Sharp R350J

3.9

ehmert

ehmertGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Onwards to Microwave Heaven

Inherited from my grandparents and its served the family for 16+ years. Other than plastic yellowing on the door, there were no issues until the magnetron stopped working the other day. Or perhaps the fuse has blown. Either way my wife won't let me attempt repair. So off to microwave heaven it goes.

An old faithful

I purchased this microwave over 16 years ago, and am only now looking at replacing. It was money well spent, and so easy to use. Will be hard to replace.

Purchased for $150.00.

Anthony

Anthony

Reliable, but died of old age.

Very reliable and easy to use. Super powerful! Only issue was that the door plastic turned yellow after 2-3 years, and last night at the age of 9.5 years the brittle door plastic broke where it holds the hinge mechanism, so the door no longer latches shut and the microwave won't operate. Had a good life but didn't last as long as my parents Sharp Carousel (1987 - 2015, and retired still going strong).

Sharp
Sharp A.Sharp
Microwaves

Find out how Sharp R350J compares to other Microwaves

W A R C H I E F

W A R C H I E F

11 Years Loyal Service

My mum's friend sold it to her when he won it in a raffle (Serious) and it's given my family 11 years of loyal service. Unfortunately my brother accidentally hooked his sleeve on the door hook, rendering it useless. I'll be looking to repair it if it's cost effective otherwise it will be going to Microwave Heaven. A word of note, this microwave is a 1200w beast. It will cook your crap within an inch of it's life. If the instructions say to cook it for 5 minutes, cook it for 3 (if you're feeling brave.)

Sharp
Sharp A.Sharp

Good

Great, have no problem inviting a younger more attractive model into my home. As long as it does not nag, I promise never to try and boil eggs in it again.
Very powerful and reliable, had a great time with you sharpy until i decided to boil 2 eggs in water with no lid. The loud explosion kill you old friend. It has been a 4 year relationship. Shortly I will put you too rest in the recycle bin. RIP
I absolutely hated the beeping reminder that could not be disabled you nagging thing.