2Sharesight

81% · 11220 · 14%

Helen
HelenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great help

Sharesight was really quick to assist. They helped by merging a portfolio for us and emailed me back to let me know it was done. What could have taken me hours, took only a quick reach out via the help option and everything was done. Show reply
ads1212
ads1212Sydney, NSW35 posts

Poor communication and doesn’t integrate with my broker

I trade US with Stake. Sharesight has a poor workaround to import my portfolio. When I tried to ask them how to better the integration, they weren’t particularly helpful. In addition they insist on assuming a currency exchange has taken place in every trade when in fact I’m not converting AUD to USD on every trade. They need to allow for this and improve integration with Stake.
Sharesight
Sharesight   DM
Arnold H.
Arnold H.

Simply the best!

Their claim for their portfolio tracker is spot on. I was bereft when Google ceased to maintain their portfolio tracker but it forced me to search the market and I "discovered" ShareSight". Not only does the program give me far, far more than the Google product but their help is instantly and accurately provided - something very much appreciated when you are in your mid 80's. Great program! Show reply
Michael
Michael

Terry
Terry

A simple user friendly way to track my DIY portfolio

Over the years I have accumulated a small portfolio of shares and bonds as has an elderly relative. With sharesight I can separate the two portfolios and account for annual returns, sales and purchases.

The reports provide both excellent dividend, interest, tax, holding and performance information

The notifications are great as are the desktop graphics and summaries

The system is easy to reconcile with Link and Computer share reports

In all a very good service for a very reasonable fee and is continually being improved/upgraded

Terry Hughes CA Show reply

Martin
MartinSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Reporting and tax preparation functionality is brilliant

Trust and ETF income statements could seem almost impossible to allocate correctly for tax return preparation.
Except that now ShareSight has introduced the Annual Tax Statement component data entry it is quick and straightforward. For the first time I am confident in my end of year figures. Show reply
Sam M
Sam M

Great free product

I try to keep my investing simple and low stress and Sharesight's free offering fits my needs perfectly. I recommend it to anyone with a stock portfolio regardless of what brokerage they use as it gives a great overview of your money's progress and effortlessly combines all the dividend transactions into one simple report come tax time. Show reply
Herbert
Herbert

Fantastic Assistance and very Prompt attention

I am fairly new to Sharesight. I am an older guy and found it very difficult to get set up properly. I had two Portfolios and I continually made errors. I kept asking questions and found the help and the detailed guidance from Sharesight excellent. I suppose I submitted over thirty requests for help over a period. My issues were always resolved and very often the same day. I will happily continue to use Sharesight it's a very comprehensive service. I found Ricky particularily good. Herbert O'Shea (April 2019) Show reply
Lindy G.
Lindy G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts

Wow! Fabulous assistance when I needed it

My experience with Sharesight has been excellent.When I first asked for help with an issue I was helped but did not finish off (from my end). When a month or so later I sheepishly asked again, Sharesight could not have been more helpful. It was a long issue but they stuck with all my questions till I was completely satisfied. Wonderful service. Show reply
sydnat
sydnatSouth East Queensland, QLD14 posts
Andy
Andy

Review of Sharesight

I have been using Sharesight for 3 years and will never be going back to spreadsheets. It has hugely reduced stress at Australian tax time. My only gripe is that Sharesight have not passed on much new functionality in recent years.

Deb T
Deb Tbusselton2 posts

Excellent - so good my accountant is telling his clients to use it!

'Better than I expected' now this is high praise from our accountant who was staunchly against me trying Sharesight. Upgraded. First year just completed and found sharesight user friendly for a newby. SMSF and second portfolio easily managed. Reporting excellent. Cash recording/management feature worked well.

Peter
Peter

Sharesight innovates to cut through the tax time quagmire of ETFs

Terrific initiative from Sharesight to try and cut through the quagmire of information required for reporting ETF holdings at tax time. They now allow the dissection and, where required, adjustment (for example, to pro-rata changes over a prior year) of the various components of income associated with ETFs, with the usual intuitive transparency we have come to expect from Sharesight. This is a difficult and nuanced problem and Sharesight deserves credit for taking what (I think is) the industry lead here. ETF traded volumes are only going to grow more over time (they already now exceed LIC volumes in Australia) so this is a problem for which the demand for a solution was only going to increase. Well done.

Chris C
Chris C

Share sight Excellent

I have been an investor for many years, tried lots of sotfware for management of my porfolios. Sharesight is the best I have used. they way it auto populates dividends, purchases etc is fantastic. By using sharesight I have been able to

get a clearer understanding of my investments. Definitely recommend it to you

Paul Saussey
Paul Saussey

Ticks all the boxes I need

Sharesight puts all the information you need in one place. It’s easy to use and means checking or researching can be done super quick and without fuss. I also use the Sharesight viewer app on my iPhone to regularly for quick checks on my portfolio.

The 2 stand out features for me are:

1. Checking and managing foreign holdings and seeing the moments, earnings, gains and value back in my local currency.

2. Tax time - Sharesight saves me time and money with my accountant working out dividend earnings and capital gains every year.

For me either of these 2 features makes the subscription good value while on their its own.

I’ve recommended Sharesight to multiple friends and family.

Prash
PrashSydney

Great productivity tool - saves me time!

I have been a user of Sharesight for the last 3 years. The reports and visualisations help me manage my portfolio so effectively. Tax time is now a breeze with my accountant. Keep up the good work, guys!

Forex & Share Trading Platforms

Find out how Sharesight compares to other Forex & Share Trading Platforms

SG
SGGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC4 posts

Great, when it works (i.e., almost never)

Sharesight is a great product when it works, which is almost never! The problem is that if you have anything more than a modest number of trades, the software stalls repeatedly and the graphing function no longer works. And once those problems start, they only get worse and worse.

Sharesight is useless enough that we gave up on using CMC (whose reporting tools are done exclusively through Sharesight), and went back to ANZ where we were being charged over $4000 per annum is extra brokerage because the ANZ reporting tools actually work.

J Taylor
J TaylorSouth East Queensland, QLD11 posts

Share Portfolio Reporting Software

It imports share transactions from your broker account, automatically reporting dividends and related information. Note not all brokers are supported but you can add the transactions manually. It is easy to use does all this very well.

It reports on the investment return for the shares but not the whole portfolio because it can't handle cash at bank or interest, but it does have an interface to Xero if you take the most expensive option. Overall well design but has some big limitations.

I use UNIP for my SMSF which I find to be better because it includes cash and expenses.