Sharp R330YS / R330YW

R330YS (Silver), R330YW (White)

Microwaves Buying Guide

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

JonSydney, NSW

Poor quality with a 4 year life

Purchased mid size Sharp R-330Y(W) microwave 4 years ago. It was used a couple of times a week. Recently I saw paint peeling and what seems like bubbling under the turntable. A google search recommends not to use a rusty microwave oven and this website makes clear I am so not alone in having purchased a dud of a product. It should last no less than 7 years without an incident according to many websites. I purchased the lemon from the Good Guys for about $199.

Purchased at The Good Guys for $199.00.

Sam the Man

Sam the Man

self rusting microwave

Had a previous Sharp Carousel for 20+ years when The door started to have an issue, went and bought this one rusted or sharp blamed cooking food in the microwave, total garbage is there quality use anything else but this brand. It would be a joke to call sharp help line “ customer service “, absolutely none given they want the original receipt, sharp don’t stand behind there products and I suggest you stand nowhere near there microwave if you value your health.

Purchased in May 2016.

JKLVictoria

Broke after 3+ years

Bought ours April 16, 2016. Just today (10/11/2019) it is no longer safe to use because of some internal damage (see attached photo). Normal house use of a few times a day. 3+ years is very poor quality for the price we paid for it ($200). It only has 12 months warranty. I don't recommend this. Buy a different one.

Purchased in April 2016 at The Good Guys for $196.00.

Disappointed41

Disappointed41Canberra 2600, ACT

Poor quality and short life

When my previous entry-level Sharp Carousel microwave died after 20 years of service I had no hesitation in going straight out and buying another Sharp Carousel, the model R330YW.

The unit was obviously of significantly lower quality than my 20 year old model, from the way that the door closed to the operation of the buttons. The R330YW lasted just 3 years of light use before dying. I'll choose another brand now.

Purchased in March 2016 at The Good Guys for $174.00.

malone.patriciaSouth Australia

The area under turntable ( base of microwave)peeled off/rusted in area under turntable Roller

Apart from base area deteriorating the using of microwave has ease of using
Rust under turntable roller albeit cleaned /dried after each use when moisture noted as per operational manual
Programming easy to use and heats food well

Purchased in October 2016.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Malone,, thank you for your enquiry. We would encourage you to reach out to our Customer Care team (ccare@sharp.net.au) referencing your review. Thank you.

Marsy

MarsyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

This cooks well, but the interior plastic has turned to rust

The microwave is hard to use, I have never got the hang of the programs on it. However, if i just press the on button it does a good job. We have had it for 2 years and now the interior is rusting. It started where the plastic wheels of the turntable move on the bottom. It is now spreading. My microwave always looks dirty and has a rusty smell to it now. I am looking to purchase a new one and would like to know if Sharp have addressed this problem.

Purchased in November 2016 for $250.00.

mtomsey77

mtomsey77Melbourne

Worst microwave ever!!!!!!

I have barely had this microwave for 2 years, and I knew we'd made the wrong choice a week in. Stupidly I let my husband purchase this at Goodguys, and the store person told him "they're all the same". Within a few months this microwave had rusted on the inside. When I say inside, I mean the entire base of the microwave is rusting and peeling. I now have to buy a new one, as at this stage I am sure it is unsafe and unhealthy. The light died a year ago, and as I have worked out it is impossible to replace myself. I have previously had Sharp microwaves, and had one for 10 years and was absolutely disappointed when that finally died.
Very disappointed

Purchased in December 2017 for $150.00.

Renee

ReneeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Dont bother with Sharp

Bought this microwave hoping for good quality and long life. My last model was a Sharp and lasted over 8 years so I trusted in the name (and the price tag as it wasn't cheap!). Very disappointed. Last night I tried heating up some veggies and it failed to heat properly. We have had it under 3 years! Its 1100 watt but have always felt its never heated as well as our last 1000 watt microwave! I don't know what's happening with appliance quality these days but nothing seems to last. I'm now about to purchase Panasonic based on word of mouth from friends and family. They seem to be much better quality. Sorry Sharp Im afraid I can no longer give you a good name.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

LeeKingsbury

Bad Microwave - only lasted 3 years

I had my previous Sharp Microwave for 15 years until it finally stopped working and was extremely happy with it. So I decided to go with Sharp again when I purchased a replacement Microwave, however I have been extremely disappointed. The Microwave has totally stopped working after 3 years, and even before it actually stopped working I would find the Microwave light on even when the door was closed and the microwave wasn't in use. Not happy that we need to replace this Microwave after only 3 years.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Lee, Thank you for your review. We have spoken to our Customer Care team and they would like to assist you. Please send us your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au referencing this review, so a member of our team can assist you accordingly.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Lee, Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that your issue has been resolved. Have a great day!

