Sharp R350YS (Silver)

A lot better than the previous model

We had a Sharp Microwave that lasted for over twenty years and it was still going well but did not match our new kitchen so we donated it to a sporting club. We purchased another Sharp and unfortunately we got a dud and it only lasted a few years. I completed a product review for this and gave it a very low rating. Following the review I was contacted by Sharp to see if they could help. Unfortunately we had dumped it and they were not able to help. The fact they offered to help did impress me. We replaced it with a K-Mart home brand machine and it also only lasted a few years. I did a lot of research and compared models and ended up buying a Sharp R350YS as the price was right and the features matched our needs. This was over eighteen months ago and I have waited this long to ensure the new model lived up to our expectations. It has and we are very happy with our purchase. Features I like are the defrost which is the best I have ever see in a microwave, the speed in which it cooks and the consistent results we get. It has a cooling down function which is handy and depending how long you have been using the microwave the function completes it cycle in less than a minute.

Purchased in January 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $228.00.

Noise Level
Hi Kevin, thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience your feedback has been logged.

Good value for money

This microwave is a fantastic size, and was an affordable option at Harvey Norman. It heats food evenly and quickly, and has simple controls. The smart system is good, but not perfect, and we haven’t been particularly satisfied with the fresh vegetables function. A key point of this microwave however would be its noise levels, it continues to make noise after an item is finished in the microwave, and it continues for a good 30 seconds which is quite frustrating at times. However as an overall system, the microwave has been satisfactory.

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman for $250.00.

Noise Level
Hi Grace, thank you for your feedback. We will pass your feedback on to our product team. Regarding the noise after the timer ends, this is the cool down function to ensure longevity of the Convection/Inverter components. Have a good day.

Microwave perfection

This microwave is perfect for any kitchen. It doesn't take up too much space on the bench but able to fit large dinner plates. The sensor cook buttons makes it easy to pop your veggies in and have them ready just at a press of a button. Very easy to use and food always comes out perfect whether cooking from scratch or just reheating.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Hi Alysia, thank you for your feedback. We will pass your feedback on to our product team. Have a good day.

Sharp are cheaping out on design quality! Avoid until further notice.

Hi all, unfortunately this microwave hasn't been designed to fit modern & top quality standards.

If this review is still up here for you to read then Sharp customer care has been of no assistance & I suggest that you avoid purchasing any Sharp products until further notice. I will be making sure to delete this review if I end up receiving proper customer service from Sharp as my family have been using there products for 30 odd years & haven't had any issues with there products until now.

This oven looks nice & modern, but it simply doesn't act nice & modern.

It's only been owned for 3 years & has been treated properly accordingly to the instruction manual with proper ventilation so there fault is definately not on our end. Unfortunately Sharp only offered 12 months warranty with this product, so this puts it out of warranty. A modern microwave should last at least 6 & a half more years then this

The other day I was microwaving some chicken nuggets & all of a sudden the microwave caught a small fire inside. I immediately clicked stop & the fire/mini explosion extuinguished by itself. Lucky I was around!

This microwave also doesn't contain it's radioactive waves inside as well as other brands of microwaves, I know this because every time I use it, it cuts out my Wireless Internet due to running on the same frequency. I've never had this issue with another microwave. This effects my business massively as I work from home.

My elderly parents worked very hard in there lives for the money that they spent on this dodgy-designed microwave. Makes me sad to see & they're not so tech-savvy, so I've decided to pounce & act for them..

If this microwave was to catch fire again or if the previous mini fire was left unattended it could easily have burnt down my parents house & destroyed everything they've ever worked for in there lives. I don't appreciate this poor design quality by Sharp one bit & don't feel safe using this microwave for much longer. Why cheap out on something so crucial?

I see this product is no longer being sold at Harvey Norman & i believe Sharp secretly stopped offering it due to finding out how faulty it really is. So once again, If this review is still up here for you to read then Sharp customer care has currently been of no assistance & I suggest that you avoid purchasing any Sharp products until further notice due to design faults. I will be making sure to delete this review if I end up receiving proper customer service from Sharp as my family have been using there products for 30 odd years & haven't had any issues with there products until now. So sad.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
I'll keep you all updated with this situation. If there's no update then there's been absolutely no help from Sharp Customer Care. I've just sent Sharp Customer Care an email to ccare@sharp.net.au with a link to this review as they suggest to do with generic replies on the other hundreds of people complaining about this same product. Am just glad to see I'm not alone after reading these reviews! Also, does this microwave interfere with any of your wireless WIFI connections due to leaking radioactivity? If so you're not alone. Apparently this issue usually occurs only with lower quality microwaves which are leaking excessive amounts of radioactivity.

