Sharp R350J

3.9

ehmert

ehmertGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Onwards to Microwave Heaven

Inherited from my grandparents and its served the family for 16+ years. Other than plastic yellowing on the door, there were no issues until the magnetron stopped working the other day. Or perhaps the fuse has blown. Either way my wife won't let me attempt repair. So off to microwave heaven it goes.

An old faithful

I purchased this microwave over 16 years ago, and am only now looking at replacing. It was money well spent, and so easy to use. Will be hard to replace.

Purchased for $150.00.

Carol

CarolGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Sharp Carousel

My Sharp Carousel R350J has now given up on me after 14.5 years. Door wouldn't shut properly, hence I couldn't clear panel to put it in operation mode.
Would be great if Sharp could bring this model back. It would have to be the best one out. Suited my needs.
Only downside was discoloration of door, but that could have been due to being so close to cooking appliances.
My son has same model a bit longer and it is still working, although seems to spark very slightly now and again . Door has not discolored on his.
Come on Sharp, please please bring back this wonderful icon

Purchased in February 2006 at Cant recall for $189.00.

Microwaves

Find out how Sharp R350J compares to other Microwaves

Sharp Carousel 1200W R350J

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear Krisheel, thank you for your time in providing feedback, it is always great to get feedback from customers. We will pass it on to the product managers. Have a lovely day.

Long live my old faithful friend

Purchased this little baby when I first moved out of home at 18, unfortunately tonight my most life saving appliance has died and gone to the scrap pile, it and I shared many of late night bottle warming times with 2 terrors. Would love to welcome a trusty microwave to hopefully last 16 years again.

Date PurchasedAug 2002
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear customer, thank you for providing feedback. Please feel free to visit our website at https://www.sharp.net.au/home-products/microwaves for a microwave that suit your requirements. Have a lovely day.

biggweilo

biggweiloPLANO

Back from the dead.

I agree with Anthony's review regarding cost and discoloration of the door. Mine finally broke down a week ago after 12 years service. It still had lights and would rotate but would not heat Looking at new microwaves around $200, they did not have the same feel and poor reviews. I am an electronics novice but armed with a screwdriver and pliers I managed to find a blown fuse under a white plastic casing that had burned out. After a $5 investment at Jaycar my microwave is up working again. I would have given it 5 stars regardless as I expect 10 years service out of it (which it delivered), however, I am ecstatic to be in extra time for such a small investment.

Date PurchasedJuly 2006
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear customer, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. If you still have any issues or questions, we encourage you to contact our customer care team at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022.

Anthony

Anthony

Reliable, but died of old age.

Very reliable and easy to use. Super powerful! Only issue was that the door plastic turned yellow after 2-3 years, and last night at the age of 9.5 years the brittle door plastic broke where it holds the hinge mechanism, so the door no longer latches shut and the microwave won't operate. Had a good life but didn't last as long as my parents Sharp Carousel (1987 - 2015, and retired still going strong).

W A R C H I E F

W A R C H I E F

11 Years Loyal Service

My mum's friend sold it to her when he won it in a raffle (Serious) and it's given my family 11 years of loyal service. Unfortunately my brother accidentally hooked his sleeve on the door hook, rendering it useless. I'll be looking to repair it if it's cost effective otherwise it will be going to Microwave Heaven. A word of note, this microwave is a 1200w beast. It will cook your crap within an inch of it's life. If the instructions say to cook it for 5 minutes, cook it for 3 (if you're feeling brave.)

Good

Great, have no problem inviting a younger more attractive model into my home. As long as it does not nag, I promise never to try and boil eggs in it again.
Very powerful and reliable, had a great time with you sharpy until i decided to boil 2 eggs in water with no lid. The loud explosion kill you old friend. It has been a 4 year relationship. Shortly I will put you too rest in the recycle bin. RIP
I absolutely hated the beeping reminder that could not be disabled you nagging thing.

Microwaves

Find out how Sharp R350J compares to other Microwaves

mum11

mum11

OK

liked all the features and i have always found sharp reliable dissapointed that rust has started to come out in the door The first one i got was faulty which was replaced would buy againn with longer warrenty
easy to use great for heating food
rust started to come out in door just after a year

OK

Great microwave for the short amount of time it worked. I am really disappointed that it no longer heats food. Would consider buying another one IF I was confident it would last longer than 2 years.
Fantastice microwave. Cooks well.
Unreliable....stopped heating when little under 2 years old.

gem89

gem89

Terrible

I just hope that you don't have to get it repaired. There is a lot they don't cover. Especially known manufacturing faults in their microwaves.
It works