Summer Rose

Summer RoseSydney, NSW

Bad!

Had to return this after a few months because it literally just stopped working. Never even used it excessively, it was still practically brand new but out of nowhere it just stopped working.
Have to say BING LEE were great, as it was still in warranty I took it in and just chose a different microwave to take home (picked up a Samsung and it is excellent)

Date PurchasedJan 2013
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear Customer, Thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass the issue on to our product team for their review.

David

DavidMelbourne

Terrible microwave - failed just out of warranty

I purchased this microwave January 2017. it had regular use probably 3 or 4 times a week and worked well up until today when it has made an odd noise + smell and stopped heating. Less than 3 months outside of warranty.

Our previous Microwave lasted 7+ years!! We will not be purchasing a Sharp microwave again.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Scasta55

Scasta55Wagga Wagga

Overheats Constantly

This microwave works for quick reheats, but don't even bother if you're trying to reheat something for more than 4 minutes.

It constantly overheats and shuts itself off for up to 15 minutes. It is obvious that the ventilation isn't adequate at all. Completely rubbish and a waste of money. Never again.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Maree

MareeBrisbane

Rusted!!

I purchased this microwave from the good guys 2 years ago and has been great up until I noticed rust under the turntable, I contacted sharp by email and phone to be basically fobbed off and told that rust if caused by not cleaning the mircrowave properly I have never owned a microwave that has rusted I would avoid purchasing this microwave would expect a microwave to last a lot longer then 2 years.

Date PurchasedJuly 2015
Jane

JaneMelbourne

Not heating

This product has only lasted just over 3 years. I was cooking pasta, the machine suddenly reset itself. Now it won't heat even though the light is on. Calling the Sharp Care centre was no use as they were not interested in helping as the product was out of warranty period. As per Consumer Law what about a reasonable life span of a product? Surely a Microwave lasts longer than 3 1/4 year, I would expect 5-7 years. Very poor product, expected a longer life . Will not be buying Sharp appliances again.

Date PurchasedMay 2014

Memberhobart

Replacement Parts

Yes totally agree, would not buy a Sharp model again, our plate has cracked, the distributors Sharp recommends can no longer source this product, after 3 attempts of going around in circles on the call centre number finally got through to a staff member gave all my personal details only to be told my query could not be progressed because I did not have a receipt from the purchase which was numerous years ago. If Sharp are prepared to sell appliances they should always have an alternative replacement for the parts, we are now in the situation of having to buy a brand new microwave as Sharp are unable to replace a part for their appliance!

Date PurchasedJan 2014
Member

Thanks and what will happen from there I am still without a microwave?

ZeinaSydney

Not heating

Date PurchasedJuly 2015

Reference no CRN-526303
Mobile 0417695306

CHANDERSydney, NSW

Prone to fire and not worth it

Purchased this microwave from GoodGuys last year as it was on sale. Did not have any issues in the first year but today microwave almost caused a fire in my home. Was heating a cup of coffee when suddenly there was a burning smell and then a flame appeared on the side of the door. Tried to contact GoodGuys but they asked to reach Sharp customer care. Couldn't reach the customer care so writing a review hoping that I will get some traction.

DO NOT BUY THIS MODEL as it is not worth it.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Bang! Blew up

While it was still working the microwave was good. Until it just blew up, and the door won't open.
Was used for daily heating up, only had for 18 months and now useless. Have had Sharp Carousel microwaves for 25+ years, never had an issue before but will rethink my purchase before buying a Sharp microwave again.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Gilby
Gilby

Thanks to Sharp customer service for dealing with this problem so promptly.

Anne

Anne

Terrible microwave - lasted only 3 1/4 years

I agree with the review on this page "Horrible Microwave" My microwave stopped working after only 3 1/4 years of use. Our previous Sharp Carousel microwave lasted 10+ years which is why I chose this Brand and Model. Rang Sharp and when I asked whether I should expect a longer life was told it depends on the use. Same usage pattern as previous microwave. Very disappointed with both the microwave and the customer service.

Date PurchasedApr 2014
Linda

LindaSydney, NSW

Rust bucket

I've been buying the Carousel microwave for many years but this is my last. I have no problem with the way the microwave cooks, it's as reliable as always but this model started rusting within a month or two of buying it. It first started along the back bottom seam and now it's under the turntable which has rendered it useless and their warranty doesn't cover rust. Biggest waste of money and won't waste another cent on Sharp products purely because of their customer service which is non existent.

Date PurchasedNov 2015