Sennheiser RS 120 II

67 questions from our users

Tania H.

Tania H.asked

RS 120

is there anyway to adjust the bass on my headphones.
when watching the big bash(cricket) the bass from the background music
makes it impossible to listen through left headphone

Colin B.

Colin B.asked

I have the rs120ll headphones with 2 plugs red n black i look at a vidio it showed one 3.5 plug

Johno

Johnoasked

Initially I get good sound but this only lasts for say 10 mins and then I lose signal and only get static

Brian

Brianasked

The tuning is very touchy and very difficult to get a clear signal. When I move my head the sound drops off. Bought new last week.

john1234

john1234asked

RS 120 II

Inserting the yellow power cord seems to be very stiff. The top light only shows for approx 1 minute. Should I force the power cable on a bit further ?

Di W.asked

RS 120 II

My headphones don't seem to be charging. The charge light is not coming on. Any suggestions please?

Peregrineswift

Can only suggest you give the two contacts on headset a clean with something that's not overly abrasive and do the same on the arms of the charging stand. Other than that ???

Anne A.

Anne A.asked

I have the RS 120 II, straight from the box I connected the base to power, the power light came on for one second and has not come on or powered since. Any suggestions?

STEVE Basked

I have a RS 175,...My problem is about every 20 seconds or so it drops out for a micro second,you miss the word that's is said.Now I am in straight line with the receiver about 3 mtrs away.it doesn't do it all the time,but now its starting to annoy me.It does it when the headphones have been fully charged,and when thay have been used for a few hours as well.I am using optical cable on them and the receiver sits on my Foxtel Box on my dresser,and I have a small power board behind it with a few things plugged in,maybe 30 cm from it.Do you have any clues on my problem. Steve

Sorry..typo it's a RS 175

Dawn

Dawnasked

I have just purchased the headphone set. It has been on charger for over 24 hrs and the red light remains on. When I turn the headphones on I can only get static. Turning the tuning dial doesnt help. The green light is on that identifies as signal is present. I briefly got sound through the headphones but now cant. Any answers please

Peregrineswift

OOps. If your getting static and green light is on, then from my experience you are receiving signal. Seeing tuning dial isn't doing it's job ...... I think you may have a "Dud" piece (especially in view that you did have sound at some point using tuning). I don't think the red light is so much a factor as quality of batteries may determine charge time. ( my charge time also varies).

Peter B.

Peter B.asked

Why do my headphones only pick up one TV channel?

Winnie F.asked

After 3 years of using the headphones without a problem, now the green light goes off after around 7 minutes of watching a program.
First tried moving base unit away from tv, then different ac outlet, then changing channels on unit. After trying different configurations through the back of the samsung TV including changing single audio out jack to the the 2 rca out, after that when still not working tried upping tv audio out through tv settings, the green light continues to go out.
By now the continual wait for the light out and static noise is a blah blah nightmare.
At this point I can resume the green light by tapping the underside of the base unit, sometimes a bit harder then others and the light comes back on for a few minutes. Tried unplugging base and resetting the channels.
So is this now a throw away item?

carmoda
carmoda

Winnie, your units lasted better than either of ours. We are now using bluetooth headphones connected to our Apple TV. Our TV unit is just operating as a screen. Much better option. Apple TVs are cheap and work with everything.

Winnie F.

It turned out it was the Raspberry PI that was the problem not the headphones. Once the operating system was reinstalled everything worked again. Thank you for you message.

J Sydneyasked

Are Sennheiser RS 120 II headphones stereo?

J Sydney

Thanks GreenVomit8, I will recheck connections.

Alan

Alanasked

I purchased the SR 120 II for the Samsung tv and it is connecting to the ABC NEWS. It's giving me a 4-5 sec lag. When I change channels its still on the ABC. When I switched the TV and Foxtel off it is still accessing ABC news. The power station is powered on, connected and dialled into the headphones but does not sync with the headset when changing channels. I managed to at one stage change the channel but it still does not sync. There are no other wireless docking stations or anything else connected within the range of the headset

Gayleasked

We bought a new LG digital smart TV. The Sennheiser RS 120 II Wireless Audio Headphones no longer work. We have them plugged into the red and white output jacks but still no joy. ? Does this mean our headphones are now obsolete? (we have two sets) Thanks

GreenVomit8

Without knowing about your new TV but hearing that it has red and white output jacks I would guess not. Have a look in you LG TV settings menu and look for Audio output. For Audio output, try toggling 'off' HDMI, Optical or Digitial options. This is because your headphones require analogue signals as opposed to digital signals coming from your TV.

Ok thanks.

siham p.

siham p.asked

Can I use two headphones nes in the same room for two people?

GreenVomit8

Yes, We yes 2 headphones connected to the same base station without any problems.

siham p.

siham p.asked

I have 2 sennhieser rs 120 ll in the family room they both worked one of them became very old so I bought a new one to replace it but the new one doesn’t pick upthe signal so me and my husband will have one each what do I do

GreenVomit8

I would first troubleshoot to see which device could be causing the problem.
Try connecting them individuallly rather than all together to see if you can find a problem with an individual device whether it be a base station or a headset.

Mel

Melasked

RS 120 II

Why does the sound drop completely until nearly inaudible after about 1 hour watching my TV?

Ian W

Ian Wasked

RS 120 II

The Sennheiser RS120 ll is connected OK but does not transmit the channel currently playing on the TV. For instance, I may be watching a broadcast on Channel 92 but the RS 120 ll is transmitting Channel 7!! Am I plugged in to the wrong socket? I am connected via a digital/analog converter using a coaxial cable. The TV is not a "smart" and does not seem to have a coaxial connection facility. Please advise.

GreenVomit8

Hi Ian, Not sure if I have experienced the same as you but I remember accidentally being connected to a neighbours base station and was listening to their tennis game when I had a football game on my TV. I suggest you check that your back station is powered on, connected and tinker with the tuning dial on your headphones until it syncs with your base station. If you have an neighbour with a similar unit try changing the channel on the base station as you could be using the same channel as them. Change the channel by moving the slider switch on the front of the base station and then re-adjust the tuning dial on your headphones until is syncs-up. Hope this works for you as it did for me.

DanKasked

RS 120

I have a new Samsung Smart TV with 4 HDMI ports and 2 USB ports. I have a Sennheiser 120 wireless headphone with RCA inputs. How do I get them to work together?

GreenVomit8

I've found that some new Samsung Tvs are not being supplied the traditional 3.5mm analogue headphone audio outputs. Rather, they have have been substituting them with digital optical audio outputs. Does your new Samsung TV have an optical audio output? If yes then you will need to purchase an adapter. See adapter needed and setup instructions that I have posted in this Samsung user forum post. https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/tv/page/3/thread-id/23338

DanK

The problem is now that I can have TV speaker sound or headphone sound. I can not have both sounds. So either we watch TV with subtitles because my wife has the hearing problem and I keep the speaker sound turned down to normal or my wife uses the headphones and I read the subtitles. Not a good situation . is there a way that I can have both?

Susie

Susieasked

RS 120

I love my RS120 Sennheiser headphones but I read about several who have experienced the same issue I’ve had and have yet to find any answers for it. They worked great until out of nowhere the green on/off light stopped working and nothing but white noice no matter how much I tune them! I bought new rechargeable batteries (even though the batteries in it were still good). I unplugged all contacts, reconnected...still nothing!?!
Please guide me on what to do...
It could save my marriage as I am hard of hearing and my husband is a light sleeper! Thank you!!!

Get an answer from our members and Sennheiser representatives