Sennheiser RS 120 II

Sennheiser RS 120 II Questions & Answers

RS 120 II, RS 120
Brand Manager for Sennheiser? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

85 questions from our users

Kate R.
Kate R.asked
RS 120 II

Hi there. I’ve been using the Sennheiser RS 120 II and whenever I switch between Netflix selections or channels (I.e. when there is no audio playing into the headphones) a loud static sound comes through the headphones. Should this be happening? The only solution I see is to turn the headphones off whenever I switch between channels, but I can’t imagine this is supposed to happen? Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thankyou

Joe
Joeasked
RS 120 II

My headphones were working perfectly until I had to replace my cable tv remote. When I programmed the new remote the headset only produces static noise .I'm assuming that the programming of the remote somehow changed the signal or whatever technology they use. Is there a way to reset them again or are they toast?

Sharks
Sharksasked
RS 120 II

Connected to my guitar amplifier
For some reason after I set the volume I like the sound automatically reduces to a point where I need to keep turning up the headset volume.
I have the amp volume up high then adjust with headset volume dial.
Corded headsets don't do this

NPD
NPDasked
RS 120 II

New for Christmas- I cannot fully insert yellow power cord to transmitter - no charging light on -- so failure at the very first step ! Anyone else have this problem?

Sonja S
Sonja Sasked
RS 120 II

I told the service person that I needed 4 of the headphones so that 4 people could use them simultaneously while watching the same tv show or movie on the same tv, so that the children wouldn’t be woken. I asked the service person whether this would be possible and he said yes. I told him I wouldn’t purchase all 4 headphones if it wasn’t possible.
Guess what? Can’t use all 4 at same time on same tv. Is there an item I need to purchase to allow this?

Nagasubramanian R.
Nagasubramanian R.

From what I have read so far, you do not need to use any addition device or contraption to connect more than one headset to a base.

Tony tc
Tony tcasked
RS 120 II

Hi, Having read most of the questions ,mine is i have a Hisense smart TV, im not so smart. cables plugged in, power on,green light for 5 secs,static, only station i can get is a neighbor,no green light unless i turn tv off /on,them light goes out after 5 secs. if neighbor has not got his tv on ,just static.

Craig
Craig

You’re obviously not getting a sound signal from the tv to the transmitter. Play around with the different sound output connections on the tv. If you have the round rca plugs usually coloured red and white, use those to the transmitter and try that. No green light on transmitter means no audio signal.

Paul
Paulasked
RS 120 II

Sennheiser 120 wireless headphones will not work with Samsung smart TV using optical-to-RCA converter. Tried 2 different converters. headphones work when attached to RCA jacks on my old radio. Sound bar works when attached to the optical audio. All power lights on for all equipment. Tried all 3 settings on base and entire reception range on each setting.

Neil A.
Neil A.asked
RS 120 II

I am having difficulty tuning both left and right headphones in!

Avoirhund1
Avoirhund1

Assuming you are using an audio decoder converter between your tv and your Sennheiser I suggest you test the converter outputs individually. You may find one is not actually working (they should both work individually and give you stereo when both are connected. If one is not working you will need a new converter. Or you may find either left or right is not working well - perhaps one ear clear the other with sound but also static. I tried 2 converters as my first was quite cheap and did not work well. This was fixed by very gently readjusting the position of the plug (gently/slowly turn the connector and be ready to stop as soon as it hits the perfect spot). If you yourself are hearing impaired it might also help to have someone else in the family do the "tuning" as I've also found that the connector is very sensitive (sort of like tuning in a radio where you can hit the station but with a lot of static and have to marginally adjust to get the station without static). I turn it for my mother as she has trouble getting the precise point. And my biggest tip is that when you have set it never move the connectors or cords! Even the slightest bump seems to knock the connection enough to effect the sound. I am not sure how to include a utube link in this site but utube has some quite useful videos on optical connections for soundbars to android tvs, the principal is exactly the same and that's how I figured out how to fix it. Good luck.

Puneet
Puneetasked
RS 120 II

power light wont come on after pluging into power socket. Any help?

Jenny S.
Jenny S.asked
RS 120 II

How do you charge these headphones

Cem M.
Cem M.asked
RS 120 II

My headphones will not pick up anything on my tv all the cords are right I only get static

Russell H.

Adjust tune button on headphones

SteveM
SteveMasked
RS 120 II

I need to know if these headphones are capable of being connected to 2 sources?I have DTV and amazon fire on an LG smart TV. I can only figure out how to connect to the DTV box so when I switch from DTV to Fire streaming I am still getting DTV sound. Not sure if I need different headphones, a better brain, or if this task requires more than I headset.

Joy Jensen
Joy Jensenasked
RS 120 II

Can i listen to the tv while my husband is also listening with the headphones?

Daniel
Danielasked
RS 120 II

My unit has suddenly started picking up radio signals not related to the tv output. Is this normal btw I moved to a different state in Australia

Philip Zasked
RS 120 II

I am receiving an unknown broadcast

Philip Z

Not the sound that is showing.Tuned into other stations not them.The only thing I can think of receiving broadcast from next door.

tamanya.p
tamanya.pasked
RS 120 II

Are these easy to connect and disconnect from the tv so when someone is sleeping one can use the headphones but when both are awake you can use tv speakers? Looking at buying

Hazza

Yes, the best device I ever bought. My wife falls asleep and I can continue to watch TV and hear through the earphones. The bedroom is completely quiet. after I turn down the TV volume to 0. You have volume control on the Sennheiser head phones. Just adjust the lower control to sync the sound.

allan q.
allan q.asked
RS 120

red light only iluminates and a lot of static

Allan,
The red light is illuminated with a steady continuous beam.
I don't experience any static.

Tony T.
Tony T.asked
RS 120 II

No matter what i do i cant get reception
Green light comes on But can't tune in sound. Red and white audio are connected. Samsung TV. I do have another set hooked up to a Vizio. The headphone work fine on it. Any help?

Tania H.
Tania H.asked
RS 120

is there anyway to adjust the bass on my headphones.
when watching the big bash(cricket) the bass from the background music
makes it impossible to listen through left headphone

Colin B.
Colin B.asked
RS 120 II

I have the rs120ll headphones with 2 plugs red n black i look at a vidio it showed one 3.5 plug

Sennheiser RS 120 II