Sharp R350YS (Silver)

Sharp R350YS (Silver)

Kevin W

Kevin WCairns

A lot better than the previous model

Purchased in January 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $228.00.

Noise Level
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Kevin, thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience your feedback has been logged.

Grace T

Grace T

Good value for money

This microwave is a fantastic size, and was an affordable option at Harvey Norman. It heats food evenly and quickly, and has simple controls. The smart system is good, but not perfect, and we haven’t been particularly satisfied with the fresh vegetables function. A key point of this microwave however would be its noise levels, it continues to make noise after an item is finished in the microwave, and it continues for a good 30 seconds which is quite frustrating at times. However as an overall system, the microwave has been satisfactory.

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman for $250.00.

Noise Level
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Grace, thank you for your feedback. We will pass your feedback on to our product team. Regarding the noise after the timer ends, this is the cool down function to ensure longevity of the Convection/Inverter components. Have a good day.

Alysia

AlysiaNewcastle

Microwave perfection

This microwave is perfect for any kitchen. It doesn't take up too much space on the bench but able to fit large dinner plates. The sensor cook buttons makes it easy to pop your veggies in and have them ready just at a press of a button. Very easy to use and food always comes out perfect whether cooking from scratch or just reheating.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Alysia, thank you for your feedback. We will pass your feedback on to our product team. Have a good day.

ReviewsQueensland, 4227

Sharp are cheaping out on design quality! Avoid until further notice.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Butcher

ButcherRevesby

Not happy

Purchased 16 October 2016 repaired under warranty February 27 2017 as it cut the power and was blank. It has cut the powe on 3 other occasions but worked when power reconnected, however, last week the same thing has happened. My previous Westinghouse lasted 27 years and Panasonic after 25 years still working which I gave to a friend when I remodelled the kitchen and wanted a stainless look and bought this. Sorry I didn't keep the Panasonic. I am loathe to waste money to have it repaired as that could go to cost of a better brand.
Advice..... don't buy sharp!!! Why? They are blunt!!! Purchased from Bing Lee Bankstown

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Butcher, thank you for providing feedback and we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We would encourage you to reach out to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review to discuss this further with our Customer Care team.

Sireesh

SireeshSydney

Not happy at all

I have purchased my SHARP R350YS from JB Hi-Fi and it stopped working all of a sudden whilst it has been used for less than an year. I have always been going with SHARP for microwave and not at all happy for being dealt with such a poor quality this time. I am unable to find the Invoice and would like to know from the manufacturer what was wrong with my oven and how it can be fixed.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

AmeliaSydney

SHARP R350YS Stops Working After 2.5 Years

The Sharp R350YS Stops Working after just two and half years since we purchased in Feb 2016. It is quite short lived comparing to the average lifetime of nine years for Microwave in general.
Would like to check with the manufacturer to see if there is any warranty available.
Thanks!

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Amelia, thank you for your time and patience. Please send us your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au referencing this review. Our customer care team will contact you to assist accordingly.

Amelia

Sharp responded quickly and the microwave is repaired now under the consumer guarantee guidelines.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Amelia, we are glad that your issue has been resolved. Have a good day.

AmeliaSydney

SHARP R350YS Stops Working After 2.5 Years

The Sharp R350YS Stops working after just 2.5 years since we purchased in Feb 2016. It is quite short lived comparing to the average of 9 years life expectancy for Microwave in general.
Would like to check with manufacturer to see if there is product warranty available for repair or replacement.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Amarpreet

AmarpreetSydney

Made a wrong choice

Terrible experience.
Much worse experience when it ....it took weeks to repair by sharp repairer. Brought back home and after week it stopped working again.
Not good way to treat customers who spend their faith and money in your brand.
Please improve standard of your under warranty repairs process.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

NeerajSydney

Sharp not delivering good products

Was heating milk for my little one, and heard a loud noise and then a very bright light and the saw the microwave blew up. Just used for almost 2 years. Previously had a local Kmart brand used for 7 years for 39$ was still in working condition. Bought SHARP thinking a better brand to trust and was unhappy. Tried filling the feedback form on Sharp website pressed the submit button 10 times the screen doesn't move, so you cant even speak to the team as no option on the phone to talk if you are not a dealer or something, i would say very unprofessional.

Date PurchasedSep 2015
Neeraj

thanks for coming back--i have sent an email to your team

Shayly

ShaylyMelbourne

Not even 3 y.o and stopped heating

Could someone tell me whether there is a way to fix the problem of a microwave not heating at all? It has gradually been taking a little longer to heat up lately but then today suddenly, not heating at all. It had otherwise been a great microwave and very well liked after. Thank you

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Moxie1

Moxie1Preston

Powerful microwave - cooks really quickly

This microwave is powerful!!! It cooks much faster than my old one (from the 90s) and I have had to re-learn approximate cooking times. It looks great on the bench - very stylish and I like the simple, clear menus too. You can fit a normal sized plate inside so that's a bonus. I just dont know what other people are talking about - this is a really good model and it come with a long guarantee. I am very happy with it

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear customer, thank you for providing feedback. It is great that you enjoy using the microwave.

