Sensodyne 24/7 Protection Range

Sensodyne 24/7 Protection Range (page 4 of 5)

• Sensitivity Improvement Yes (3) · No (26)
  • Whitening Improvement Yes (1) · No (29)
  • Taste

new formula - disgusting!!!!

I have been a long term user of sensodyne toothpaste, but a new formula has been introduced and the taste is terrible, doesn't leave a nice cleaning feeling - so it is definitely back to Colgate. I had contacted GlaxoSmithKline - they just said that it is a new formula, so virtually take it or leave it. I'll be leaving it.

KristyA34

KristyA34Sydney

sensodyne- new formula

I have been using sensodyne for 10 years now, and I absolutely hate the 'new formula'. New because it is now made in thailand. It leaves a gross film on the roof of my mouth and it tastes terrible. I was happy to pay the price for a toothpaste that would help my teeth, but now this product anymore. I also think the size is smaller.
I will definitely be looking for a new toothpaste....

tastes terrible, leaves film in my mouth

sensodyne- new formula

I agree with the other poor reviews of this product - watery, doesn't taste the same, and my teeth actually started hurting after a short time of using it! I though I must have gotten one from a bad batch, thats why I turned it over to look at the label and saw that it's not made in Oz any more...mine's in the bin.

Zig11

I totally agree. I have been using Sensodyne for 20 years with great results. This new one is lousy, doesn't work. This is the first time I have had pain from my teeth in years. I will not be buying it anymore.

BUGBUYER

I switches to Macleans sensitive a few years ago with good results. It tastes fine and is much cheaper.
It is also made in Thailand so I'm now trying CEDEL Aussie made sensitive toothpaste... about $4 a box from Coles.

LEE

midniteeyes

midniteeyesAU

Sensodyne Original is my favourite.

I am currently using Sensodyne Rapid Relief, but prefer the original Sensodyne. Its $1 cheaper too! Does what it claims, & my teeth aren't so sensitive since using this product. Don't like the Colgate sensitive toothpastes at all. One of them ended up giving me mouth ulcers! But I would like to know if all these sensitive toothpastes are abrasive on the teeth? My dentist says not, but I am not so sure.

Jayne22
Jayne22
Sam0707

Sam0707BRISBANE

Sensodyne - New Formula Total Care

Why was the formula changed, also noticed this product is made in Thailand. Don't like the taste of the new formula & also is more watery. I was really happy with the old formula. Not sure if I get hold of the old toothpaste. I want the old formula back....I have been using this product for over ten years and now looking for a new product.. ... ..

Julz1919

I agree very watery and much less minty fresh . Not worth the price. After only using it a few times I now use cedal

Julz1919

Yep very disappointed. It was such a good toothpaste for many years . Just brushed my teeth with it again because i dont want to waste it but made my mind up. It's in the bin! they should sell it for half the price. Actually it's not even worth that!

Suz03
Suz03

Yes its horrible. Will not be buying it any more. Hope to find a nice tastiing Australian made alternative

dougi

dougi

OK

Years ago, my dentist recommended this brand of toothpaste to me as I have very sensitive teeth. I started to use it and while it helped to "desensitise" my teeth, I found that for some reason or other, it either put a coating on the inside of my mouth, or it cause the skin to flake off. It was quite weird so after a while I stopped using it. I spoke to my dentist about it and he hadn't heard of this happening with anyone else before so I must have had some sensitivity to the Sensodyne - very odd !
Good if you have sensitive teeth
It effected my mouth

kaf23

kaf23

Good

I recently started to suffer from sensitive teeth when eating cold items and felt quite concerned as i have heard that this issue can progress and become quite painful. I tried sensodyne, i like that is easily accessible from the supermarket and i was really suprised that it worked - it relieved the discomfort i had felt from cold items. I would reccomend this product to anyone suffering from sensitive teeth - it also has a really pleasant taste which is another plus. The extra price is worth it!
I like that this product has a fresh taste and that it actually does what it claims to do!
A bit more pricey than the regular tooth paste on the market but it is worth it if you suffer from sensitive teeth.

EV79Lawton

EV79LawtonWA, 6018

A trustworthy tootpaste

I really do not like the taste of the Sensodyne as I believe if you have used it before, you will get what I meant.
Due to I am pregnant and to reduce the inflammation of my teeth (because I have gum disease problem), thus decided to buy an original version of Sensodyne toothpaste.
It is a very trustworthy brand and product. After using it for a week, I can see the improvement because my gum is not easy to get bleeding while I brush it.
If they really have a good mint flavour, I will definitely be their loyal customer.

