Service Today Questions & Answers

Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, etc...
Listing monitored by Service Today

10 questions from our users

F. Hua
F. Huaasked
Service Today Melbourne

If I become a member of Servicetoday, do I get the discounted fees for all the 5 properties I own ?

Good Morning,
As a member of service today, it is transferrable between addresses you own whether that be due to movement or properties you own and tenant. That does mean that all the properties you own will receive membership discounting on work, free yearly inspections and call outs.
If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me again.

Lena
Lenaasked
Melbourne Heating & Cooling

Two young men who installed the cooling system in my bedroom were very friendly and efficient and did a very good job. BUT they damaged venetian blind on the bedroom window. Would you please reimburse the cost of a new one. Thank you. Elena Gvirtsman

Good Afternoon Elena,
I am glad to hear that our HVAC installers did a great job for you!
Regarding the damages to your home, could you please send me an email with images of the damages to adriana.g@servicetoday.com.au and also reference the job number so that I can locate the job.
Hope to hear from you soon Elena.

Linaasked
Service Today Sydney

Will I get a response from service today?
I posted a review but can’t see it?
Lina wasson

Good Morning Lina,
Hope you're well. I am having difficulty locating a review from yourself.
If you have any queries please don't hesitate to give us a call or pass your feedback through to us on 1300 725 760.

Here is the review:
Service today.
A recent installation of a Rheem 250l Stellar stainless steel hot water system purchased on the 28th of October 2020. Invoice number 3697 35 Job number 40 1623
The outrageous cost of this system was $3,165 which included installation. Other charges such as a generic operational cost fee $734 and removal of the old hot water system of $189 .
I'm writing on behalf of my sister who has been severely ripped off.
We noticed that she paid this amount when we were in casual conversation about her recent purchase. We had recently purchased a larger new hot water Rheem Stellar 315 l stainless steel hot water system and had it installed and the old system removed for under $2,000.
With further research the system that my sister purchased was decidedly cheaper then the figures Service Today gave.
We questioned the company and asked for an itemised quote which my sister did not receive before the plumber did the job. On this quote were generic “operational costs” worth $734 and a tank removal cost for $189 .
My sister is time poor and looking after our 95year old mother in a home care palliative condition and all she wanted was a reputable business to put in a hot water system that would do the job. This is not permission to be ripped off and taken advantage of.
Service Today was quick to offer the return of the cost of tank removal with a settlement agreement signed by my sister for $189 with the condition that we would not write any bad reviews.
Without a doubt you have ripped off my sister and preyed on her good nature. You need to pay back these generic costs and tank removal in order to get a retraction of this review. I hope many people read this recount of the billing strategy of Service Today who take advantage of time poor people and who, sadly, have to put their trust in you.
You have lost another customer (based on other poor reviews). Sadly my sister has used you as a “go to” plumber but hopefully this won't happen again .

Olden
Oldenasked
Melbourne Electrician

Bathroom fan isn’t working. Request repair

Hi Olden,

Please call 1300 725 760 to make a booking for a service technician to come out and have a look at your bathroom fan.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Joanne

Rajan P.asked
Adelaide Electrician

We had bad experience with your service. So disappointed, your so called electrician left air condition main circuit board cable disconnected while investigation. As a result, Samsung air con. tech didn't attempt to fix the air con issue. Because of your electrician's negligence, we have to pay price for that.

I had good 45 minutes chat with your receptionist at Adelaide. I asked her to book an electrician to connect the cable at circuit board, which he had disconnected without any reason. He should be liable to fix the issue rather creating another issue on top. She kept on asking for call out fee of $49.00 even though that was not our fault. Its all your electrician's fault. Why should we be responsible for that. She also mentioned its in our terms and condition. You guys are worst ever i encounter of. i never ever recommend to other people.

Stunned Mullet.
Stunned Mullet.

Remember the Australian Consumer Law Guarantees: under s 54, all services must be provided with reasonable care and skill. The guarantees cannot be waived by their exemption clauses, even if you sign on the dotted line. So when they cite their 'terms and conditions' just ignore it as in most cases you get way more protection under statute law ie the Australian Consumer Law.

Hi Stunned,

So, can authority ask the provider to hook up disconnected wire in Switch Box asap. Until now we don't have air conditioner working / air conditioning specialist could not fix the issue without power to the circuit.

Rajan

Sam
Sam

Happened to me also today - rip-off artists - All beware - they must be getting their acquaintances to put in positive reviews to con genuine gullible Customers. No moral compass!!! All Beware

Pommie
Pommieasked
Service Today

As well as gutter cleaning, is there anyone to do small roof repairs - such as pointing work to ridges?

Don
Don

Yes, in Sydney try Matt Garratt at Roofs Above and Beyond 0416 041 678. Don't bother with Action Roofing.

Stacie K
Stacie Kasked

Hi there,

Are you able to give a quote on how much it will cost to replace taps in two showers, two basins and a bath? (We Already have the taps to install)

Julie
Julieasked
Service Today

Hello, I have 3 appliances that have decided not to pay nice! My dishwasher doesn't want to go through all cycles staying on dry and not finishing. My washing machine has a belt that is slipping in rinse cycles and like to make a scream sound and my hot water service when you are in the shower the water goes from hot to warm. can you please advise any recommendations. Appreciate your help. Julie

Good Afternoon Julie,

Unfortunately we do not work on appliances, so we cannot help you with the dishwasher and washing machine. However, Service Today can assist you with your hot water service. If you would like to organise for a technician to attend, please do not hesitate to contact the office on 1300 725 760.

Al!
Al!asked
Service Today

I was very satisfied with your service but your advertised Senior/Pensioner Discount is only 5% which is almost insignificant. Almost $200 for a new light switch is too much. Question: Why so expensive?
The electrician did a good job, was a lovely bloke. Full marks to him. #270873

mars bar
mars barasked
Service Today

I got a call today to advise that the heater brand was changed from Braemer to Brivis. I require an updated invoice to say that you have installed Brivis on the invoice. Also noticed that the booklet that came with the manual is showing a totally different control panel - please send me the Brivis booklet that matches the control panel the boys can tell you what they installed?

kind regards
mariella

Service TodayService Today

I can help you with this, can I get a job number from you?

Get an answer from our members and Service Today representatives