Sentinel Spectrum

• Side Effects None (4) · Short-term illness (2)

DofQ

DofQQueanbeyan

It works - I just wish it covered ticks as well

It is a great product. I have been using this product on several dogs since 1999. I have found it effective in preventing fleas and the worms it claims to control. A couple of my dogs have disliked the taste of the chews, but I find that cutting the tablet up and coating it in something the dog likes, such as vegemite makes the chews more palatable for the dog.

My Poodle hates this stuff

We can't persuade our dog to take this med, even when coated in peanut butter, pill pockets or cheese. She eats the good stuff and leaves the med. If we chop it up and mix it with anything else she won't eat it. It's a monthly trial and we need a better product.

I, too, liked Revolution, but vets don't carry it around here.

I have used Sentinel Spectrum and it doesn't prevent fleas. My vet added Bravecto (every three months) in addition to kill adult fleas and it doesn't do that job either. One of my Dachshunds is allergic to fleas, so having been prescribed two flea prevention medicines that supposedly work by the flea first biting the animal seems ludicrous to me. I am done paying exorbitant amounts for flea protection that doesn't work. I am going to use products over the counter that repel. I am also sick of paying pest control to kill the fleas in our condo. Our two Dachshunds are house dogs and only go in our bricked in courtyard or on walks with me. There is no reason for this. Pulling my hair out in Toledo, Ohio.

Very expensive

Not worth the price if you cannot receive a rebate. Paid over $100 for 12 months and was denied rebate because purchased at a warehouse.

Not worth it

After giving this product to my mini doxi for 3 years something has changed. She never had a
Problem til now. Severe hives, depression and some diarrhea. Three days later she is still depressed. This drug is not worth the anxiety for me or for my baby. She will have natural things from now on. Remember this is a DRUG from DRUG companies. And in addition after years on this product such as any drug what does this do to their kidney's and other organs.

This KILLED my dog 3 years ago! I have always used heart guard and never had a problem. This was a n

This killed my dog! Stay away from it. She was only 4 years old. My heart is still broken. This was the first time I used it. Stay away from this killer medication.

dog has sores since taking this

I have a aussie, and just tried sentinel for heart worms and fleas, he now has sores and is constantly scratching, I have always kept him clean and groomed, I will never buy this product again and I would like my refund for the years supply I purchased. My dog is miserable and I am a mad woman. this dog has never had any sores on his body in his six years, I need a response from your company ASAP

My puppy is having a reaction

I haven't noticed any difference in fleas, although he didn't have many in the first place, only got this product to prevent them as we live in a wooded area but i have noticed that my 3 month old Great Pyrenees/Catahoula mix puppy has been itching and now has some patches coming up that look like burns. It was his second vet visit and i received one monthly tablet to try for free, i wish i had read reviews beforehand. Any advice on what to do? I've never had a puppy have adverse effects from medicine.

cindy

cindywyoming

dangerous

my collie was extremely lethargic, wouldn't eat and only got up to vomit for days after eating this chew. Never again and probably should be labeled not to give to collies!

Kim

KimTorquay

Never again

After swapping to this treatment my dog suffered terribly, it did not prevent fleas at all. My dog did NOT have fleas, the treatment i was using work magnificently, however i purchased sentinal as it was a bit cheaper, a week after first chew i noticed her scratching, by week three she has bad flea allergy sores all over her, she has hair missing off her tail, she is super sensitive to fleas, has cost me twice as much buying creams and a cone. Will never again use this product and would warn others about the experience I've had. Back to my regular more expensive brand...revolution.

My dog hates it, and also got fleas!!!

I so regret buying this and switching from Revolution. My dog hates the so called "treat" and every month I have to think of ways of getting him to eat the darn Thing. What's worse is that my dog also got fleas. This expensive thing does not work. Switching back to Revolution now.

Highly Recommended!

My retired Greyhound has been using this every month for 6 years. She eats it as a treat and really seems to enjoy it! So easy and convenient. No fleas or worms or any other issues or side effects to report so it must be doing its job...

The only downside is the high cost but we always buy on special so it works out well. We have just adopted another retired Greyhound who loves these new 'treats' too! We will ALWAYS use this fantastic product and would also highly recommend to other dog lovers!

Marketing scam, and they admit it!

The product claims to protect against hookworm, roundworm, and whipworm. But it doesn't. My dog has been taking for 2 years and just had a positive fecal test. I called Verbac and they said it doesn't protect against infection, but it kills worms after the fact, but only for about a day then it's out of their system. When pressed she said it's not 100% and they could need other treatment, but it is enough to market it as a preventative. Unbelievable! I told her I would find something that actually worked and all the woman said was "okay, have a nice day!" The company doesn't back the product, or care about customers. Overall a waste of money.

bretann

bretannMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

My Labrador hates them!

I'm nearing the end of my patience trying to get my dog to consume this very expensive medication.
I've tried hiding them cut up fine among her food, but as soon as she smells it she walks away from her food no matter how hungry she is.
How can this company claim a dog will readily accept them whole and chew them up
She won't accept Canex either (same method) which apparently does all worms except heartworm
Is there a better alternative my dog will actually accept?

Doesn't even work!!!!

This doesn't even work on my puppy! Glad I know before I start buying this. I had one free tablet for the puppy.

Never seen a flea!

Have been using this for my two lagottos for nearly six years. One was rather wormy when we first got her but both have had no sign of pests since then .One was a bit loose in the bowels after dosing but I then realised that I should give it after her main meal not before, or with, and she is now fine.This same dog loves to eat them but the other dog must be enticed to eat the chew by putting it in a butter ball.

Ashton K

Ashton KMelbourne

Would not use anything else.

I have used this on my pug since he was born. He has no issued with the chew, eats it like it's a treat and has no issues. Has never had any fleas, worms or anything. Will be sticking with this one for life.

.A tasteless product in all aspects

A chewable product that dogs can't stand how stupid is this company, follow up withsome basic research you can clearly see how toxic this product is..An absolute unacceptable extremly over priced product.

T137652  Deb

T137652 DebPerth Western Australia

Not a nice product

After having given a chew to our dog about 14hrs later found my beautiful fur baby on the kitchen floor having a grand mal seziure it was so scary when she came to took her to the vet bloods done etc and release with meds to help her she has the same routine every day and this day the only thing different was we put her on sentinel as my daughter had got the wrong brand we didnt think it would harm as the other product had not the vet said she could not rule out that my fur baby has a a reaction to the product then after reading other reviews Im shocked as they say dogs are vomiting and other symptoms will not be giving this to my dog any more
steer clear of this brand

GregSunshine Coast