Sennheiser Momentum

Sennheiser Momentum (page 2 of 2)

On Ear Wireless, Over Ear, Over Ear Wireless and On Ear

Wonderful headphone

This headphone I bought half year ago is used to listen rap through my old iPod classic. Overall. It is a fantastic headphone and the bass part of rap is so good that I assume that I am in a concert. Because it is not expensive like other headphones, I strongly recommend it for all you guys who have limit budget.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Best headphones I ever had

Best headphones I ever had. Online reviews are all good.
Got Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Over-Ear Headphones - iOS, Black from Harvey Norman, when they run out of stock on the other two headphones they were promoting. I was so happy that Harvey Norman agreed to send me the Sennheiser instead at the same price $126.35.

Use everyday

Great sound - they could be a little louder
Comfy to use
long life battery performance
Bluetooth easy and I would recommend them to any other user
You should A/B Test them to make sure they are loud enough for you but other than that
I would not let them go from my travel bag.
LGV

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Great sounding and very comfortable headphones

I've always liked Sennheiser and this latest pair is the best I've had of any headphones. I knew they would sound great as I've had Sennheiser before. The difference with these are the fantastic quality of construction. I didn't realise when I bought them online that the leather they use on them is so nice and soft!

I liked them so much I bought my wife a pair too!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Clear perfection

These headphones are incredibly lightweight and comfortable - and that's coming from someone with cranial tumours that make me very sensitive to touch.
The sound quality is fantastic - crystal clear and allows for the appreciation of each musical element.
Finally, the functionality is excellent with an inline remote that doubles as a mic to take calls if the headphones are being used with a mobile.
Great product!

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Brilliant!

As a court transcriber it is vital to have the best sound and these are brilliant! My daughter also uses these for gaming. Fantastic price and worth every cent!i always buy these and prob use daily and last around eight months - I'm pretty rough. Love these! Daughter is rougher, maybe two to three a year! Gamers!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Upgraded by Sennheiser with good reason(s)

Put it this way, the original Sennheiser Momentum headphones (purchased, this review) have been superseded for good reason. I pulled the trigger on a pair of the original Momentums because it was the last one in the store, they looked w-a-y cool (brown suede and ivory), and the [super]salesman virtually gave them away. But even though I saved nearly $200 off the original RRP, I wish I'd forked out the extra moolah for either the new M2 model or the Beyerdynamic T51i (which all my research told me to buy). The on ear cups (larger on the M2) are just not comfortable for long listening sessions. Too tight for my big head and the cups are too small for my big ears. Any ladies reading this review don't worry - my Mum thinks I'm very handsome. I also wish they were foldable (hello M2!).
The sound is excellent, though I'm no audiophile. Buying headphones is like buying a bed. You can have a quick try in the store but to get a REAL sense of long term suitability you have to have worn them (or slept in it) for hours and hours.
Maybe I'll give these to my son and keep saving for the Beyerdynamics.

Good stuff

Bought for GF for christmas. She loves it! Good enough fit and sound quality isn't bad. Don't expect best sound quality or sound isolation because they are ON EAR. However, if you're the kind of person that likes a little bit of background sound like cafe noise while listening to music. These are real nice pick up!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Excellent product, good sound

Love the hi-fi sound quality, I cannot fault. Its comfortable over my ears, I can leave it on for hours.
Most other headphones, I am not able to use for extensive period of time.
Bluetooth- once its a little low on battery will cause clipping which is not good enough.
Happy with the purchase.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

An audiophiles dream headphones

Forget the $500 price tag that comes with these headphones. Any audiophile would absolutely love these headphones.

As a musician who owns a KORG OASYS, these headphones are beyond fantastic. Really brings to life the sound you've been looking for.

Sennheiser also provide you with a luxury carrying case (which, let's face it. at $500, they should plate the case with Gold) and a few other littles gips and gabs.

I had these as a Birthday Present in 2015 and still use them. Fantastic item, maybe a little over priced but still.

10/10 recommend for anyone who has funds available to buy these.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Fantastic

These are excellent love wearing them during meditation. Takes me to another place where I can drift away. Would recommend to music lovers and those who love to listen to calming music or meditation tracks. Will definitely buy from again. Gives my other Yamaha ones a run for their money. Would love a wireless pair next. I'll start saving up. They're not cheap but worth the price...