Not happy

Purchased 16 October 2016 repaired under warranty February 27 2017 as it cut the power and was blank. It has cut the powe on 3 other occasions but worked when power reconnected, however, last week the same thing has happened. My previous Westinghouse lasted 27 years and Panasonic after 25 years still working which I gave to a friend when I remodelled the kitchen and wanted a stainless look and bought this. Sorry I didn't keep the Panasonic. I am loathe to waste money to have it repaired as that could go to cost of a better brand.
Advice..... don't buy sharp!!! Why? They are blunt!!! Purchased from Bing Lee Bankstown

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Hi Butcher, thank you for providing feedback and we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We would encourage you to reach out to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review to discuss this further with our Customer Care team.

Not happy at all

I have purchased my SHARP R350YS from JB Hi-Fi and it stopped working all of a sudden whilst it has been used for less than an year. I have always been going with SHARP for microwave and not at all happy for being dealt with such a poor quality this time. I am unable to find the Invoice and would like to know from the manufacturer what was wrong with my oven and how it can be fixed.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi Sireesh, Thank you for your review. We appreciate you raising this matter with Sharp, and we would like to help resolve the situation in regards to your microwave issue. Please contact our Customer Care on ccare@sharp.net.au referencing this review. Our customer care team will assist you accordingly.

SHARP R350YS Stops Working After 2.5 Years

The Sharp R350YS Stops Working after just two and half years since we purchased in Feb 2016. It is quite short lived comparing to the average lifetime of nine years for Microwave in general.
Would like to check with the manufacturer to see if there is any warranty available.
Thanks!

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Hi Amelia, thank you for your time and patience. Please send us your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au referencing this review. Our customer care team will contact you to assist accordingly.Sharp responded quickly and the microwave is repaired now under the consumer guarantee guidelines.Hi Amelia, we are glad that your issue has been resolved. Have a good day.

SHARP R350YS Stops Working After 2.5 Years

The Sharp R350YS Stops working after just 2.5 years since we purchased in Feb 2016. It is quite short lived comparing to the average of 9 years life expectancy for Microwave in general.
Would like to check with manufacturer to see if there is product warranty available for repair or replacement.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Hi Amelia, thank you for your patience. We appreciate you raising this matter with Sharp, and we would like to help resolve the situation in regards to your microwave issue. Please contact our Customer Care on ccare@sharp.net.au referencing this feedback.

Made a wrong choice

Terrible experience.
Much worse experience when it ....it took weeks to repair by sharp repairer. Brought back home and after week it stopped working again.
Not good way to treat customers who spend their faith and money in your brand.
Please improve standard of your under warranty repairs process.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hi Amarpreet, we are sorry to hear about your experience in regards to the service. Would you still like us to contact you to investigate the issue? If you could please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this feedback, our customer care team will be able to assist you.

Sharp not delivering good products

Was heating milk for my little one, and heard a loud noise and then a very bright light and the saw the microwave blew up. Just used for almost 2 years. Previously had a local Kmart brand used for 7 years for 39$ was still in working condition. Bought SHARP thinking a better brand to trust and was unhappy. Tried filling the feedback form on Sharp website pressed the submit button 10 times the screen doesn't move, so you cant even speak to the team as no option on the phone to talk if you are not a dealer or something, i would say very unprofessional.

Date PurchasedSep 2015
Hi Neeraj, Thank you for your patience. We appreciate you raising this matter with Sharp, and would like to help resolve the situation in regards to your microwave issue. Please contact our Customer Care on ccare@sharp.net.au referencing this review. A member of our team will assist and work towards achieving a satisfactory resolution for you.thanks for coming back--i have sent an email to your team

Not even 3 y.o and stopped heating

Could someone tell me whether there is a way to fix the problem of a microwave not heating at all? It has gradually been taking a little longer to heat up lately but then today suddenly, not heating at all. It had otherwise been a great microwave and very well liked after. Thank you

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Hi Shayly, thank you for your patience. We appreciate you raising this matter with Sharp, and we would like to help resolve the situation in regards to your microwave issue. Please contact our Customer Care on ccare@sharp.net.au referencing this review, so that a member of our team can assist and work towards achieving a satisfactory resolution for you.

Powerful microwave - cooks really quickly

This microwave is powerful!!! It cooks much faster than my old one (from the 90s) and I have had to re-learn approximate cooking times. It looks great on the bench - very stylish and I like the simple, clear menus too. You can fit a normal sized plate inside so that's a bonus. I just dont know what other people are talking about - this is a really good model and it come with a long guarantee. I am very happy with it

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Dear customer, thank you for providing feedback. It is great that you enjoy using the microwave.

