Shannons Car Insurance

How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

If you're a regular driver, a good car insurance policy can grant you peace of mind. With so many providers and policies on the market, dipping into the policy pool can be confusing. Use this guide for tips on how to find the best, cheapest car insurance for you, whether comprehensive or third party.

Read now

2.2

Kay Fenyk

Kay FenykCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Shannon’s Car Insurance.

Recently we decided to change our car insurance policies. After hearing great reports about Shannon’s, I called them. The young gentleman was so very helpful, and after answering all of his questions, he provided me with some quotes. This young man was very pleasant, and at the completion of the call, e-mailed the quotes to me. I was very pleased with this service and we have since gone ahead with these quotes.

Davidf57

Davidf57Sydney, NSW

Never used them for a few reasons.

When I called them to get a quote for a collectible Ducati bevel drive ( I called them over a few years to give them the benefit of the doubt), I was asked if it was garaged under lock and key. It is a locked community garage I said, the bike has lived there for 16 years at the time, with no problems. I ride it very little, about 500km a year, so little risk I would have thought. On all four occasions they refused to insure it for the reason of the community garage in a block of units. It has never been insured since that time. No claim, no money paid out. So I'm ahead for sure, thanks Shannons, you did me a favour by refusing to insure the bike!

Bal DSydney, NSW

If I had the choice, I'd rather die. Car Enthusiast Nightmare

Chloebradleycooper

ChloebradleycooperMoruya

Exceptional! I would not insure with anyone else! Shannons is the BEST!

We have had nothing but the best customer service from Shannons! Starting with their quoting, the staff are very helpful and friendly. I believe they’re looking to insure car enthusiasts, which we are. In the fourteen years of cover we have made several claims and one write off! They have always been fantastic to deal with!
Our two sons are also insured by Shannons, my husband was back-ended on Thursday in my sons car and they have already booked his car in for repair on Monday.... Brilliant! Thanks Shannons

HG

HGSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not All Bad

Matt

Matt

Protection for my pride and joy pffff more like protecting your money and refusing to pay

Flew back to Australia from holiday, airline lost my bags and smashed my camera equipment. Shannon’s said they will cover but a month later I’m under financial investigation and demanded to show 3 years of tax returns and bank statements. For what, my bags being destroyed by someone else. What a joke.

kieranrdblack

kieranrdblackAU

As dodgey as they come.

Took months for them to process my claim, then they notified me they lost my information due to a system change. Made me wait online for an hour to talk to someone about it.

Steve

SteveGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

You do not get choice of repairer

Ric

RicSydney, NSW

phone to get a quote

really arrogant customer service, the guy said "No NO NO if you are not a car enthusiast forget it" before i said I wanna insure a Ferrari for my mum, too bad i go somewhere else.

tara

taraNorth Queensland, QLD

predetermined decision to write off my car without assessing

Rita

RitaSydney, NSW

Worst Customer Service Ever

My 86 year old father has been with Shannons for over 25 years, he made his first claim 2 weeks ago, the customer services is appalling, I had to constantly call them to get an assessor out to look at the damage he told us he would be out between 12 and 2pm well at 4.45pm he turned up gave us his brochure and told us someone will be out to fix the damage, its been over a week and no one has made contact let alone come out to fix the damage. Every time I call I get transferred to a different department waiting for up to 20min on the phone. I would never recommend this company.

Only for SPECIAL people!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From the tone of the first words that came from the telephone salespersons mouth I knew I was in for a treat!! He asked me all about my car interests and how many other cars I own, how many car clubs I belong to, how many times I frequent car events etc etc etc Then asked why i had bought the car I had and not a Australian one, I felt like I was being interviewed for a job rather than being a potential customer for car insurance. Put the phone down from Shannons and called another company and had my insurance sorted within 10 mins no dramas. Thanks for wasting my time Shannons i now have my car insured with one of your competitors.

Daryl

DarylSouth East Queensland, QLD

Read the fine print on agreed value

HI
Got my renewal for my harley and my car both insured with agreed value to which i pay extra on my policy, anyway my agreed value has dropped $800.00 for my bike and car by $452.00 so that a loss of value of $1282.00 including my renewal which went up by $30.00 oh and no claims during this period.

Look at the fine print i was told they have the right to change prices according to market value, so why did i pay extra for agreed value, its all crap they are no better that all the rest,

Will be looking around for someone who doesn't lie, so over this company

Romeo

RomeoSydney, NSW

this insurance company is one of the worst, I've ever seen, put claim on January 2019 taking 1 month to process claim

1 price was good
2 easy setup
3 they take about 1 month for them to process my claim, still on this day there's no conclusion.
4 1 year now
5 none

TWISTY

TWISTYSouth East Queensland, QLD

SHAME SHANNONS SHAME.... UNHELPFUL, ARROGANT, PATHETIC, UNPROFESSIONAL,INCOMPETENT

Heera Singh Guraya

Heera Singh GurayaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible experience. Never recommend Shannons

Sam

SamCentral, SA

Worst experience of my life

Chrissy

ChrissyCastlemaine

Shannons had great customer service

When I had to make a small claim last year I found Shannons to be very helpful and pleasant over the phone. I was able to choose who fixed up my car with no fuss.

Thank-you Shannons

I recently made a claim through Shannons and found them more than helpful. My Car was accessed and repairs started within a week with the repairer of my choice. I am very happy with all aspects from the start of the claim until the finish.

Insurance claim madeYes

Manners are part of good business

I have been a full vehicle insurance member for around 4 years. This year I made my first claim. Someone (Unknown) backed into my vehicle while I was shopping. So I had to pay the first $600 excess..My issue here is not the cost of the claim, but the sarcastic response from the underwriter when I canceled my policy because they increased my policy payments because of an incident that now destroyed my no claim bonus. Shannons need to re train their staff on dealing with clients who are their breadwinners at the end of the day. Im happy to put up the email I received from this ........ Lets give him a Nick name

See all Shannons Car Insurance reviews

Josh S.

Josh S.asked

Car Insurance

Hey if somebody hit my back chrome bumper of my Holden HD with there tow ball causing a small dent would the bumper be repaired and re chromed or replaced with a new bumper ? Thankyou

Bal D

Haha, now that's funny. No sir. They could care less about 'motoring enthusiasts'. It will be bodgied up where possible. Repairers are getting to the point of refusing to work with Shannons / Suncorp because of their bodgy repair policies with cheap parts and labour. Read the fine print about choice of repairer etc. They'd sooner put a plastic bumper on and spray it with chrome paint.

Shaz

Shazasked

Car Insurance

Has anyone else had any trouble with Insure my ride changing to Shannon’s and not receiving any insurance renewals, reminders etc and then finding your not insured until you need it.
Very disappointed.

Bal D

Yes. I tried to claim on my Shannons Insurance and was told they couldn't even find my policy. Pathetic.

Hennie

Hennieasked

Car Insurance

If I let someone else drive my car and have comprehensive, would they be covered under my insurance or not?

Josie
Josie

It depends on the insurer and the age of the other driver.

Akan
Akan

i think they have to be listed

Get an answer from our members and Shannons representatives