Sensodyne 24/7 Protection Range

Sensodyne 24/7 Protection Range

1.0

• Sensitivity Improvement Yes · No (26)
  • Whitening Improvement Yes (0) · No (26)
  • Taste
Swimmer

SwimmerHunter Region, NSW

Fix The Cap!

Apart from the negative reviews on the pros and cons....the cap on the tube does NOT seal.

Do not use this product to travel etc...you will end up with toothpaste from A to breakfast.

Purchased in September 2020.

Palette still sore 3 weeks after ceasing use

I have chronic acid reflux so bought this to protect my teeth from the corrosive effects of pepsin. Within a week of using this product I developed ulcers on top and bottom lips, and my soft palette behind my top front teeth got sore, almost like I'd burned my mouth.

Now, three weeks on, I still get intermittent pain on my soft palette.

As others have said, I have an acidic taste in my mouth - however this is likely due mostly to the reflux.

Purchased in August 2020 for $1.00.

Nic Coad

Nic Coad

No issues until I tried Sensodyne rapid!!

Yes, I have the burning tongue and throat just feels odd and tingly. Started on sensodyne rapid relief a few weeks ago. This is the worst stuff. Only stopped yesterday after seeing this post!!!

Purchased in August 2020 at Drugssquare Speciality Pharmacy for $12.00.

Find out how Sensodyne 24/7 Protection Range compares to other Toothpastes

Swollen gums and existing sores painful and slow to heal

Tried the Sensodyne Repair and Protect. Got swollen gums and my existing painful sores painful and slow to heal. So suspect is due to the new toothpaste. Has switched back to my familiar Sensodyne Fresh Mint which has been good for me.

Purchased in August 2020.

First timer

First timerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Beware of sensodyne

I purchased sensodyne extra fresh complete care after using the more basic varieties for years with excellent results.
I wish I had read these reviews earlier as it has taken me several months, dental visits and blood tests to realise the toothpaste is the cause of my issues.
I have experienced an extremely dry mouth which I have never had ever. The tip of my tongue and in front of my lower teeth even had a numb weird feeling. My gums then became sensitive and tender on brushing. Sensodyne needs to be accountable for these products, I have lost all trust in this brand.

Purchased in May 2020 for $11.00.

Laura

LauraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Beware burnt tongue feeling!

Purchased in July 2020 at Coles for $11.00.

Change for the worse

I had been using Sensodyne forever. I usually buy Extra Whitening but my store was out so I bought Whitening Repair and Protect. I first noticed the texture was totally different, more liquidy. Immediately upon starting to brush, my teeth hurt incredibly and not just in the usual trouble spots. I have noticed that my teeth sensitivity has dramatically increased since I started using this new tube. I am discontinuing use and looking for a new toothpaste brand that helps with sensitivity. By the way, I loved the old product. I am so disappointed.

Purchased in February 2020 for $5.99.

Sam

SamSouth East Queensland, QLD

BEWARE!!!

I purchased the new Sensodyne Dual action specifically for my husband as he has Gingivitis and thought I would use it myself. Both my husband and I have ended up with very red, sore and inflamed gums. I also ended up with mouth ulcers. We have stopped using this product and are hesitant in using any Sensodyne products again.

Purchased in June 2020 at Coles.

Regretit

RegretitSydney Surrounds, NSW

Buyer Beware!

Purchased in May 2020 at Woolworths for $11.00.

Find out how Sensodyne 24/7 Protection Range compares to other Toothpastes

Sensodyne repair and protect gums

I used sensodyne repair and protect and I experienced swollen gums and all had mouth ulcers,so I said let me research to make sure, there is so many issues with this toothpaste why is it still on the selves, they need to test and see what is causing these issues

Purchased in May 2020 for $50.00.

Lisa T.

Lisa T.Sydney, NSW

Horrible! Mouth ulcers and sores!!

Purchased in January 2020.

Whitening ImprovementNo

Burning gums and lips with disgusting taste

Side effects of burning gums and lips and tastes disgusting - after 4 days I switched back to the other Sensodyne toothpaste - this one is in the bin will NOT be buying again!!

Purchased in May 2020 at Woolworths for $11.00.

Whitening ImprovementNo

Terrible toothpaste. Burning mouth with ulcers and swollen lips

Yes, as stated above burning sensation, mouth ulcers and cracked swollen lips. Have always used sensodyne in the past but giving up on it. Why change a product that for years has done what it says,

Purchased in February 2020.

Whitening ImprovementNo

Severe reaction to this product

After using this product ,I got sores on the lining of my mouth & under my tongue. Before I realised what was causing this , I went to the doctor as the reaction I had was so severe. I was put on steroids by my doctor but to no avail. I was really despairing until I finally connected the problem I was having to this toothpaste after a few terrible weeks. My lips were swollen and cracked. I got a burning sensation on the inside of my mouth and corners of my mouth were cracked. Never again for this product.

Purchased in December 2019.

Harry Wood

Harry WoodSouth East Queensland, QLD

Unreal this product is still for sale

Like others on here I developed sore gums, mouth and white stinging tongue.Tried anti biotics and then the Doctor gave me Steroids.Nothing worked.The only thing I could think off that after 10 years I had changed to Sensodyne.Saw the reviews on here and stopped using Sensodyne immediately.Started improving straight away and now after 7 days returned to normal.How is this product still for sale?

Purchased in February 2020 at Coles for $6.00.

Horrible experience!

I purchased Sensodyne Rapid Relief and used it 3 days. My tongue is white, I have sores in my mouth and everything I try to eat burns my mouth. O and I have no taste at all. Can't say if it helps tooth sensitivity because I'm throwing it in the trash. Never again! Very bad experience.

Purchased in March 2020 at BI-LO for $6.99.

Whitening ImprovementNo

Sensodyne Build and Repair: HORRIBLE!!!

Horrible side Effects!!! Burning lips, roof of mouth, gums and tongue , metal tasting and sore teeth. I thought I had BMS because those are all the signs but then realized I had switched tooth paste. This caused major pain and discomfort and sleepless nights. I bought aloe juice to calm the pain down. Never use this product.

Purchased in February 2020 at Amazon for $3.25.

Dee

DeeRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Aching teeth

Side effects of Sensodyne are worse than what the toothpaste is designed to help - sensitivity. After 3 weeks of use, all of my teeth started to ache and I developed swollen glands. My face started to feel stiff and very painful to eat. I had to take painkillers and stopped using Sensodyne. Within 48 hours my teeth were back to normal, my glands had gone down, and my face is not stiff and achy. Never going to touch this toothpaste again.

Purchased in December 2019 at Coles for $11.00.

Whitening ImprovementNo

Gave me swollen lips and canker sores all around my inner lip

Definitely experienced severe side effects from using Sensodyne Sensitivity & Gum Whitening. My lips severely swollen and I now have canker sores throughout my upper inner lip. It has made it incredibly difficult to speak and difficult to eat.

My lips have also been extra dry. This toothpaste is supposed to protect, not make mouths feel like they're in pain.

Purchased in October 2019 for $9.02.

Whitening ImprovementNo

Caused sensitivity that wasn’t there before.

I don’t have sensitive teeth. Have only experienced a sensitive twinge once or twice in my life. Tried travel version of sensodyne protect and repair, as was travelling and it was available. Threw it away after a few days because teeth felt sensitive after using. Made no sense to me, only that normal tooth paste causes no negative effects at all, and yet this particular sensitive toothpaste gave me the symptom that it was meant to be protecting against. Have happily avoided it since.

Purchased in November 2019 for $8.00.

See all Sensodyne 24/7 Protection Range reviews