Sharp R350YS (Silver)

Sharp R350YS (Silver) (page 3 of 6)

MPN: R350YS

AvalonSouth Australia, Australia

This is the best microwave I’ve ever purchased

This microwave does everything I need it to do. My favourite aspect is the cooling down feature as I think it preserves the life of the machine. This is the first inverter microwave I have purchased & I can’t believe how evenly it reheats or cooks food & defrosting bread rolls. It’s a good size & keeping it clean is a pleasure. You don’t forget that you have something in it because it reminds you that you haven’t opened the door - I just haven’t checked out how many times it does it yet. 3 is the most reminders I’ve needed.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

You're most welcome.

Mal

MalWANTIRNA SOUTH

Reasonable product

Sharp microwave is a simple yet easy to use product. The color matches my other white goods in the kitchen and this is simple to clean bu using the same detergent. The color stay shining and none dust collection is easy to clran and maintain. Very happy to use it.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

KINGYWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Good Microwave, But!!!

Our second sharp microwave in the last 10 yrs(among others) This was a great microwave and worked better than most, was simple to use and we were very pleased with it. However after a period of time parts of the display started disappearing and got worse and worse until it completely disappeared, microwave still works fine, you just don't know what it is doing, and strangely enough this is exactly what happened to the other sharp microwave we owned.
SO COME ON SHARP!!!!! Get your act together.

Date PurchasedJan 2013

Josh

JoshMelbourne

Poor durability

I've owned this Microwave for about a year and a half now. I noticed after about 12 months it started to do 'funny' things. Sometimes the turntable would refuse to spin for no good reason, sometimes the button presses wouldnt register. By now after 18 months or so, I can only open the door if i press the button, hold it in with one and and then yank the door open with my other hand. it still seems to cook OK, but it's definitely not built to last.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Danny

DannyPerth

Simple and works

Not many of us are looking for a high end "top of the line" microwave, and this is nothing special. I never needed a manual to use it, very straight forward. As for aesthetical appearance it blends in well to most kitchens. It is a very basic kitchen appliance and I have not had a problem with it in 4 years. It is not overly expensive either. I would recommend this product

Date PurchasedJan 2014
angus

angus

Safe with Sharp

we always use Sharp microwave. the price is reasonable. it serves us well.
easy to use. instructions easy to follow.
use the microwave mainly for warming food. occasionally use it for cooking. visitors to the kitchen have no problem using it. nothing fancy
happy with it.
would recommend to friends

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Leigh

LeighCentral Queensland, QLD

My microwave is the best

Its the best and the cheapest. This is the only microwave ive ever owned that hasn't begun to play all sorts of funky tricks after time. Be careful not to slam the door tho as it smashes the catch. Doesn't happen if you never slam the door. So for the price, the reliability and the efficiency this is the best of the best!

Date PurchasedMay 2014
Nettie

NettieMelbourne

So disappointed

The inside of my door has also melted and become stuck to the inside frame of the microwave!! Reading other reviews I can see that it seems to be a regular occurrence with this model. My previous Sharp microwave,which I had for close to 20 years, never gave me any trouble and was still working well when I replaced it with this one. I don't use it everyday so I'm very disappointed that something like this can happen to something that is used sparingly. My daughter also bought the same microwave 12 months ago because of my recommendation but I have now warned her to keep watch when she is using hers.

Date PurchasedJul 2014
Sharp A.Sharp

Works great and easy but broken second time around

Purchased 2.5 yrs ago, the first one died within warranty and it was replaced at the store, now the 2nd has stopped heating and making a buzzing/clicking sound. Sorry but 2 to die in 2.5yrs is crazy. Unfortunately doubt in your mind over this and probably wouldnt consider buying Sharp again.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Dr.

Dr.Queensland, 4215

Reliable as ever

Replacing an older Sharp unit that lasted 20 years. Had to go another Sharp product. So glad I did. Have had this one for over a year with daily use. The powerful 1200 watt unit cooks and defrosts very quickly. Plenty of easy to use presets. Nice build and aesthetically pleasing in the stainless steel.

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Marion

MarionSydney

Great micowave when it worked

This Sharp 1200W inverter microwave is easy to use and I liked using it.
But after only 2 years it just died one morning!
We did use it regularly but the expectation is that an item like a microwave should last more than 2 years.

Disappointed

Second Sharp R350YS that has stopped working just out of warranty. Purchased for size and power plus ease of use which has been great. Must now consider what to buy given Sharp doesn’t last. Really disappointed plus I’m concerned about the environmental impact with so many appliances uneconomical to repair.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Greg R
Greg R
Moana

MoanaHamilton valley

It is ok for general use

This microwave will heat simple food but do not reccomend for full cooking. It is easy to use and quiet when in use. It is sturdy but the inside of the microwave can appear dirty/off white sometimes. I am dissatisfied with the price and do not feel that there are enough good features to make it worthwhile.

