Sharp R290NS

Microwaves Buying Guide

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

2.2

Will never buy sharp again

I bought a sharp microwave oven R395YS pulled it out of the box placed it on the bench and found the bottom legs were uneven took it back got the same one again, came home turned it on and the turn table wasn't turning freely. Packed it up took it back and replaced it with a panasonic NN-ST680S.
    So far so good fingers crossed. What ever happened to quality control before leaving the factory?

Unuseable

Not happy
    Not happy

Sorry to be bearer of bad news but my panasonic ST680 just died after 2years 2 mths!

summerwind1974Launceston, TAS

Great value at a great price!

Billstar
    Billstar
    summerwind1974

I'm sorry to hear that. After using mine for over 12 months I don't have either of those problems.

Lina.BCanberra 2600, ACT

Check appliance review before deciding on this microwave

Microwaves

Find out how Sharp R290NS compares to other Microwaves

TB1986

TB1986AU

Will never buy from Sharp again.

Sharp has the worst customer care I have ever dealt with. I was disgusted to have to wait 2 months for my microwave to be repaired by sharp after it blew up within 3 months of owning it. Even after I explained that I had just had a baby and how hard it would be to drive 35 mins each way to drop the microwave off and pick it up from repair, there was no help offered or even care given. In short, bad service, unreliable product and next time I will be going to kmart and purchasing a cheap microwave from there.

Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong with it.

Joe_T

Joe_TAU

Great looking unit and easy to use.

I have had the R290NS for 8 years and for the last 2 years have had to use it with a blank display. Eventhough the keys still work, I have had to guess what's on the display by learning the functions off by heart. I haven't bothered to replace the display/keypad as the cost outweighs the benefit. I have been waiting for the unit to die but is still going strong despite the display problems and more recently unresponsive keypad issues.
    Style. Simplicity. Reliable cooking.
    Unreliable keypad and display.

Bussa