Sennheiser PXC 550

Sennheiser PXC 550 (page 2 of 3)

See the Best Wireless Headphones in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Josh2002

Josh2002Melbourne

Amazing quality, underrated

When compared to other headphones these are the most unique and underrated. Especially due to the fact that they allow you to use touch controls in order to control your music. By Simply tapping the right ear cup you are able to pause or play your music. They also have some of the best noise cancellation and have surprisingly long Bluetooth range and a long battery life.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Rev

RevFRANKSTON

Best headphones I've ever bought

Comfortable, light weight, sturdy and great sound. Was after an upgrade and these headphones did not disappoint. Use them everyday, great for flights and public transport when you want to zone out from all the noise. Whether it's music or podcasts the noise cancellation is the best i've had. I recommend them to everyone

Date PurchasedDec 2017
BlueAnto

BlueAntoNSW, 2000

Great Buy - GoodValue

Comfortable, great quality and so far has performed really well. You get pretty decent noise cancelling as well. I was deciding between this or just sticking with a Bose like have traditionally done for years. Glad I tried something new

Date PurchasedJun 2016
di

diQLD, 4810

Great for airplanes

After years of travelling monthly via air, grew tired of crying children and aircraft noise, it was time to upgrade from ear buds to something better. After talking in length with staff at Joyce Mayne Townsville, we settled upon these headphones. Should have bought them years ago. They have improved the flights by 100%. No more or very little noise. Can actually sleep on plane now, with or without music. Must have for frequent traveller.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Duo

DuoSouth East Queensland, QLD

great sound quality with acceptable noise cancelling

Purchased these in JB Hi-Fi in April. The sound quality is very Sennheiser-style, clear with wide soundstage. Versatile performance with the Captune app. The noise cancellation is a bit worse than Bose. However, taking sound quality into consideration, it's easy to say that this is a very good product, probably among the top-3 NC headphones.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Josh

Josh

Exactly what I was looking for

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Sindy

Sindygeelong

Outstanding Headphones

I really love these headphones. They were a treat to myself and I really appreciate them. The over the ears style are very comfortable for long periods and they do a good job of cutting out the outside noise. You can really get lost in the music with these. The reproduction is just that good! I would recommend them to anyone - they are the best headphones I have ever owned.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Undoubtedly the best I have ever owned

This is by far the best headphones I have ever owned. Even if I wanted to , can't find a fault with these. Awesome Noise cancellation, balanced sound quality , handy gestures, sturdy build quality and comfortable. Almost at par with qc35 on noise cancellation too, waiting for them to release wireless earbuds as well.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

frogger

froggerSydney

Brilliant Sound with Amazing Battery Life and Handy Controls

Brilliant

Finally fronted up the cash and i bought these even though everyone was telling me to buy QC35's. Absolutely no regrets. Had these for a few months now and never had any issues. Battery life is good also. Used for gaming and taking and receiving phone calls around the house or listening to music.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

neus

neusNgunnawal 2913, ACT

Great

Already own the Bose QC35, Sony WH1000XM2B and Beats Studio Wireless. The Sennheiser PXC 550 had good functions for enhanced sound. There is present for movie or speech. I found that by turning on the enhanced sound the music was more vibrant compared to the Bose QC35 which is my preferred headphones but some music didn’t work that well with enhanced sound. Music with bass such as dance and rnb sounded better with the enhanced sound on the sennheisers.

David F

David F

You should get these headphones

Initially I was reluctant to spend so much money on headphones, but I’m so glad I bought these and haven’t regretted it once. They are super comfortable (although can get warm and sweaty, particularly in warm climates) and the sound quality is fantastic. When flying or if you just want to block out those around you, the noise cancelling works really well. Battery life is excellent and recharge is fast. Highly recommend.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

K.K.W

K.K.WSydney

If you travel... get yourself a pair

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Sarah

SarahMelbourne

Very happy

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Brett

BrettWollongong

Really like these

I got these with Qantas FF points, and have used them travelling and also to block out the noise of obnoxious workmates. The noise cancelling works great for both. Sound quality is good, with or without NC turned on. Flexibility is great - bluetooth, USB, or traditional 3.5mm - and battery seems to last forever. You can fiddle with settings using a companion iPhone app. Some nice touches like magically automatically pausing when you take them off, and playing when you put them on. Overall, I've been really happy with them.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Alyssa K

Alyssa KSydney Surrounds, NSW

Bought as a gift

I bought these headphones as a gift to my partner. I tried it on before I bought it - it has a decent amount bass (which was quite important as he listens to a lot of rap and deep vocals). The noise cancelling is quite good but you can still hear small murmurs if there's something significantly loud in the same room. The best thing about these headphones though, is the touch sensitive space on the head gear to (click next, pause, skip etc) It feels like a gimmick at first but when it comes to actual practice, it works flawlessly every time.

David C

David Csydney

The best wireless headphones

I have been using these non-stop for 4 months. They're comfortable with great battery life and the sound is fantastic. I tried the Bose and Sony competitors; the Bose sound is awful in my opinion, and the reason that I chose the 550's over the Sony is that the 550's have a newer version of Bluetooth which can be connected to multiple devices at once. Great buy, I will never regret it.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Steve Little

Steve LittleBrisbane

Perfect everything headphones

I wanted a wireless headphone solution that would easily switch between devices, and these do that with ease. Sennheiser have clearly listened to feedback and made the user interface sooo easy to use now with touch gestures. Sound quality is fantastic, as is using them to make phone calls. They say they go down to 17Hz, and I almost believe it - the bass is strong, tight, and deep. Also I love they way they switch on simply by unfolding them, and vice-versa switching off. And they are so comfy to wear, the earpads are soft and moulding to you own head. Noise cancelling is seamless too. Very happy, great job Sennheiser.

Date PurchasedNov 2017