isn't wide and spacious to be comfy on the ears.

It works and sounds well on modern tech like a smartphone but it dosnt get loud enough or sound good on gaming consoles which was my intent.
Like the 3ds, switch, ps4, it works but it's either not loud enough or too fatiguing on the ears cause it's too high pitch/bright is the best way I could explain it.

Otherwise it's alright, not the best best depending on the circumstances like what it's used on, but it could also shine if put in the right environment and setting like a good DAC.

Comfort... Annoying at first but gets better over time, ears get hot and warm, but you'd not want to take them off anyway if it's a cold weather.

Great headphones but not the all rounder I was hoping for.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

The Original Momentums are Great

Brought 1 pair (2nd Hand/Hardly Used) $50 for when I'm away .. I was blown away by how good they sound with my Fiio X3 III 's .. the clarity is really there & I'm listening to more classical violin than ever before
Got 2 more practically brand new at bit over $100
These are so light that you don't notice them + a good fit over ears

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Best headphones I've ever owned

I actually picked these up second hand for about $100 (Gen. 1).
Incredible sound quality, I wear them at work to block out distractions so probably about 5 hours a day. No problem with sore ears or discomfort. (I should add I have a relatively small head so it’s hard to find headphones that don’t make me look like a wartime radio operator, so if you too are a pinhead this model is well worth a look)
I still love the Philips Stretch O’Neill headphones these replaced but as mentioned above, the aesthetic of the Sennheisser’s is much better.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great sound however with comfort issues

Nice pair of headphones for the price, featuring great sound and a beautiful design. The major issues that I've found through my extensive use is comfort - the small ear cup sizes may pinch your ears after long periods of time causing discomfort. I use them regularly as commuter headphone, however, the non-compact design may be difficult to carry around.

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Great sound and good quality materials

Sound quality is really good for the $300-$400 price point. Well built and really nice design.
Slightly heavier than the QC35 but you are getting better sound. It does get a little hot under the ears after long use. Would have been great if it came with an app to adjust the EQ.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Noise-Cancelling Bliss

I got these headphones at a crazy-cheap price but they're definitely worth the full cost. Great noise-cancellation, good quality sound (though I'm not an audiophile by any means) and a relatively comfortable fit. They only just fit over my ears (I *think* I have average sized ears), so might be an issue for people with larger lobes.
Build quality is excellent, and the modular cable means that if the cable breaks, it's easily replaceable (unlike with my last, expensive pair of headphones which required a re-solder or full replacement).
I can wear these headphones for hours without getting any sort of headache, and with the clear sound and awesome noise-cancellation, I'm incredibly pleased with my purchase!

Date PurchasedJun 2015

my best headphone so far

The sound is perfectly balanced, so be mindful this is not for bass lover, mid and high are clear. The earcups fit perfectly without squeezing anything out. The leather of the earcups are soft and comfortable. The folding design is neat, though it doesn't seem to help much with the size of the storage bag. The material of the storage bag is dust-friendly, so have to clean it regularly.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Great Sennheiser Over-Ears

Had these pairs for quite a while and they are a very warm and smooth sounding headphones. The bass is present but not overbearing but the sub-bass is slightly rolled off. The overall build quality is great with the soft leather cushions making it great to wear for prolonged periods. Only qualm is that it can't fold up for compact storage and transport and that the earpad is relatively small and if you have big ears, this pair may not completely cover your ears. Other than the small quirks, this headphone is a great alternative to the more common and treble-heavy ATH M50s and provides a great smooth and slightly warm sound signature.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Best headphones

Although these earphones are pricy they are so worth it . The bass and treble is amazing and the senheiser have found the perfect balance between the audios to . Music for all genres sound amazing and the headphones are light and durable - easy to carry . Highly recommend this headphones

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Love these amazing sound and looks class

Highly recommend these headphones amazing sound and looks great. They are a bit pricey but worth every dollar. Vocals especially female vocals sounds great and the bass is very good as well. Also should mention that over ears is the way to go. Much better sound. Only complaint is that the ears do ache a bit after more than a couple of hours of use. Not sure if that's because I have big ears tho hahaha. Any way overall won't be disappointed with these.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Wonderful headphone

This headphone I bought half year ago is used to listen rap through my old iPod classic. Overall. It is a fantastic headphone and the bass part of rap is so good that I assume that I am in a concert. Because it is not expensive like other headphones, I strongly recommend it for all you guys who have limit budget.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Best headphones I ever had

Best headphones I ever had. Online reviews are all good.
Got Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Over-Ear Headphones - iOS, Black from Harvey Norman, when they run out of stock on the other two headphones they were promoting. I was so happy that Harvey Norman agreed to send me the Sennheiser instead at the same price $126.35.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Great sounding and very comfortable headphones

I've always liked Sennheiser and this latest pair is the best I've had of any headphones. I knew they would sound great as I've had Sennheiser before. The difference with these are the fantastic quality of construction. I didn't realise when I bought them online that the leather they use on them is so nice and soft!

