Sennheiser PXC 550

Sennheiser PXC 550 (page 3 of 3)

• Sound Quality
  • Bass
  • Comfort
  • Battery Life
  • Bluetooth
  • Noise Cancellation

David F

David FSouth East Queensland, QLD

You should get these headphones

Initially I was reluctant to spend so much money on headphones, but I’m so glad I bought these and haven’t regretted it once. They are super comfortable (although can get warm and sweaty, particularly in warm climates) and the sound quality is fantastic. When flying or if you just want to block out those around you, the noise cancelling works really well. Battery life is excellent and recharge is fast. Highly recommend.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
K.K.W

K.K.WSydney

If you travel... get yourself a pair

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Find out how Sennheiser PXC 550 compares to other Wireless Headphones

Brett

BrettWollongong

Really like these

I got these with Qantas FF points, and have used them travelling and also to block out the noise of obnoxious workmates. The noise cancelling works great for both. Sound quality is good, with or without NC turned on. Flexibility is great - bluetooth, USB, or traditional 3.5mm - and battery seems to last forever. You can fiddle with settings using a companion iPhone app. Some nice touches like magically automatically pausing when you take them off, and playing when you put them on. Overall, I've been really happy with them.

Alyssa K

Alyssa KSydney Surrounds, NSW

Bought as a gift

I bought these headphones as a gift to my partner. I tried it on before I bought it - it has a decent amount bass (which was quite important as he listens to a lot of rap and deep vocals). The noise cancelling is quite good but you can still hear small murmurs if there's something significantly loud in the same room. The best thing about these headphones though, is the touch sensitive space on the head gear to (click next, pause, skip etc) It feels like a gimmick at first but when it comes to actual practice, it works flawlessly every time.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
David C

David Csydney

The best wireless headphones

I have been using these non-stop for 4 months. They're comfortable with great battery life and the sound is fantastic. I tried the Bose and Sony competitors; the Bose sound is awful in my opinion, and the reason that I chose the 550's over the Sony is that the 550's have a newer version of Bluetooth which can be connected to multiple devices at once. Great buy, I will never regret it.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Steve Little

Steve LittleBrisbane

Perfect everything headphones

I wanted a wireless headphone solution that would easily switch between devices, and these do that with ease. Sennheiser have clearly listened to feedback and made the user interface sooo easy to use now with touch gestures. Sound quality is fantastic, as is using them to make phone calls. They say they go down to 17Hz, and I almost believe it - the bass is strong, tight, and deep. Also I love they way they switch on simply by unfolding them, and vice-versa switching off. And they are so comfy to wear, the earpads are soft and moulding to you own head. Noise cancelling is seamless too. Very happy, great job Sennheiser.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Brett

BrettAdelaide

Perfect travel headphones

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Daniel

DanielVIC, 3004

Excellent sound and very decent NC

Was a bit skeptical getting this over the Bose, but the sound quality won me over after listening to both these and the QC35's in the shop. If your not listening to anything, the Bose win by a slight margin, but on a noisy plane, you won't be able to tell the difference. When listening to music however, these win out my a significant margin. The touch controls are great and easy to use, and the bluetooth connects every time.

Wireless Headphones

Find out how Sennheiser PXC 550 compares to other Wireless Headphones

Kelly R

Kelly RSydney

Best Noise Canceling Headphones

I brought these on a whim before traveling overseas, I wanted to block out the noise of small children while on long haul flights.
They really have great noise cancelling ability. The sound can be controlled by scrolling your finger on the outside of the right ear, and you can flick to the next song sliding your finger from left to right on the right ear. They are the best headphones I've purchased. The sound quality is very crisp. They are quite pricey, but it's a case of you get what you pay for.

Jack T.

Jack T.Sydney

A mixed bag

Redeemed these at the Qantas store using my frequent flyer points. The sound quality was very good compared to its main competitor, the Boss QC35. The only thing that I was not happy with was the fact that when the noise cancelling function was in adaptive mode (noise cancelling automatically switches on/off to save battery), there was very discernible clicking noises as the noise cancelling kicks. I had to return it at the end as I couldn't tolerate it.