Sennheiser RS 120 II

Sennheiser RS 120 II (page 3 of 5)

RS 120 II, RS 120

• Sound Quality
  • Bass
  • Comfort
  • Battery Life
  • Bluetooth

Static blast is painful

I like these headphones except for one thing. If I am using them while watching you tube music videos and I come to the end of a video and go searching for the next video to watch if there is too long a lapse before starting the next video I get a blast of static in my ears. Its so bad it is very startling and for the first couple of times I ripped the phones off my head in reaction. It doesn't make me feel relaxed about the prospect of wearing them.

ringerc

ringercAU

Do you like loud static blasting in your ears after a short period of silence? Buy these headphones!

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Useless if wanting to watch a DVD

Purchased a new 120 ll set and works great when just watching TV channels ONLY, when I switch to the DVD player to watch a movie they don't work. They stay on but the sound doesn't transfer through change back to antenna and sounds straight back tried multiple different scenario's re-tuning ect ect and cannot get to play movies! Very frustrating.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Business owner

Business ownerCentral West, NSW

Helps me hear the TV without it being too loud

I brought these headphones to plug into the TV, so that I could hear the TV better and my lovely wife didn't have to put up with the volume being too loud. They are wireless and work very well. They sometimes need re-tuning, but that is easily done. Couple of small issues, the on/off label has worn off very quickly making it hard to remember which is which. This is an issue as if I leave them on the bed and they don't have a signal, they make a hissing noise that is disturbing to others in the room with normal hearing. Also I needed to get a analogue to digital sound converter to allow the headphones to work with my TV. Generally very happy, if you don't mind sitting watching TV with headphones on with others.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Burkstrum

BurkstrumCaloundra

Fantastic sound quality

I haven't had these for long, but I have watched a few amazing battle scenes in movies whilst wearing these. They allow you to hear things that you wouldn't normally when just listening to the TV speakers. They do a great surround sound effect but allow you to also hear your surroundings too. I love the charging hanger. It works very well.

Tullys91

Tullys91hallett cove

excellent quality!

The sound from these is phenomenal - really great headphones! The price I paid for these was very reasonable, when trying in store I was expecting they would cost alot more, I was pleasantly surprised when I was actually told. I am super happy with these, great for plugging into my laptop and watching movies.

fptr

fptrmooloolaba

wireless phones

personally i think these are rubbish for the asking price very flimsy almost impossible to tune and the tuning does not stay put i was so disappointed i bought a new tv with bluetooth no regrets these phones given to charity
and i find them somewhat uncomfortable to wear not a patch on other sennheiser products eg momentus

Liam S

Liam S

Awesome sound!

I was extremely pleased with these headphones ! The quality of sound is incredible ! The price was exceptional ! The product , price and customer service plainly makes Sweetwater the clear leader in all three categories ! I All U.S. companies could learn a lesson from these guys ! The best company I have aver made a purchase from ! Trust me, this is an exceptional product with A1 quality sales and service!

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Nipun

Nipunsydney

Nice sound quality

Initially when my wife brought this for me, I was not happy but when I have start using it , I have started recommended to all my friends. It has got great sound quality and I am watch my fav channels anytime without disturbing my wife and son.Price is also reasonable with this quality.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Jan

JanPerth

Just like being at the cinema

Being somewhat hard of hearing i purchased this product so that my family didnt constantly tell me to turn my tv or music down. Straight out of the box they were easy to set up and work a treat. It is amazing what i have been missing. Watching a movie is now a cinematic experience.
Comfortable to wear and contrary to other reviews i dont find them trying to fall off if leaning forward.

I love this product !!

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Aceb85

Aceb85

Awesome Headphone.

Got these as a present couldnt be happier. Sound quality is 10/10. Price is good. Also my wife and kids are happy i dont nake noise anymore at nights watching tv. I also get a better sound experience because with the headphones on you hear it all clearly and perfectly.

