RS 120 II, RS 120

• Battery Life
  • Bluetooth
Avoirhund1

Avoirhund1South East Queensland, QLD

Does what it says but having trouble connecting it to the new android tv via the optical cable

These headphones allow a person who is hard of hearing to listen to tv clearly whilst everyone else in the room can hear the tv as normal. These have served our family well for some time but we recently upgraded to an Android tv and it does not have the old cable attachments. This unit has not worked so well now that it has to be connected via the optical input with an optical cable. Its not as effective with new style androids.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Sound Quality
Bass
Comfort
Battery Life
Bluetooth
Halo27

Halo27richmond

Good headphones - trouble free to use

These do a great job for me - they are comfortable to wear and light enough to forget once they are on. The wireless connection is rock solid and doesn't drift at all. I put some quality rechargeables in the headset when I bought them and it auto recharges every time they go back to the base , so they are always charged up. Sound quality is probably not audiophile standard but its very, very good and all I need.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
PUE785

PUE785GREVILLIA

Good product

This headset is very comfortable to wear, the sound insulation effect is also very good, long-term use will not cause damage to the ear, the sound quality is much better than the previous one, the high and low sound is very clear, the connection range is also large enough, I like this very much Headphones

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Brewster

BrewsterTHE GULF

Strong Bass response, Detailed sound reproduction,

Provides a dreamy, transparent and balanced sound. With its excellent bass, this headset is ideal for all types of music and TV Applications. The headphones also offer excellent comfort, while the unique "easy charging" feature makes charging Easy. Experience world-class quality and complete freedom of voice.Strong Bass response, Detailed sound reproduction,

Date PurchasedDec 2017

498464654545KEILOR NORTH

Sennheiser RS 120 II

Cost-effective relatively high, packaging is very tall, the quality is really good. Try it, The sound is clear, the bass midrange is good, the treble is not bad!! Surround sound is very strong, the sound field is very plump, the instrument separation is fine, the harmony part can be clearly heard each tone, sound restoration is very real, rich in detail and listening, the real good, listen to music is also very good.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
HK789

HK789GREVILLIA

Sennheiser RS 120 II

Almost every week I will use it, this is a magical product, I like it, I think music can let me find the real me, I love music, but also worth saying is its excellent sound quality, no noise, so I can relax and enjoy this music, I like this magical product

2songs

2songsHawthorn

Long Lasting & Good Overall Quality

These are getting on for two years old now and no signs of wear at all. They are literally worn every day for hours at a time. That's pretty impressive as others have come and gone in that time. Sound quality is more than required for TV and movies. I don't use them for music (have others for that). I am well happy with these.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
B4ssman

B4ssmanBrunswick

Great for TV and music

I think I have used these every day since I got them. They are super comfortable and sound much much better than our TV so I have taken to just slipping them on every time I watch. The other time they get most used is Saturday morning house cleaning. The signal stretches around the whole house with just a few crackly spots. I plug the base station directly into my phone (comes with a 3.5mm jack on acord). I am pretty much 100% satisfied with this product and cannot think of any negatives

Date PurchasedMar 2017
2Fast

2FastGeelong

Comfortable and good noise isolation

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Gregoire

GregoireGeelong

Get Used Daily For Movies

We literally use these every day for movies - or at least my wife does. They are set up next to the TV and usually I will watch something on the laptop and she on the main TV with these on. There are so reliable that they never need anything done and just do their thing day after day. Sound quality is good with nice isolation. They have been an excellent buy

Fred

FredSydney

Comfy and fun to use

Comfy and fun to use Headphones. Never felt any niggling pain points like I have with previous models. Long battery life and suitable recharge period. Access to controls is easy and never had to fumble at all. I’d happily buy these again but these will surely last a few years yet

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
missa

missa

worth of its money

The Sennheiser RS Wireless Headphone System offers impressive wireless sound, a comfortable fit and extended range (through walls), and easily connects to your TV, computer or any audio source with the included cables. Connection is rock-solid and features include faux surround and bass boost modes.
As far as the design goes, it's a comfortable closed-back over-ear design that does a good job of keeping sound from leaking out so you don't disturb someone sleeping nearby. But the headphones fit snugly enough that you may be forced to take some quick breaks while wearing them over the course of a 2-hour movie.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Ragtime