Poor Product Quality

Our microwave is 7 months old and just stopped heating. Very poor for the 2st century. So no one believes a consumer so it has to go to their repair centre. It should just have been replaced. Other manufacturers do this with products under 12 months old that fail. A contrast to our previous Sharp that gave 11 years service and was then that the display failed.
Yes the new one is a well designed and functional item, pity it failed so prematurely.
So now no microwave until ???????

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Good product

I bought this microwave a while ago and I'm loving it.. it works fine and not very loud.. cooks and heats foods quickly and easily and they taste great. As far as its looks go it is also very good looking . Easy to open and shut the door and not loud while doing so. So i can recommend this easily.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi jloboy, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. It is great that you enjoy using the microwave. Have a good day.

This is perfect

Very happy with this product as it's an affordable product that meet the needs of the food, such as if you need certain minutes on the food to cook it. You can put it in the microwave and the food will be cooked on these minutes.Therefore, I think it's very beneficial for the customers to buy it.

Date PurchasedJul 2010
Hi Anite, thank you for the positive feedback.It is great that you enjoy using the microwave. Have a lovely day.

Great product

Powerful microwave that has lasted us years. Bought it years ago, and still works strong. Very simple to use, I prefer the number key pad over dials or weird buttons. i can rely on this microwave to cook popcorn at 90 seconds, without burning the popcorn or leaving kernels at the bottom of the bag. 10/10

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Hi Anna, Thank you for the positive feedback. Have a great day.

User friendly

The cooking result of this microwave is satisfactory. The texture of the food will still remain soft and tender instead of dried up. The microwave does not create loud noise when is working unlike other brands that I used before. The microwave is sturdy and well-built. Most importantly the settings and features are super easy to use and understand. It is really user friendly and I would strongly recommend it.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi Janice, Thank you for you feedback. We will pass the feedback on to our product team. Have a lovely day.

Nice design and works well

Does just what I need from a microwave and looks so smart and modern. Love the style of this microwave, it completely blends in with our decor. It easy breezy to use too. I am not one for reading the manual, I suppose I should but I just use the menu buttons as they are and it works well.
It's easy to clean, and operates quietly. What more is there to say? It works well.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Dear customer, we are glad to hear that you love the microwave. Have a great day ahead!

Looks Good Does The Job

We bought this when we moved back to Melbourne mostly because it fitted in with our other appliances.
It looks very smart and is extremely easy to wipe down.
I pretty much only ever use a microwave to reheat cold coffee or the occasional plate of dinner and I can report it does this job admirably!
It sit's there looking nice in the kitchen and I am happy with it.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi Hector, Thank you for your feedback. Have a wonderful day!

After minimal use arched where label was inside door

Have always bought Sharp microwaves this one was extremely disappointing. Silver product label just inside door started to melt and then caused arching . After that incident more arching happened , too dangerous to use . Will not ever purchase again only had this one for 16 mths and only use to reheat foods .

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi Lee, we appreciate the feedback and would like to investigate the issue. Could you please send us your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au,a member of our team will assist you.

What is the quietest and most reliable in the larger capacity microwaves (35 to 45 ltr)?
Hi Silby, Thank you for your question. In regards to your question, we encourage you to contact our customer care team by phone on 1300 135 022, our customer care team will be able to assist with your question. Kind regards, Sharp Australia

Hi Can I turn off the unnecessary second beep after cooking? We are finding if very annoying. Also just used timer for 15min and it was done in 5min. Can we adjust the timer? I have used sensor for defrosting and it almost melted my tupperware microwave container which I had to throw out the lid as it is now warped. The heat in the whole microwave just seems too hot after the previous microwave and after reading the reviews it seems it could be a problem. Can we turn it down? Sandy
Hi Sandy, Thank you for your question. We encourage you to contact Customer Care either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this question with your CRN 504982, so that a member of our team can troubleshoot accordingly and assist in achieving a resolution for you. Kind Regards, Sharp Australia

Hello! Our Sharp R-350Y is just over a year old and has died (as if power is off but have checked socket, power supply, etc. and all fine). Is there anything we can do? Seems to be a common issue with this model. Catherine
Hi Cath, Thank you for your review. We appreciate you raising this matter with Sharp, and we would like to help resolve the situation in regards to your microwave issue. Could you please email us your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au, mentioning this CRN 495472, so that a member of our team can assist and work towards achieving a satisfactory resolution for you. Kind Regards, Sharp Australia

CategoryMicrowaves