Sennheiser RS 165

• Comfort
  • Battery Life
  • Bluetooth

Good Sound, Bad Range

Purchased in December 2019 for A$180.00.

Battery Life
Sound Quality
Bass
Comfort
Bluetooth

ArgusSouthwest, VIC

Bought as a replacement...

...for older version of Sennheiser headphones, and where I got them the price was better than what other audio specialists were advertising. Mainly listen to music from laptop, and the noticeable volume drops are annoying but you soon get used to it. Have them plugged into remote speakers, not directly into laptop, so this could be reason for the drop in volume. Not noise cancelling as I can still hear the wife when she is talking to me!

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Willo

Willogold coast

OK but not brilliant

Good sound and battery life but they are bulky and they get heavy. I purchased mine for noise cancelling but I can still hear everything that is happening around me. Hopeless. If you want to silence the TV for the sake of others then their an OK option. I am looking for a better noise cancelling set.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Wireless Headphones

Find out how Sennheiser RS 165 compares to other Wireless Headphones

jim

jimBundaberg

Fantastic product!

I haven’t bought wireless headphones before and was surprised with the fantastic sound quality. The battery life was impressive and it held the charge well given the fast charge time. All in all for a $375 product, i couldn’t recommend this product enough. Having three children it works well drowning out their arguing.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

TysonPerth

Great sound and comfort

Got these headphones just recently to listen to the TV. They are very comfortable going over my ears and sitting effortlessly on my head. The should is perfect and with the bass booster, I can get cinema style rumbles watching my favourite movies. The battery life seems very good so far only putting the headphones on the stand in the evening when I go to bed. A great way to watch TV without disturbing anyone else.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Roy Johnson

Roy JohnsonMelbourne

Perfect

I bought these head phones for my autistic son the model no HD500A while I paid $212.00 for them I can confirm that they do what they say they will do that being listen to music and don't be able to here the sounds around you yes I would use the company again if I need anything

Date PurchasedApr 2017

SandyBlueSydney Surrounds, NSW

Pretty good but short range

Had been using an older model Sennheiser which was fantastic, it had quite a long range. I could wander around my house and outside and still get sound. Unfortunately I had to return it to my daughter so we had to purchase another headphone set.
The new headphones have good sound but a short range which I have found disappointing, they also are close fitting around the ears which I have found can cause some perspiration in warm weather. I did not have this problem with the old set.

Julieasked

Will these work with Netflix as I purchased some and needed some optical adapter to get them to work.

Argus

I assume they would. If they work with your TV, and Netflix plays through your TV .................

Julie

They work with the tv but not with Netflix?

Denchuk

My headphones work fine connected directly to the headphones jack of my smart TV. Note that this will probably cut off the sound from the TV speakers and you will still need to have the TV volume turned up, not just the headphone volume. It is strange that they would work with your TV programming but not Netflix.

Thomas Callaghan

Thomas Callaghanasked

How long can I expect my 165 to last. Despite my best efforts, new batteries, remove and replace all connections- no sound!

Argus

I've never had to replace the batteries, however, I get no sound when I forget to turn headphones on!

The lights are as follows: Top - battery status, green for fully charged, red for charging. Middle - bass boost. Bottom - headphones on.

Denchuk

I've had mine for 3 months with no issues except for the disappointing short range of only approx 25 ft vs the advertised 100 ft. Tech support says wifi can affect the range. So I would not recommend this product if you want to walk around the house. Works great if you stay in the same room.

Re: the sound issue, I had the same problem during set up when I connected the 165 base to the headphone jack on my television. My television is connected to an external surround system, so in the TV settings I have the TV speakers turned off (and they were also set at 0 volume level). I kept the TV speakers turned off but increased the TV volume level and voila I had sound in the headphones.

If that doesn't work, try some other headphones from your phone or iPod in the TV headphone jack to make sure the jack is not defective (ensure the volume on the TV is up as per above). If the TV jack is defective then you might try a splitter to connect to the RCA (red and white) inputs on your TV. They are cheap on Amazon. Unfortunately Sennheisser gives you useless adapters for every outlet possible but not this simple connector.
Hope this helps.

Dorothy W

Dorothy Wasked

Can you get sound out the TV and speakers same time?

Yes you can.