Date PurchasedJan 2007
george6750

george6750Caboolture

I say thankyou every time I use it

Delighted with this unit. So simple to use and fast compared with the previous rubbish Westinghouse microwave with fixed stainless steel surround. Sharpy looks good even without a surround. Menus and features are simple to use- really excellent and well built. Can't understand why so many other manufacturers can't design a comparable unit.
Although the previous microwave had no fault apart from being difficult to use and extremely slow it has been relegated to the loft.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Alysha

AlyshaMelbourne

We use this maybe 2 times a week, and so far no problems!

This microwave has served us well- we use it maybe 2 or 3 times a week to reheat or defrost food and it works well.

The defrost function is great, allowing you to program easily the weight of food you are defrosting to make sure it doesn't over heat.

As far as function goes, it's very easy to use, and doesn't take up our whole bench-top.

My only problem is that the interior is quit small, meaning larger dinner plates do not fit in it to reheat meals.

I can recommend this product to those living in appartments or small spaces.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Chris

Chris

Don't waste your money!!

This microwave worked fine until about 15 months after purchase when it just stopped heating. Sharp paid for the repair which was great, but 20 months later the unit has completely stopped working and Sharp will not cover any costs. We had a cheaper microwave that lasted 13 years before this one... don't waste your money!! Will never buy a Sharp microwave again.

Date PurchasedJul 2014
Jordan

JordanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to use with good performance

This model has lots of useful options on the Control pad like a variety of quick select time periods. if you click a button and don't quite get what you want, there are 'up' and 'down' buttons to vary the time. It is very quiet in operation and seamless in lower power settings because of the inverter. The opening button for the door is smooth, not jerky as is the closing of the door a gentle process. The operating of the microwave seems very efficient and the appearance is modern and pleasant while the internal viewing is clear because there is a decent light and the colouring inside is white. It comes with a useful operation manual and recipe book. Microwave cooking these days is much better than it used to be with a model like this one.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Thelma T

Thelma TSydney

Great product very powerful

We purchased the Sharp R350 ys in replacement of our old samsung one. We are so happy with this one, wish we made the switch earlier. It really saved up time.Also the 1200 watts makes it quite efficient comparing with the LG one at work.
As the cook of the house, I personally recommend it.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Kel

KelBrisbane

Waste of money

Bought this microwave end of April 2016. I had had a sharp that had lasted many years. We use the microwave for mainly reheating food. About 6 wks ago it occasionally made a noise while microwaving butter. Had to stop using it a month ago as the noise was constant and I was worried it would catch fire. I have just rung sharp but have been told it only had a year warranty.
Not very happy with this product.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
DiLo

DiLoPomona

Poor follow up after enquiry

I purchased the microwave after Choice had reviewed it and had recommended it. I bought it in late may 2016 from Masters which was later to close down. After 11 months the interior light stopped working and I noted that it was still under warranty. It is awkward to use without the light coming on when in use. I emailed an enquiry to Sharp in early June about the matter. I have NOT had any response. It seems that customer service went out the door. I am very dissatisfied with SHARP service.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Silby

Silbyasked

R350YS (Silver)

What is the quietest and most reliable in the larger capacity microwaves (35 to 45 ltr)?

Hi Silby,

Thank you for your question. In regards to your question, we encourage you to contact our customer care team by phone on 1300 135 022, our customer care team will be able to assist with your question.

Kind regards,

Sandyk

Sandykasked

Hi
Can I turn off the unnecessary second beep after cooking? We are finding if very annoying. Also just used timer for 15min and it was done in 5min. Can we adjust the timer? I have used sensor for defrosting and it almost melted my tupperware microwave container which I had to throw out the lid as it is now warped. The heat in the whole microwave just seems too hot after the previous microwave and after reading the reviews it seems it could be a problem. Can we turn it down?

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

Thank you for your question. We encourage you to contact Customer Care either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this question with your CRN 504982, so that a member of our team can troubleshoot accordingly and assist in achieving a resolution for you.

Kind Regards,

Cath H

Cath Hasked

Hello!
Our Sharp R-350Y is just over a year old and has died (as if power is off but have checked socket, power supply, etc. and all fine). Is there anything we can do? Seems to be a common issue with this model.
Catherine

Hi Cath,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you raising this matter with Sharp, and we would like to help resolve the situation in regards to your microwave issue. Could you please email us your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au, mentioning this CRN 495472, so that a member of our team can assist and work towards achieving a satisfactory resolution for you.

Kind Regards,
Sharp Australia

Get an answer from our members and Sharp representatives