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Excellent sound

I have had these for just over 6 months now. Purchased mainly for travel as my Yamaha EPH-100 although amazing sound were a little uncomfortable on long haul flights.
The sound from the Momentum's is airy, accurate and lifelike at all listening levels and the isolation is adequate not to be disturbed by all but the loudest background noise. The bass is accurate, rather than overpowering as is the soundstage. As others have noted they are a little on the small side and if you have larger ears they may be uncomfortable, a problem I believe Sennheiser have solved on the new Momentum 2. The supplied case while offering great protection is far too large for travel (again solved in the series 2 with a folding design). The original lead in mine did fail far too soon, however this is replaceable and I purchased an Android friendly on e-bay for a reasonable price.
I purchased mine from a speciality headphone store (Volume in Doncaster). I would thoroughly recommend buying from a store like this. While you may pay a little more, you can compare almost every available model with your own sound source and get great advice.

Buy the over ear version

I bought the on ear version of these and let's say they sound great. However noise leakage is crazy and I can also hear everything around me. Not a good headphone to commute with. I will use these at home but am looking for an alternative for commute to work.

Great sound for the price.

While I don't consider myself an "audiophile", I do know and appreciate good sound when I hear it.

I owned many pairs of headphones over the years, inluding AKG, Koss,Sennheiser, Sony, Philips, Bose and more.

With that said I have to say that the Sennheiser Momentum over-ear headphones are the best headphones for their price that I have ever heard.

The shop from which I bought these had several competing models, all hooked up and playing the same tracks to enable direct comparison. I listened to the Sony MDR10's and was dissappointed. There's a big bass lump around 200Hz making them really "boomy" - yuk. The Dr Dre Beats were better than I thought they would be, but again just too much bass emphasis for their own good, and not very comfortable either.

Many professional reviews on the web (Cnet etc) note that these headphones might be a little bass-shy for some tastes. Unless you like yor music almost absurdly bass-heavy these headphones have ample bass. And besides, you can crank up the bass (or mids or treble for that matter) on your listening device.

The bass response is well extended (deep) while being clean and punchy - kickdrums in particular have real oomph. Midrange is smooth and relaxing, trebles are clean and shimmery. I generally listen to pop / rock / alternative and with almost every song I've played they add real depth and presence to the music.

Some reviewers have made note of how nice these headphones look. Personally I don't care what they look like, but if that matters to you, you should find them quite attractive.

They are very comfortable and surprisingly light. I do find that the spring in the headband is a bit strong, making them clamp a bit too tightly to my head for complete comfort, but I expect to get used to that. Overall they are really very comfy.

So, what's not to like? Well they're not perfect for live recordings - a good pair of open backed headphones would lend a nicer openess to the sound stage. And I can't really say how they'd perform with classical music, but given my experience they should be good. Although, again, a decent pair of open back headphones might be better for classical. And the cord could be longer and stronger, and the headband could have less spring... but that's it. In every other respect these are the best headphones I've ever had at this price point.

Recommended!
Quality sound. Comfortable to wear.
Not particularly "airy" for live or classical recordigs.

Amazing headphones! (Sennheiser momentum)

These are great headphones (Sennheiser momentum). The sound quality is superb but also are very visually pleasing. They are small enough to take out into the public and not draw too much attention. Only downside is for larger ears, the fit is a bit tight. I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants exceptional sound quality and a clean modern/retro design headphone. Also postage and package from DWI was excellent.
Looks, build quality, sound and weight
It's designed for smaller ears

Near perfect finish except the barely visible 4 weld spots on the cover of the each ear cups.

Extremely comfortable to wear and good looking. Sound is unmatched with other headphones in this size. No wonder it won the What-hifi award. The build material is awesome. I love the leather on the ear cups and head band. Whether than the barely visible weld spots, its build quality is excellent.
Great sound and good looking.
weld spots on the ear cups make the curvature of the outer cover less perfect.

Quality not Bass

Bought theses from JB-HIFI (well reduced!) would have to say i am extremely happy with them. I had been considering Bose's QC15's but after trying theses there is no comparison. they are not active noise cancelling but the quality of the ear cups and speakers negate the need for it. The added weight of the Batteries in the QC15's mean Sennheiser has out done them with full over ear cups and a beautiful leather and steel finish.
the sound quality is as you would expect given the price, flawless even from my mobile phone. while they are not the bass oriented offering from beats or Sony the pure richness of all notes in all genres means you really don't miss anything. i have used these with my computer watching movies and gaming and find the simulated surround sound to be spot on. The explosions come from around you not inside your head like some cheaper headsets and there is more than enough bass to make you feel as though you are there.

if you are considering Bose QC15's while a great set these are sure to impress.
build quality, comfort and travel case
supplied cables are not very long.