One of the best product

I purchase this for my husband because his hearing power is poor. He don't hear clearly. So i want him hear hear properly. We used a lot of different sets of headphones but no one is close to this one. It's lot easier to use. The tuning and quality of sound is great. Love this product.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
johnny

johnnyMoruya nsw

very useful

i bought these headphones for my mother-in-law who is deaf & visiting us for 10 weeks.
we couldn't stand having the volume up so loud and she couldn't hear if we had it as normal.
now we can all view the TV at the same time with independent sound control.
my mother-in-law loves them so much as she can hear sounds that don't appear to be there on the normal TV. she's going to take them home to the UK and set them up on her own tv

David

DavidAdelaide

Great headphones

I was given a set of these for a present. Have always loved the brand and they are great headphone.
Self charging when back on the stand.
Only slight downfall is they are not closed sound meaning if you have something loud playing everyone else around can hear it also.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Photodoc

PhotodocBrisbane

Sennheiser RS 120 11

First the price,they have more than halved in price ( have seen sold for $240-$290 ),due to the newer Bluetooth TV out there,but if you can't here the tv without it being really loud ( and everyone screaming at you to turn it down ) or you want to watch the tv when people are in bed ,well buy a pair of these around $120 Australia dollars they are very handy well made wireless headphones. Connect left and right stero jack/ RCA ( red and black) to back of your tv,turn on tv ( they shut down / no light when tv is off) and sit back ,crank it up and enjoy.
I told my bother in law to buy them and he loves them.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

sco0bs

sco0bsMelbourne

Going wireless is so liberating!

These wireless headphones will allow you to connect with your devices and listen to your music clearly even when you go downstairs to the kitchen in your double-brick home. They are fairly well designed to fit comfortably with an adjustable headband, although the foam padding for the ears are pretty ordinary.

Date PurchasedJul 2015
ChuCha

ChuChasydney

Decent earphones but very loose around head

Previous model only lasted 3 years. hoping this one will fare better. does the job in allowing us to watch tv without disturbing others. battery life is reasonable. does not require Bluetooth functionality and so useful to the have a 'home base' that it is linked to. Downside is the fit - does not fit snugly around heads (which you want for a surround sound experience) - have tried this on several people now and unless you have a giant head circumference, it will want to slip off.

Angelina U

Angelina UMelbourne

100% Recommended!!

Honestly, I'm mind blown by this amazing product! I would always use the ordinary earphones to listen to music and play games and such until it recently broke. This made me resort to browsing for a good long lasting pair of headphones instead of cheap low quality ones. Definitely not a mistake choosing this product. Its sound quality is excellent and you can tell it would last long.

Anthony

Anthony

Great Pair

Great pair of headphones, sennheiser never disappoint, ever since i started djing ive only used sennheiser. The sound quality is great, great highs, lows and mids. They are very comfortable and the quality of the build is great. If audio is a priority to you, i highly recommend these. Enjoy

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Keith2

Keith2Adelaide

Great for removing the family from hearing problems

Date PurchasedDec 2011

NPD

NPDasked

RS 120 II

New for Christmas- I cannot fully insert yellow power cord to transmitter - no charging light on -- so failure at the very first step ! Anyone else have this problem?

Sonja S

Sonja Sasked

RS 120 II

I told the service person that I needed 4 of the headphones so that 4 people could use them simultaneously while watching the same tv show or movie on the same tv, so that the children wouldn’t be woken. I asked the service person whether this would be possible and he said yes. I told him I wouldn’t purchase all 4 headphones if it wasn’t possible.
Guess what? Can’t use all 4 at same time on same tv. Is there an item I need to purchase to allow this?

From what I have read so far, you do not need to use any addition device or contraption to connect more than one headset to a base.

Tony tc

Tony tcasked

RS 120 II

Hi, Having read most of the questions ,mine is i have a Hisense smart TV, im not so smart. cables plugged in, power on,green light for 5 secs,static, only station i can get is a neighbor,no green light unless i turn tv off /on,them light goes out after 5 secs. if neighbor has not got his tv on ,just static.

Craig
Craig

You’re obviously not getting a sound signal from the tv to the transmitter. Play around with the different sound output connections on the tv. If you have the round rca plugs usually coloured red and white, use those to the transmitter and try that. No green light on transmitter means no audio signal.

Compare both Sennheiser RS 120 II

Colour / FinishSilverSilver
Frequency Response22 Hz - 19500 Hz
Weight230 g
Battery Life20 hours
Connections3.5mm Jack, 6.5mm Jack and Bluetooth3.5mm Jack, 6.5mm Jack and Bluetooth
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateAug 2006