Poor Product Quality

Our microwave is 7 months old and just stopped heating. Very poor for the 2st century. So no one believes a consumer so it has to go to their repair centre. It should just have been replaced. Other manufacturers do this with products under 12 months old that fail. A contrast to our previous Sharp that gave 11 years service and was then that the display failed.
Yes the new one is a well designed and functional item, pity it failed so prematurely.
So now no microwave until ???????

Date PurchasedNov 2017

jloboy

jloboygriffith

Good product

I bought this microwave a while ago and I'm loving it.. it works fine and not very loud.. cooks and heats foods quickly and easily and they taste great. As far as its looks go it is also very good looking . Easy to open and shut the door and not loud while doing so. So i can recommend this easily.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi jloboy, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. It is great that you enjoy using the microwave. Have a good day.

Anite

Anite

This is perfect

Very happy with this product as it's an affordable product that meet the needs of the food, such as if you need certain minutes on the food to cook it. You can put it in the microwave and the food will be cooked on these minutes.Therefore, I think it's very beneficial for the customers to buy it.

Date PurchasedJul 2010
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Anite, thank you for the positive feedback.It is great that you enjoy using the microwave. Have a lovely day.

Anna S

Anna SAU

Great product

Powerful microwave that has lasted us years. Bought it years ago, and still works strong. Very simple to use, I prefer the number key pad over dials or weird buttons. i can rely on this microwave to cook popcorn at 90 seconds, without burning the popcorn or leaving kernels at the bottom of the bag. 10/10

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Anna, Thank you for the positive feedback. Have a great day.

Jan99

Jan99

User friendly

The cooking result of this microwave is satisfactory. The texture of the food will still remain soft and tender instead of dried up. The microwave does not create loud noise when is working unlike other brands that I used before. The microwave is sturdy and well-built. Most importantly the settings and features are super easy to use and understand. It is really user friendly and I would strongly recommend it.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Janice, Thank you for you feedback. We will pass the feedback on to our product team. Have a lovely day.

Savvy12

Savvy12melbourne

Nice design and works well

Does just what I need from a microwave and looks so smart and modern. Love the style of this microwave, it completely blends in with our decor. It easy breezy to use too. I am not one for reading the manual, I suppose I should but I just use the menu buttons as they are and it works well.
It's easy to clean, and operates quietly. What more is there to say? It works well.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear customer, we are glad to hear that you love the microwave. Have a great day ahead!

Hector

Hectormelbourne

Looks Good Does The Job

We bought this when we moved back to Melbourne mostly because it fitted in with our other appliances.
It looks very smart and is extremely easy to wipe down.
I pretty much only ever use a microwave to reheat cold coffee or the occasional plate of dinner and I can report it does this job admirably!
It sit's there looking nice in the kitchen and I am happy with it.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Hector, Thank you for your feedback. Have a wonderful day!

Lee

LeeSydney

After minimal use arched where label was inside door

Have always bought Sharp microwaves this one was extremely disappointing. Silver product label just inside door started to melt and then caused arching . After that incident more arching happened , too dangerous to use . Will not ever purchase again only had this one for 16 mths and only use to reheat foods .

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Lee, we appreciate the feedback and would like to investigate the issue. Could you please send us your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au,a member of our team will assist you.

Silby

Silbyasked

What is the quietest and most reliable in the larger capacity microwaves (35 to 45 ltr)?

Hi Silby,

Thank you for your question. In regards to your question, we encourage you to contact our customer care team by phone on 1300 135 022, our customer care team will be able to assist with your question.

Kind regards,

Sandyk

Sandykasked

Hi
Can I turn off the unnecessary second beep after cooking? We are finding if very annoying. Also just used timer for 15min and it was done in 5min. Can we adjust the timer? I have used sensor for defrosting and it almost melted my tupperware microwave container which I had to throw out the lid as it is now warped. The heat in the whole microwave just seems too hot after the previous microwave and after reading the reviews it seems it could be a problem. Can we turn it down?

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

Thank you for your question. We encourage you to contact Customer Care either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this question with your CRN 504982, so that a member of our team can troubleshoot accordingly and assist in achieving a resolution for you.

Kind Regards,

Cath H

Cath Hasked

Hello!
Our Sharp R-350Y is just over a year old and has died (as if power is off but have checked socket, power supply, etc. and all fine). Is there anything we can do? Seems to be a common issue with this model.
Catherine

Hi Cath,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you raising this matter with Sharp, and we would like to help resolve the situation in regards to your microwave issue. Could you please email us your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au, mentioning this CRN 495472, so that a member of our team can assist and work towards achieving a satisfactory resolution for you.

Kind Regards,
Sharp Australia

Get an answer from our members and Sharp representatives

CategoryMicrowaves