MotherMoon

MotherMoonWA, 6210

Good

I love this product, when you have that hot cuppa and your teeth make you sqint well it is time to change toothpaste. I used this or a good six months and found it kept my teeth white and also it was pleasant in tasting. I am not sure why I changed to another brand, but my teeth were no longer sensative like they used to be, maybe it was just a time I needed to use this product for. I can only say that if my teeth started being sensative again then i would go back to this brand. I say that as this brand is one that i trust to do what it is meant to do and past experience show me that it does.
Great for sensative teeth and it does work.

sarahjo

sarahjo

Good

Sensodyne toothpaste is a regular on our shopping list. My husband has sensitive teeth and swears by it. I didn't believe that it would make such a difference until I was experiencing some pain myself and started to use sensodyne. It really did help. Within a couple of days eating cold and hot foods were no longer causing pain around my teeth. Since then, I have had two different dentists recommend this brand of toothpaste as being the best on the market to help with tooth sensitivity. The only thing that bothers me is that it does cost a lot more than regular toothpaste but is well worth the investment if you have problem teeth.
Great for sensitive teeth
More expensive

shellfreak

shellfreak

Good

This is a good toothpaste to use if you suffer from sensitive teeth as it is specifically for that purpose and definitely feels better than using some of the more everyday toothpaste varieties. You will pay more for this toothpaste but I think that it is worth it in the long run as it will help with any sensitivity.
This is a great product to use when you have sensitive teeth as it feels nice when you have used it, compared wiht normal toothpastes.
More expensive than other toothpaste varieties that you can buy at the supermarket but it is a good brand and works well.

triciamonaro

triciamonaroQueensland, 4605

Good

I used this toothpaste for a short while after I had had some dental work done and was experiencing some pain. I did find this helped to ease the pain and when used after eating also helped with the pain. I myself did not particularly like the taste, but then not everyone has the same tastes so you may find it fine. I would recommend this to anyone who is experiencing minor sensitivity.
This toothpaste for sensitive teeth does help to ease mild tooth sensitivity and or minor pain.
As with all 'sensitive' toothpastes it is expensive compared to ordinary toothpastes.

missj88

missj88perth

OK

great product for sensitive teeth but the flavour isnt quite minty fresh as other brands in whitening toothpaste, makes my mouth dry. also the paste itself feels grainy.at over $8 a tube it is really quite expensive. i reccomend this paste for sensitive teeth but they need to improve the flavour and texture and of course the price!
does ease sensitive teeth.
i get the gentle whitening one but after using it for over a year it doesnt seem to lighten my teeth at all. really quite alot more expensive than other brands. would like it to be more minty

fleursspesh

fleursspesh

Good

I started using this a while back when I started getting toothache. It certainly seems to reduce the pain factor. The taste is pleasant enough. The big pain is in the price, one of the most expensive on the market though I guess in the end you can't put a price on pain! In my case, the pain was my warning to head to the dentist and I had to get a tooth removed. So make sure before you use this you get your dentist to check the pain isn't trying to tell you something!
Seems to ease the pain of sensitive teeth
A lot more expensive than your average toothpaste

lingaz

lingazPerth, WA

jandowd

jandowdqld, 4160

OK

would not recommend this product as i found it not to be any different to using every day toothpaste. I found the price out of normal people reach especially when I didn't get the results it claimed
I like that its for sensative teeth and thought that i would give it go as my gums tend to bleed a lot
I found that it really did not do too much for me. I found the cost of it was very high compared to most toothpastes which made it a luxury item instead of necessity item which is the reason most people would buy it for their sensative teeth and gums.

sweetgirlSydney Surrounds, NSW

I have to use this because when I stop my teeth get sensitive so I know it works! I love that Sensodyne has included new varieties in this range, including the Gentle Whitening one (which is the one I use) because I like to also have white teeth as well as deal with my sensitivity in one go. Though the price is more expensive than normal toothpastes, it is worth it because it works to stop my sensitivity.
This toothpaste comes in a good range of varieties to choose from (i.e. whitening, fresh, original etc) and REALLY WORKS for me!
I don't really like the price as it is more expensive than normal toothpastes (about twice as much!)

Zig11

Disagree the new stuff does not work...period!

Hutcher

Hutcher

Good

This works so much better than other formulas for sensitive teeth - don't even bother trying the others, just go straight for the Sensodyne. You don't have to compromise a fresh feeling mouth for sensitive tooth treatment. It's the original and the best, in my opinion.
Magic in a tube! When I developed sensitivity after tooth whitening this stuff was magic. Not only does it leave your mouth feeling fantastic it also really helps with dulling the horrible feeling of sensitive teeth.
Anti-sensitising effect seemed to wear off after awhile, so I don't use it all the time - might just be my teeth though?

tzelyn

tzelyn

I was using Colgate toothpaste before. I recently developed a tooth ache on the lower back teeth section of my mouth. Sensodyne toothpaste was recommended to me and since I started using it, the pain has gradually decreased and now it is no longer painful.
It is very gentle on my teeth and it has done wonders in improving my toothache.
There is nothing to dislike. Although the taste of the toothpaste can be a bit bland.

Prettypearls