Sharp R240YS

Buying Guide Banner

lj2279

lj2279Sydney, NSW

Rust inside the microwave

Purchased in June 2020 at The Good Guys for $119.00.

Only lasted a few days short of 12 months - very disappointing

I have used this microwave to cook my vegies predominantly so it's got regular use and it's been great. But tonight- 12 months to the day, I noticed the lights weren't working on the front :( Checked the power etc. Looking for the receipt but I know its 12 months because I found my bank record. Going back to the GoodGuys and hoping they have a copy. I used it last week and it was fine. Love the size but not sure I'd replace it with another one. My last Aldi one served me really well - for years!!!! Disappointed. Would have expected it would last longer than this.

Purchased in November 2018 at GoodGuys Nunawading for $89.00.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Alison, thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience your feedback has been logged. We encourage you to reach out to our Customer Care team at ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review for assistance.

Ken C

Ken CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cheap but short life!

We don't use microwave often (once or twice a week). It broke down in just 13 mths, right after the warranty period. The shell is still in great condition but it can't heat up anything anymore. Maybe it was designed not to last. Feel sorry for the landfills.

Purchased in August 2018 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics for $100.00.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Ken, we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We would encourage you to reach out to us at ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review to discuss this further with our Customer Care team.

Microwaves

Find out how Sharp R240YS compares to other Microwaves

Hoang T

Hoang TBrisbane

Value for money

I bought it at The Good Guys for a pretty cheap $119 compared to the other microwaves going for upwards of $200. It doesn't have many options however, I have not had a need for any but the ones provided. I have not had any problems with it so far in terms of performance.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Hoang, Thank you for your purchase and review of the product. Have a lovely day ahead.

PandAAdelaide

Exploding glass on the external side of door.

Date PurchasedDec 2014
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear Customer, we are sorry to hear that the resolution provided did not meet your expectations.We will pass your feedback on to our customer care team.

lawyerz

lawyerzMelbourne

Cheap & Works

Pretty happy with the purchase, only about $100. It is abit weak so you might need to cook a bit longer compared to higher wattage microwave. It doesnt have a button to open, instead you pull. It is fairly loud, and does not have too many settings. Basically it's a basic microwave and it's priced as such. No regrets.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
SkyeM

SkyeMDarling Downs, QLD

Lasted until the warranty ran out

I suppose you get what you pay for. Got it on sale at good guys. Lasted 14 months....2 months after the warranty ran out. It just stopped heating. It would turn on and do the usual but lost all heat. I tried to adjust the heat settings but still nothing. Not happy at all. Also, it wouldn't cook the whole packet of pop corn like the last one did. Put it in for abit extra time, still wouldn't pop it all and burn what was already popped. I wasn't happy from the start.

Date PurchasedSept 2016

Clock loses time!

the microwave clock constantly loses time! I have reset it a number of times and within a day it has lost time. Within a week it has lost 15 minutes.
Anything I can do to fix this? I only purchased this microwave about five months ago from good guys store

Date PurchasedMar 2017
ShockedCustomer

ShockedCustomerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Microwave on fire!

Hello. I had a simple, microwave safe bowl inside, and set it to 1 minute. It then burst into flames on the inside right after 10 seconds. I don't understand why. I look after it, clean it, and don't put anything heavy on top of it. It's less than a year old. Threw it out today. This microwave is very dangerous! Please review your machines.

Date PurchasedJune 2016
Microwaves

Find out how Sharp R240YS compares to other Microwaves

Rusting after 12 months

I also have experienced the problem of rusting on my Sharp R240YS. I am 2 weeks out of warranty and contacted customer care only to be given a huge spiel about the oven being an inverter and it takes less time to cook than conventional microwave ovens and that the build up of condensation causes the rusting due to moisture build up as I have cooked the item for too long. Looks like bad luck has got me as obviously it is my fault!!!! I have had numerous microwave ovens and have never experienced this before.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Love it

Seriously people if you want to be a chef buy a bigger more powerful microwave. Had this for a year and l bought it to heat food on the run. Takes a few seconds more than a1100w but certainly not double the time. Why would it? Fits corner wise in a small kitchen corner & there's nothing l don't like about it. Buying one for my pensioner mum.

Dee

DeeMelbourne, Victoria

You get what you pay for!

Unhappy with Sharp Microwave R-240Y

Don't like it for two reasons.
1.because I'm used to a 1000w machine and this 800w model seems slow by comparison.
2. The clock is faulty, it loses time. In two weeks since i've had it, it's lost 10 miniutes. This is the 2nd machine I've had as the first one was replaced under warrenty for the same problem, also the light bulb blew out too.

faulty clock

batchee

Mine does too, but there are plenty of clocks in a house

batcheeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fits most places; dead simple to use

The Sharp R-240Y is a compact, microwave oven. Its dimensions means it will fit in a space only 46cm wide. A standard microwave needs 56cm. At 800W, it has plenty of power for most cooking needs. The build quality is very good. The best part about a Sharp microwave, is its ease of use. One button press will start you cooking or heating.
Easy to use, good build quality, looks good, will fit most places, including a caravan or camper van.

Mr Dalek

Sounds like you copied this from a Sharp brochure! On Whirlpool forums they call this spam....

batchee

No, my words. I've always liked the ease of use of a Sharp microwave.

Mr Dalek

Maybe you should get a job on the side as a copywriter! ;o)