RagtimeMelbourne

Perfect For Movies

These are set up right next to the tv. I only watch movies and Netflix with these on because the TV has very tinny sounding speakers. Sound quality is awesome with them on - cannot fault it. The range is good too. Can get almost to the back of the house and be still in range. The only annoying thing is that I have to leave the earphone door permanently open on the TV to connect the input cable to the base. I would definitely buy them again if I lost them. They are great.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Hugh_J

Hugh_JMelbourne

Wear Them Daily

I live in a noisy area so I put these on after dinner to watch TV. Absolutely love them. They charge on the cradle so they are always ready to go and I can walk all the way to the bathroom and back without losing connection.
Sound quality is excellent. Full and well balanced. My only gripe is the inside of the earpieces are dust magnets but I clean them up with some sticky tape from time to time. I recommend these headphones, my experience has been pretty much perfect.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

not the best but not bad.

They are growing on me. Good for long term listening as not to aggressive.
I have added a chin strap to keep them on my head.
One of my wife's old Bra Straps...works a treat.
Good definition I have heard bits I have never heard on the speakers.
There is a bit of static at the start but this seems to improve with use.
Not the best I have ever used. But the others were not wireless.
Good but not Great.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Dayne

Dayne

Absolute Beast in the Home

Just simply does what it needs to do. Although it is at the lower end, make no mistake, when set up properly (and easily so), some great performance. The audio is luscious and very immersive for a radio headphone, convenient to have no cable and just so easy to connect and listen to music sources or video sources you'd rather watch from a distance.

Peter K

Peter KTaree, NSW 2430

Near perfect. Minor suggestion for design-improvement...

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Tish L.

Tish L.

Decent value but not the best

The battery life and sound quality on this headset are both fairly decent - my backbeat pros and bose qc's are slightly better but were also pricier. Charges in a couple hours which is convenient, and I've had no connection errors yet. Sound-wise, these are nice and crisp in the higher ranges but can be a bit too bassy, soundstage is also very accurate which is a plus. Recommend for this price range - these are well built and have no hardware issues.

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Sam

SamCanberra, 2604

Best for movie headphone

headphone is very good for watching action movie, I really love this headphone when watching movie war or action film, explosion on war movie and akai movie for me feel is in the movie, do not regret buy this headphone, but if make this music headphones not so good but still ok but not so good.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014
Nemmi

NemmiSydney

Great headphones for its price

They are very convenient to wear around the house. The bass is deep and the ear cups are comfortable to wear. However, it can be very easy to hit the tuning button which can generate sudden noises. Same goes for the volume button. Full charge takes a couple of hours.

Date PurchasedJun 2013

NPD

NPDasked

RS 120 II

New for Christmas- I cannot fully insert yellow power cord to transmitter - no charging light on -- so failure at the very first step ! Anyone else have this problem?

Sonja S

Sonja Sasked

RS 120 II

I told the service person that I needed 4 of the headphones so that 4 people could use them simultaneously while watching the same tv show or movie on the same tv, so that the children wouldn’t be woken. I asked the service person whether this would be possible and he said yes. I told him I wouldn’t purchase all 4 headphones if it wasn’t possible.
Guess what? Can’t use all 4 at same time on same tv. Is there an item I need to purchase to allow this?

From what I have read so far, you do not need to use any addition device or contraption to connect more than one headset to a base.

Tony tc

Tony tcasked

RS 120 II

Hi, Having read most of the questions ,mine is i have a Hisense smart TV, im not so smart. cables plugged in, power on,green light for 5 secs,static, only station i can get is a neighbor,no green light unless i turn tv off /on,them light goes out after 5 secs. if neighbor has not got his tv on ,just static.

Craig
Craig

You’re obviously not getting a sound signal from the tv to the transmitter. Play around with the different sound output connections on the tv. If you have the round rca plugs usually coloured red and white, use those to the transmitter and try that. No green light on transmitter means no audio signal.

Compare both Sennheiser RS 120 II

Colour / FinishSilverSilver
Frequency Response22 Hz - 19500 Hz
Weight230 g
Battery Life20 hours
Connections3.5mm Jack, 6.5mm Jack and Bluetooth3.5mm Jack, 6.5mm Jack and Bluetooth
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateAug 2006