Sharp R330JS / R330JW

R330JS (Silver), R330JW (White)

Microwaves Buying Guide

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

3.2

Good Purchase

First purchased when moved into country in Apr 2007. Has lasted me all this years with no problems evrn mving house twice.
    It only broke down 3 days ago - Oct 2018 where it would no longer heat the food. Light would still work and turntable still rotates but no longer heating anything

Date PurchasedApr 2007
    Sharp A.Sharp

Dear Customer, thank you for your time in providing feedback. If you would still like us to contact you to assist, please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this feedback.

Aseem C.

Aseem C.Melbourne

The paint on the outer white has started peeling and have caused a spark, really worried

This microwave was given to us as a gift in 2011 and the other day there was a big spark. I opened the door and found an exposed metal/burnt mark on the outer bottom white. Dont know what caused it as we always keep it well maintained. Have used it again but I am very worried if it can cause a fire or something.

It still looks pretty new if you look at it with no marks or scratches but dont know if it is safe to use in future or not.

Date PurchasedAug 2011
    Song

SongBrisbane

Very happy with it

I stumbled across this site when searching for a replacement plate for my R330JS oven. Seeing a fair few negative reviews I thought I'd balance the scales with my positive review. My oven is 10 years or more old, has always given perfect service and I am very happy with it. Easy to operate, cooks nicely, noise level better than most and it is very robust having been packed, bounced around and dropped in my many moves over that time. Full marks from me!

Microwaves

Find out how Sharp R330JS / R330JW compares to other Microwaves

David

Davidmelbourne

Don't Buy A Microwave That You Can't Replace The Globe

Hi! This microwave's globe is not replaceable by the user so lesson learned by me. The machine works fine but a $100 plus service fee and having to take it to a service centre for a 4-year-old microwave, never again Sharp and other manufacturers I will be checking this out before purchase.

Kevin WCairns

Not as good as the old Sharp microwaves

Purchased this microwave from the Good Guys in April 2010 after having a previous Sharp which was still going strong and we gave it to a local sporting club for their juniors and it is still working.
    However, this model has blown up after only five years. It did work well when it was going but at a cost of $179 it was not cheap and I am very disappointed with it. I am probably better off buying a cheap no name brand from K Mart.

Jane46Perth, WA

Sharp R330JS - disappointing

Microwave died just after a year, we looked after it, we hardly even used it, does not heat anymore, very disappointing, This was my first microwave purchase. My Mum always had a Sharp microwave they lasted 10-20 years. I really thought mine would last for a long time well at least more than a year!!
    Inexpensive, looked sleek
    Does not heat anymore

Goanne

GoanneVic, 3690

Good reliable product

Good wattage cooks things fast; reasonably easy to clean; good design, nice looking.

This is a great mid-range microwave, not too expensive and for two years now it has functioned really well and looks good as new with heavy (three-four times minimum daily) use.
    Fast cooking, reliable.

Its ok.

Well, it was ok while it lasted.
    First the bulb went after two years and I couldn't find a way to change it.
    Today, it doesn't heat. Its goes through the motions, you can hear it buzz, the turntable turns but the food doesn't heat up.
    So its dead after 3 years.

Our last Sharp lasted 10yrs, I guess don't make them like they used to.
    We'll try another brand.
    Cheap and cheerful
    Dies too early.

Josie_9

Josie_9New South Wales

Bad

I can't really complain because I got this microwave second hand, but I know some old microwaves (early 90s) lasting for decades, so I was disappointed when mine broke down. It's not the fuse (the problem is in the heating), so there is nothing I can do to repair. I read that the heating part costs about 90% of the entire microwave. So, this one has to be thrown out (what a waste as it looks new on the outside). I reviewed it previously saying it was reliable, but a year later, it has failed. Maybe I will try another brand next time...
    Appearance, brand name
    It just broke down... :(

Microwaves

Find out how Sharp R330JS / R330JW compares to other Microwaves

fernyfluffles

fernyflufflesTas, 7320

We bought this beautiful little microwave after owning a little black and decker one which wasn't too good. We paid $199 all up for the silver one, which included Harvey Norman's extended warranty. It's a wonderful size and holds a full size dinner plate, both a round one and a square one. It's very quiet and easy to use and comes with a handy recipe book. We definitely recommend this microwave as we have had no troubles with it whatsoever!
    The beautiful silver colour which matches our kitchen, how quiet it is, the handy size of the inside

neodymium

neodymiumAU

Good

This Sharp microwave is a wonderful model that has provided me with reliable performance for many years. The design is very stylish and would look great in any kitchen. It is easy to operate with a wide variety of cooking modes and settings available. With 1100w of power, it is able to cook, reheat and defrost quickly, saving you time. Overall, I am very pleased with my purchase and I would happily recommend anyone who is in the market for a good value, reliable microwave to consider getting a Sharp microwave.
    Modern stylish design. Powerful, reliable performance. Decent storage capacity.
    Nothing of note

Banda

Bandaasked

R330JW (White)

My sharb microwave stopped heating any things but still rotating and working normally?, How do I solve this issue ?,

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Banda, for support with this, please reach out to our Customer Care team via phone on 1300 135 022 or via email at ccare@sharp.net.au where we will be able to troubleshoot and assist accordingly.

P Chovhan
    P Chovhan

Hi i had same issue after using it for over 10 years. Needless to say, I went and replaced it with a new top of the line microwave in the market around the $350 price range.

Hannah

Hannahasked

R330JS (Silver)

Burnt some pop corn in my microwave can't. Seem to get the burnt smell out. Any help?

Kevin W

Hello Hannah, Sorry I am not able to help you with this question as I have never had any smells in my microwave. If you went direct to Sharp on their web page they may be able to help you.

Hi Hannah,

Thank you for your question. Could you please email your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this CRN 525234? Our customer care will contact you to assist accordingly.

Kind regards,
    Sharp Australia

JudeR

JudeRasked

R330JS (Silver)

I am very disappointed with this model Sharp microwave. Mine is 3 years old, bought from The Good Guys and it has died. I bought a Sharp because the previous one I had lasted us about 15 years! This one however is a waste of money. I can see by the other reviews others have had the same problem. It turns on, but doesnt heat. I wouldnt buy another Sharp product. Why has this product been discontinued by Sharp?

Jane46

I'm guessing it was because it was a lemon all along...? We got a breville on special for $100 2 yrs ago works a treat! Button set up takes a bit to get used to as different to sharp but so far so good!

Hi JudeR,

We would like to follow up with you in regards to this - could you please send contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au so that we can discuss?

Kind Regards,
    Sharp Australia

trisrick
    trisrick

We also bought a Sharp R330JS microwave from Good Guys (Robina) and it now also no longer works (approx 3 years old and looked after) - turns on but does not heat. I emailed the above ccare@sharp.net.au and waiting for a reply. I also would be reluctant to buy another Sharp product in the future.

See all Sharp R330JS / R330JW questions

Get an answer from our members and Sharp representatives

Compare both Sharp R330JS / R330JW