Sharesight (page 2 of 4)

Duane

DuaneSydney, NSW

Everything I Need, Plus Some

I highly value what and how Sharesight works and provides me great overall visibility of my portfolio and related communications. I've tried other products, but Sharesight is great and gives me everything I need. !

Stephen B

Stephen BSydney, NSW

As Good As It Gets

Sharesight has all the bases covered: ability to add holdings a variety of ways, dividends automatically reported, taxable income report (among many). And on top of that, their support is great. So glad I found it.

Sharyn S.

Sharyn S.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great functionality all round

Love the app and the website even more. So easy to use, on web you have extra ability to add notes re each holding and can adjust dividend info manually if you need to. Love love love - so much better than a spreadsheet!!

Sue M

Sue MSouth East Queensland, QLD

I love this!

Excellent product. Wish I knew about this ages ago. Simple, basic and interesting. My tax agent absolutely loved and raved about it. If your new to investing or just curious about it, check out Sharesight. Highly recommended.

Chambo55

Chambo55Sydney, NSW

Good portfolio tracker if you have nothing else

A good way of seeing all your share holdings in one place. The auto add feature is good in theory, but has a bug as I was only getting 50% of my COMMSEC trades being auto recorded, so still requires me to check each trade. The auto add dividends to holdings is a good feature.
I do wish I could see a consolidated view of my holdings, including the comment field. I did ask about having this feature added, but doesn't sound like it will happen any time soon.

Still looking for the perfect fit.

Makes Life so much easier

Wish I'd found this site years ago. Has made the tracking, analysis and tax reporting on portfolio exceedly easy and less costly. Support has been great and any issues I have had, like the new beta for Interactive brokers has been action promptly and efficiently. Would highly recommend

Tim

TimCanberra Central 2601, ACT

patience and thoroughness

Trity helped me resolve my complications I had with mergers and acquisitions. Great screen shots. She was very thorough and was able to walk me through the procedure. I appreciate it.

Jono

JonoSydney, NSW

Speedy resolution to feature issue

Good customer support to an unusual (but repeating) issue ... there was a user fix/work around.
Maybe Sharesight should try and have predicted this issue (pre IPO stock has "ZZ" suffix, so doesn't match with stock code when sold post IPO)... some more AI to predict common problems? But again, service was great.

Review collected in partnership with Sharesight

Only tool worth using for tracking portfolios

I track three different portfolios, covering US, Canadian, UK, Singapore and Hong Kong equities and ETFs. I don't even bother looking at the reports provided by my broker or financial advisor, as the data and analysis in Sharesight is so much better and designed to reveal not mask actual performance. This saves me hours of spreadsheeting, and now with the IB feed, is accurate and requires no reconciliation. I recommend this to anyone I talk to about investing and portfolio management.

Best Share tracking software

Best share tracking software i have ever used. its online so works whether you are PC or Mac, no trying to migrate a propriety format from one to the other.

Simple and clean user interface.
Interfaces with major brokers to automatically import of your buys and sells it can even send transactions to xero if you need.
Clear reports make tax time reporting relatively simple i real time saver.

Prashant M.Sharesight

Thank you, Mark. We really appreciate you taking the time to write such good words of encouragement for us.

Ticks all the boxes

So incredibly user -friendly. Also like that I can see portfolios that people have shared with me (we share advice). Also the reports for tax purposes are just what I need. I just put the numbers into the tax return. Saves a fortune in fees.

Pierreh

PierrehSouth-East, TAS

Good. A great help!

From the automatic incorporation of trades to the accuracy of dividend data, I find that Sharesight has become my goto when I have a query.
I'd like tro be allowed to store old data, maybe that'll come along in due course.

Kippax

KippaxCanberra 2600, ACT

Good value

I use Sharesight to assist me with three portfolios that I manage. I quite like it for its CGT calculations. The people behind it are helpful. It’s not so good for overseas shares mainly in relation to dividends as my exchange rates differ to theirs, but this is a relatively minor issue.

Prashant M.Sharesight

User friendly and useful product

The website provides user friendly and functional share portfolio tracking data. Great for capital gains taxes, dividends and tracking the cost basis of shares. I would highly recommend this product for anyone with a share portfolio that needs help completing tax returns or tracking total returns.