I liked them so much I bought my wife a pair too!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Clear perfection

These headphones are incredibly lightweight and comfortable - and that's coming from someone with cranial tumours that make me very sensitive to touch.
The sound quality is fantastic - crystal clear and allows for the appreciation of each musical element.
Finally, the functionality is excellent with an inline remote that doubles as a mic to take calls if the headphones are being used with a mobile.
Great product!

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Brilliant!

As a court transcriber it is vital to have the best sound and these are brilliant! My daughter also uses these for gaming. Fantastic price and worth every cent!i always buy these and prob use daily and last around eight months - I'm pretty rough. Love these! Daughter is rougher, maybe two to three a year! Gamers!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

An audiophiles dream headphones

Forget the $500 price tag that comes with these headphones. Any audiophile would absolutely love these headphones.

As a musician who owns a KORG OASYS, these headphones are beyond fantastic. Really brings to life the sound you've been looking for.

Sennheiser also provide you with a luxury carrying case (which, let's face it. at $500, they should plate the case with Gold) and a few other littles gips and gabs.

I had these as a Birthday Present in 2015 and still use them. Fantastic item, maybe a little over priced but still.

10/10 recommend for anyone who has funds available to buy these.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Excellent sound

I have had these for just over 6 months now. Purchased mainly for travel as my Yamaha EPH-100 although amazing sound were a little uncomfortable on long haul flights.
The sound from the Momentum's is airy, accurate and lifelike at all listening levels and the isolation is adequate not to be disturbed by all but the loudest background noise. The bass is accurate, rather than overpowering as is the soundstage. As others have noted they are a little on the small side and if you have larger ears they may be uncomfortable, a problem I believe Sennheiser have solved on the new Momentum 2. The supplied case while offering great protection is far too large for travel (again solved in the series 2 with a folding design). The original lead in mine did fail far too soon, however this is replaceable and I purchased an Android friendly on e-bay for a reasonable price.
I purchased mine from a speciality headphone store (Volume in Doncaster). I would thoroughly recommend buying from a store like this. While you may pay a little more, you can compare almost every available model with your own sound source and get great advice.

Great sound for the price.

While I don't consider myself an "audiophile", I do know and appreciate good sound when I hear it.

I owned many pairs of headphones over the years, inluding AKG, Koss,Sennheiser, Sony, Philips, Bose and more.

With that said I have to say that the Sennheiser Momentum over-ear headphones are the best headphones for their price that I have ever heard.

The shop from which I bought these had several competing models, all hooked up and playing the same tracks to enable direct comparison. I listened to the Sony MDR10's and was dissappointed. There's a big bass lump around 200Hz making them really "boomy" - yuk. The Dr Dre Beats were better than I thought they would be, but again just too much bass emphasis for their own good, and not very comfortable either.

Many professional reviews on the web (Cnet etc) note that these headphones might be a little bass-shy for some tastes. Unless you like yor music almost absurdly bass-heavy these headphones have ample bass. And besides, you can crank up the bass (or mids or treble for that matter) on your listening device.

The bass response is well extended (deep) while being clean and punchy - kickdrums in particular have real oomph. Midrange is smooth and relaxing, trebles are clean and shimmery. I generally listen to pop / rock / alternative and with almost every song I've played they add real depth and presence to the music.

Some reviewers have made note of how nice these headphones look. Personally I don't care what they look like, but if that matters to you, you should find them quite attractive.

They are very comfortable and surprisingly light. I do find that the spring in the headband is a bit strong, making them clamp a bit too tightly to my head for complete comfort, but I expect to get used to that. Overall they are really very comfy.

So, what's not to like? Well they're not perfect for live recordings - a good pair of open backed headphones would lend a nicer openess to the sound stage. And I can't really say how they'd perform with classical music, but given my experience they should be good. Although, again, a decent pair of open back headphones might be better for classical. And the cord could be longer and stronger, and the headband could have less spring... but that's it. In every other respect these are the best headphones I've ever had at this price point.

Recommended!
Quality sound. Comfortable to wear.
Not particularly "airy" for live or classical recordigs.