Sharp R240YS

Microwaves Buying Guide

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Only lasted a few days short of 12 months - very disappointing

I have used this microwave to cook my vegies predominantly so it's got regular use and it's been great. But tonight- 12 months to the day, I noticed the lights weren't working on the front :( Checked the power etc. Looking for the receipt but I know its 12 months because I found my bank record. Going back to the GoodGuys and hoping they have a copy. I used it last week and it was fine. Love the size but not sure I'd replace it with another one. My last Aldi one served me really well - for years!!!! Disappointed. Would have expected it would last longer than this.

Purchased in November 2018 at GoodGuys Nunawading for $89.00.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Alison, thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience your feedback has been logged. We encourage you to reach out to our Customer Care team at ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review for assistance.

Clock loses time!

the microwave clock constantly loses time! I have reset it a number of times and within a day it has lost time. Within a week it has lost 15 minutes.
Anything I can do to fix this? I only purchased this microwave about five months ago from good guys store

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Other Microwaves

mark w.
mark w.asked

Is it possible to turn the beep off???

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Mark, the been function on Sharp R240YS cannot be turned off or the volume cannot be reduced. Thank you

mark w.
mark w.asked

Is it possible to turn the beep off???

John Z
John Zasked

I bought the Sharp microwave model $240Y from Good Guys (Auburn NSW) in March 2018. But it doesn't work at all in May 2019. I tested many times but still doesn't work.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi John, we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We would encourage you to reach out to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review to discuss this further with our Customer Care team.

Get an answer from our members and Sharp representatives

CategoryMicrowaves