Sensodyne 24/7 Protection Range

Sensodyne 24/7 Protection Range (page 2 of 6)

• Sensitivity Improvement Yes (5) · No (26)
  • Whitening Improvement Yes (1) · No (31)
  • Taste
Lisa T.
Lisa T.Sydney, NSW

Horrible! Mouth ulcers and sores!!

Purchased in January 2020.

Taste

Burning gums and lips with disgusting taste

Side effects of burning gums and lips and tastes disgusting - after 4 days I switched back to the other Sensodyne toothpaste - this one is in the bin will NOT be buying again!!

Purchased in May 2020 at Woolworths for $11.00.

Other Toothpastes

Terrible toothpaste. Burning mouth with ulcers and swollen lips

Yes, as stated above burning sensation, mouth ulcers and cracked swollen lips. Have always used sensodyne in the past but giving up on it. Why change a product that for years has done what it says,

Purchased in February 2020.

Sensitivity ImprovementNo
Whitening ImprovementNo

Find out how Sensodyne 24/7 Protection Range compares to other Toothpastes

Severe reaction to this product

After using this product ,I got sores on the lining of my mouth & under my tongue. Before I realised what was causing this , I went to the doctor as the reaction I had was so severe. I was put on steroids by my doctor but to no avail. I was really despairing until I finally connected the problem I was having to this toothpaste after a few terrible weeks. My lips were swollen and cracked. I got a burning sensation on the inside of my mouth and corners of my mouth were cracked. Never again for this product.

Purchased in December 2019.

Sensitivity ImprovementNo
Whitening ImprovementNo
Harry Wood
Harry WoodSouth East Queensland, QLD

Unreal this product is still for sale

Like others on here I developed sore gums, mouth and white stinging tongue.Tried anti biotics and then the Doctor gave me Steroids.Nothing worked.The only thing I could think off that after 10 years I had changed to Sensodyne.Saw the reviews on here and stopped using Sensodyne immediately.Started improving straight away and now after 7 days returned to normal.How is this product still for sale?

Purchased in February 2020 at Coles for $6.00.

Horrible experience!

I purchased Sensodyne Rapid Relief and used it 3 days. My tongue is white, I have sores in my mouth and everything I try to eat burns my mouth. O and I have no taste at all. Can't say if it helps tooth sensitivity because I'm throwing it in the trash. Never again! Very bad experience.

Purchased in March 2020 at BI-LO for $6.99.

Taste

Sensodyne Build and Repair: HORRIBLE!!!

Horrible side Effects!!! Burning lips, roof of mouth, gums and tongue , metal tasting and sore teeth. I thought I had BMS because those are all the signs but then realized I had switched tooth paste. This caused major pain and discomfort and sleepless nights. I bought aloe juice to calm the pain down. Never use this product.

Purchased in February 2020 at Amazon for $3.25.

Dee
DeeRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Aching teeth

Side effects of Sensodyne are worse than what the toothpaste is designed to help - sensitivity. After 3 weeks of use, all of my teeth started to ache and I developed swollen glands. My face started to feel stiff and very painful to eat. I had to take painkillers and stopped using Sensodyne. Within 48 hours my teeth were back to normal, my glands had gone down, and my face is not stiff and achy. Never going to touch this toothpaste again.

Purchased in December 2019 at Coles for $11.00.

Peace88
Peace88

sore lips and mouth

Two persistent sores on my upper lip and now inside the mouth. In the beginning I did not know what was the cause, but I have noticed since last week that each time I brushed my teeth, the sores got worse. I stopped using it since yesterday and I am feeling a little better. I only used salt to brush my teeth since yesterday and it seems to be better than the tooth paste!

Purchased at Ocado for $4.75.

Sensitivity ImprovementYes
Whitening ImprovementYes

Find out how Sensodyne 24/7 Protection Range compares to other Toothpastes

Gave me swollen lips and canker sores all around my inner lip

Definitely experienced severe side effects from using Sensodyne Sensitivity & Gum Whitening. My lips severely swollen and I now have canker sores throughout my upper inner lip. It has made it incredibly difficult to speak and difficult to eat.

My lips have also been extra dry. This toothpaste is supposed to protect, not make mouths feel like they're in pain.

Purchased in October 2019 for $9.02.

Taste

Caused sensitivity that wasn’t there before.

I don’t have sensitive teeth. Have only experienced a sensitive twinge once or twice in my life. Tried travel version of sensodyne protect and repair, as was travelling and it was available. Threw it away after a few days because teeth felt sensitive after using. Made no sense to me, only that normal tooth paste causes no negative effects at all, and yet this particular sensitive toothpaste gave me the symptom that it was meant to be protecting against. Have happily avoided it since.

Purchased in November 2019 for $8.00.

Not a good experience

I started using Sensodyne Rapid Relief after some dental work, in hopes to ease some discomfort. First few days I did notice some increased sensitivity in teeth I hadn’t experienced before, but I chalked that up to referred pain. Then I started getting these horrible headaches. I was about 7 days in to using the toothpaste, before I realized it was probably what was causing the headaches; now I’m just waiting for them to subside. I wonder how long it will take??

Purchased in December 2019 for $6.99.

Taste

If it's not broke, don't fix it.

Old rapid repair was EXCELLENT but since it's been changed the inside of my lips swelled up . Felt like the inside of my mouth was all cracked. Changed brands and problem solved. Sensory get your act together.

Purchased in July 2019 at Asda for $3.99.

Caroline
CarolineVictoria

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING

I experienced numerous side effects. Sore throat, chronic cough, extremely hoarse, constantly clearing throat. Required chest xrays and gastroscopy. Oesophagus showed an allergy. Stopped using the paste and problems cleared.

Purchased in February 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for $11.00.

Other Toothpastes

New formula of Rapid Relief...

Old formula worked. New one with Fluoride in it does not- in fact it has made the sensitivity much worse. Plus it takes some skin off the inside of my mouth and lips

Purchased in March 2019 at Safeway for $6.99.