RS 120 II, RS 120
See the Best Wireless Headphones in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Sennheiser? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Sound Quality
  • Bass
  • Comfort
  • Battery Life
  • Bluetooth
Hendo
HendoCairns

Unusable

When sound is low or silent on tv, the transmitter shuts down (this is done on purpose by sennheiser) and you get an earful of white noise at full volume.
My old Mum has a pair of Phillips but she keeps breaking them so these are a fill in while I repair the Phillips. They were only tested when I got them and they seemed fine, it was only recently that she broke the Phillips again they were put into proper service, and failed miserably.

Purchased in December 2020 at Amazon for $199.00.

Julia T.
Julia T.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good quality build

Good set of headphones which are built well with quality materials but their service could use some improving. I bought my pair online and it took close to 2 weeks to be shipped

Russell H.
Russell H.Southern and Hills, SA

Fall off my head too easily

Reasonable quality. On ear not over ear. Did ask salesperson if I could take them out of box but no...he said over ear. Fall off my head which is annoying.

Purchased in February 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $187.00.

Tommy
Tommy

Disappointed

Although I’m a fan of sennheisar head phones, I was disappointed to find this particular product not working at all after a month. At first it worked well, and the sound quality was great. It didn’t take long though to find it completely mute and consequently useless. Not sure if it was a one off, or if there was a faulty design in the batch but was dissatisfied with the end result.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

ptiva
ptivaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great if looked after. Go buy one. Properly Great sounding On Ear type muffs

Best quality to value readily avail in Oz. Fab Soundz really! But leaks sound as not fully enclosed.
Lasted well for 2 yrs till dropped at least twice this year. Then freq static and less wireless range!
Easily falls off head when bending or looking downwards. Better if we're designed as "over ear" sealed type. Hide em from the kids & clutz!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2014
Greendog
GreendogSunshine Coast

Don’t Buy These Headphones

I use headphones to watch TV due to a hearing loss. The loss of signal and resultant static blast from this product is regular, insistent and extremely frustrating. They regularly need retuning. They fall off your head if you look down. These are the second Sennheiser headphones I have purchased and I will never buy any of their product again. These are rubbish.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Harry
HarryDungog

Blasts of static

Owned for 1 month. Quality of sound is reasonable. External noise a bit of a bugbear, but biggest problem is that it regularly loses connection with TV or computer and sends a constant and extremely loud blast of static through the headphones. This has happened twice in the last hour while watching a movie (i.e. no quiet periods to cause dropouts). Have decided to ask for refund.

Date PurchasedSept 2017

Top-rated personal electronic devices in 2020!

ProductReview.com.au has analysed a year's worth of reviews to find the top wireless headphones, mobile phones and tablets in 2020. Compare specific reviewer ratings, ranging from Battery Life and Sound / Camera Quality to Value for Money and Ease of Use to help you choose great personal tech.

Wendy Z.1 Nov 2019
top-rated-personal-electronic-devices-in-2020

Static blast is painful

I like these headphones except for one thing. If I am using them while watching you tube music videos and I come to the end of a video and go searching for the next video to watch if there is too long a lapse before starting the next video I get a blast of static in my ears. Its so bad it is very startling and for the first couple of times I ripped the phones off my head in reaction. It doesn't make me feel relaxed about the prospect of wearing them.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Useless if wanting to watch a DVD

Purchased a new 120 ll set and works great when just watching TV channels ONLY, when I switch to the DVD player to watch a movie they don't work. They stay on but the sound doesn't transfer through change back to antenna and sounds straight back tried multiple different scenario's re-tuning ect ect and cannot get to play movies! Very frustrating.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

fptr
fptrmooloolaba

wireless phones

personally i think these are rubbish for the asking price very flimsy almost impossible to tune and the tuning does not stay put i was so disappointed i bought a new tv with bluetooth no regrets these phones given to charity
and i find them somewhat uncomfortable to wear not a patch on other sennheiser products eg momentus

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Brett G
Brett GMaitland

NOTE ON EAR Headphones. Only useful if you are sitting still, no good for high quality music listeni

Date PurchasedMay 2017
BroScience
BroScience

Transmitter build quality questionable?

Kate R.
Kate R.asked
RS 120 II

Hi there. I’ve been using the Sennheiser RS 120 II and whenever I switch between Netflix selections or channels (I.e. when there is no audio playing into the headphones) a loud static sound comes through the headphones. Should this be happening? The only solution I see is to turn the headphones off whenever I switch between channels, but I can’t imagine this is supposed to happen? Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thankyou

Joe
Joeasked
RS 120 II

My headphones were working perfectly until I had to replace my cable tv remote. When I programmed the new remote the headset only produces static noise .I'm assuming that the programming of the remote somehow changed the signal or whatever technology they use. Is there a way to reset them again or are they toast?

Sharks
Sharksasked
RS 120 II

Connected to my guitar amplifier
For some reason after I set the volume I like the sound automatically reduces to a point where I need to keep turning up the headset volume.
I have the amp volume up high then adjust with headset volume dial.
Corded headsets don't do this

See all Sennheiser RS 120 II questions

FeaturesOpen Back
Frequency Response22 Hz - 19500 Hz
Weight230 g
Battery Life20 hours
Connections3.5mm Jack, 6.5mm Jack and Bluetooth3.5mm Jack, 6.5mm Jack and Bluetooth
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishSilverSilver