Shannons Car Insurance

How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

If you're a regular driver, a good car insurance policy can grant you peace of mind. With so many providers and policies on the market, dipping into the policy pool can be confusing. Use this guide for tips on how to find the best, cheapest car insurance for you, whether comprehensive or third party.

Read now

2.2

Classic car insurance is way over priced..don't bother

I been with Shannons for years.. while I was talking to a friend about insurance premiums I quickly realised that I was paying more than double compared to the nearest competitor who also included more, such as roadside assist..so I decided to go with the other company. This year I decided to give Shannons another chance for an opportunity to insurer my car..once again the premium was close to double with no roadside assist ..

I will not give Shannons an opportunity to insure my car next year.

PryxNasc

PryxNascSydney, NSW

Motorcycle

I found the customer service really good as I haven't had to hang on on the phone for long periods for quick updates and even canceling!

Price was good for my motorcycle. But one day I ran out the battery and I needed some sort of help and there was no number whatsoever on the website, neither in my account info, neither the customer service number was operating. So it was a kind of an issue as I couldn't rely on the company to even check what could be my options.

tried to give me an unroadworthy car and 3 months and still chasing paper work

Outraged

10 years with the company, wasn't reviewing my renewals as they where paid by a Secretary. Started with an agreed value which over the 10 year period declined to 50% of original whilst my premiums continued to rise. One would think there would be a close correlation between agreed value and the premium not the inverse. Questioned why, no straight answer, only how can we reduce in the future. Cancelled immediately after quote from competitor covering over twice the agreed value, no limits on driving and same premium. To be short I was outraged

Hopeless

After being insured with them for 6 years they refuse to insure me anymore as I've made 3 claims in 3 years (2 of which I don't agree were my fault). I'm removing my wife's car from their books immediately. Don't bother! They overcharge anyway. Worthless!

Clinton

ClintonMarlo

Would not offer policy because I didn't attend car shows!

Insurance claim madeNo

Shannons have no passion to repair your car

To all car lovers out there if you are insured by this company under the umbrella Suncorp leave as soon as you can
I have been insured for many years unfortunately a had to make a claim to repair my car it took 21 days to assess my car my panel beater calling them every day. If you love your car and you are fortunate to have your preferred panel shop don't insure with this company. I will be contacting every car club in Australia this is Suncorp at there best, No Passion and Suncorp repairers can only repair your car at a cost what is determined by Suncorp therefore your car is not repaired but glued together.

Sarzi

SarziPerth

DO NOT CONSIDER SHANNONS CAR INSURANCE

Mark

Mark

Re fixed insurance work

Had car hit by a roo the first repairer did a shocking job showed assor as Shannon’s did not hesitate and repaired it asap car as good as gold know

Awful!!!

Yurt

Yurt

very good insurance company

Friendly staff. Had good knowledge on my car and they were the only insurance to insure my vehicle as it was an import. Unfortunately I had an accident and it was unrepairble. They paid me the agreed value. I will use them again.

Still Waiting

Called Shannons with an account inquiry was confronted by [name removed] who was rude and aggressive in tone still waiting to hear back from supervisor screw you [name removed] and screw you Shannons.

Broken hearted

Broken heartedPerth

Waiting Months to be paid out as ince my car was stolen!

Troy

TroySutton Forest

My background rules me out

I was advised to call Shannons by another insurer as i want to insure an F-150 ute and they know they had done it for another client.
When i called up Shannons i was told cause i didn't attend car shows, didn't ride a motorbike, didn't have a modified car and didn't intend to modify this car that they wouldn't insure me.
Very unusual business model to turn away potential clients and as i told them how could i recommend them after my experience? I will make sure i tell my "car enthusiast" friends not to insure with Shannons.

What a con.

Shame on you Shannon's! Just because someone is only 27 does not mean that they must have torched their car. Why the hell would you buy a $40,000 show vehicle and torch it, in the middle of the day and then only claim $15,000 for the damage. Disgraceful treatment of your customers. We certainly won't be insuring our bikes with you.

Not happy

They were good with rental car but we were told that we would get the agreed value, except the money from the wreck, I have never heard of that as you guys sell the wreck and get more then your money back, the agreed value is the agreed value

Insurance claim madeYes

Kind and easy to deal with.

After crashing my pride and joy I was in shock and worried about what would happen but after my initial phone call to Shannons to make the claim and talking to the lovely lady on the other end my nerves had eased. It was an easy and seamless process. I chose my own repairer and everything. I rang them a few times throughout the process to check the status of my claim and everyone I spoke to was very friendly and understanding.
All in all I was very pleased with the service and I will be insuring all my future cars with Shannons.

Cold

ColdKempsey

Joke

Tried their contact page several times double checking everything (thought I must have been doing something wrong) it wouldn’t work.
Rang them, got the old experiencing high demand thing and told it’s a 40 minute wait. Well still waiting, may as well just send a pine box lol.

Todd

ToddWestern District, VIC

Beat my previous insurer by $40 a month and offered better coverage!

Previous insurer made you pay much higher premiums if you wanted things such as window repairs without excess and simply choice of repairer.

Shannons offered me much more coverage (no excess on window once a year AND CHOICE OF INSURER INCLUDED) for $40 cheaper per month!

Highly recommend getting a quote from Shannons as they're awesome to deal with and offer great insurance policies!

Nathan

Nathanmelbourne

10 days before they take their collective hands of their doodles

After paying $1050 in excess and 10 days with multiple promised call backs that were never delivered. Shannons are still yet to even assess my car. It went begrudgingly to their preferred repair shop Crapital SMUG on newlands rd in Coburg only for them to scream TOO HARD and send it off to some place in Laverton. Ill be moving my car and my family with all 14 vehicles will also be looking elsewhere.

See all Shannons Car Insurance reviews

Josh S.

Josh S.asked

Car Insurance

Hey if somebody hit my back chrome bumper of my Holden HD with there tow ball causing a small dent would the bumper be repaired and re chromed or replaced with a new bumper ? Thankyou

Bal D

Haha, now that's funny. No sir. They could care less about 'motoring enthusiasts'. It will be bodgied up where possible. Repairers are getting to the point of refusing to work with Shannons / Suncorp because of their bodgy repair policies with cheap parts and labour. Read the fine print about choice of repairer etc. They'd sooner put a plastic bumper on and spray it with chrome paint.

Shaz

Shazasked

Car Insurance

Has anyone else had any trouble with Insure my ride changing to Shannon’s and not receiving any insurance renewals, reminders etc and then finding your not insured until you need it.
Very disappointed.

Bal D

Yes. I tried to claim on my Shannons Insurance and was told they couldn't even find my policy. Pathetic.

Hennie

Hennieasked

Car Insurance

If I let someone else drive my car and have comprehensive, would they be covered under my insurance or not?

Josie
Josie

It depends on the insurer and the age of the other driver.

Akan
Akan

i think they have to be listed

Get an answer from our members and Shannons representatives