Prashant M.Sharesight

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement, Asw1.

Joco

JocoNortheast, VIC

Great website especially at tax time

I find this website very useful. In the past trying to gather all my tax information for my shares was a onerous task. Now with sharesight the information is clearly displayed on a report, all ready for my Accountant. I had a few teething problems trying to download my tax report but the staff are incredibly helpful and now I am a happy sharesight user.

Magnum

Magnum

Makes tax time easy and easy to use.

We have been using sharesight for many years and love it. Tax time is easy and saves costs as we have all reports needed to complete. Day to day use is accurate and easy too. We recommend to everyone

Christine

ChristineSydney, NSW

Very user friendly

Great website. Clear intuitive instructions on working with the site. Very helpful having all the share/portfolio details on one page and great to be able to have many portfolios on the one website.

Review collected in partnership with Sharesight

This is great and seems to cover my needs

When the tool I used 8 years ago became inadequate I relied on excel worksheets and felt bit overwhelmed tracking over 25 years records. That is when I came across Sharesight and started taking advantage of the 14 day free trial and felt this will do me fine. I must say I couldn't wait and became the full member within couple of days. Support that I have received is very good and taken care of very promptly. I have already started recommending the tool. Great work team.

Malcolm

MalcolmMurray Region, NSW

Record keeping complexity greatly simplified

I stumbled across Sharesight a couple of years ago. Wish I had found it much earlier as it has enormously simplified my record keeping. A very helpful section is Share Checker. I use this frequently when researching new stocks. It is a bit limited in the time periods eg. 2, 5, 10 years. Great customer service.

Very helpful tool

The site is easy to use and well featured. Despite the complexity it deals with, everything is accurate (almost). Email requests for help always receive a helpful reply.
Its way better than trying to use a spreadsheet. It makes end of financial year reporting of dividends and other tax requirements very easy.

Rob Brunasked

I think Sharesight is great but the one thing I find frustrating is that if you have more than 1 portfolio any new share transaction appears in your number 1 portfolio and not necessarily in the portfolio in which that share is located. You then have to go in and change it manually. Is there a way around this?

Hi Rob

This is a small setup issue. We can easily sort this out for you. Can you send an email to support@sharesight.com?

Sure. Thanks Prashant

Ngoc Vinh Nasked

Hi Sharesight customer service,
We had CMC account which are no longer used, because of sharesight account was set up from them, we can not cancel it because we are afraid of loosing data from sharesight, when opening new account from SelfWealth, we don't know what to do, always in sharesight there are trades were mixed between our joint account and our superannuation account, we have to manually delete superannuation trades in sharesight, but we can not do that from time to time , we know that always there are a solution, please help us how to manage our porfolio, leave our joint account in sharesight only without losing any previous data. Thanks
Ngoc Vinh Nguyen

Hi Ngoc Vinh

Can you please send an email to support@sharesight.com? We will be able to sort this out for you.

Hi Prashant,
Thank you for your reply, we have sent our request to sharesight and the matters are in hand with Ricky now, thanks.

Rob Lawasked

Can I get dividend information direct from the share registry?
Are dividends checked against bank account?
Will it automatically update CommSec buys and sells?
What is supplied in each version of the program?
Will it cope with company share offers?
Who can see the information I put in the program?
Can I feed existing information into the program using a CSV file?
Regards Rob

julianw
julianw

Most of those questions are yes, but you can do your own due diligence.
You're obviously smart enough to do that.
It works for me

Chris C.
Chris C.

Hi Rob,
Sharesight handles dividends, splits, bonus shares, takeovers brilliantly. It is all auto fill as long as you have the number of initially accurate. I check every dividend payt against Sharesight and its 100% accurate. My buys and sells via CommSec are updated by Sharesight. The admin work you need to do to professionally run a portfolio is pretty much handled automatically.
Regards
Chris C

Hi Chris and Julian
Thanks for the information. I will contact Sharesight direct and check it out.
Regards
Rob

Get an answer from our members and Sharesight representatives

CategoryOnline Forex / Share Trading Services