MPNs: 35904364 and R350YW

Brilliant, but died after 2 years and 1 week.

This was a brilliant and reliable microwave, however this morning it has started to make a unusual sound, and not heating. We haven't moved the unit, or used incorrectly so quite disappointed.
Aesthetically pleasing, and easy to clean and maintain - the unit still looks brand new. Average use of 2 minutes per day.
We have always had Sharp Microwaves, with each unit lasting for at least 7 years. Given the warranty is for 12 months, and we only paid $219 two years ago, I do not believe it will be cost effective to repair, but have sent an enquiry to Sharp - before it goes to landfill.

Purchased in August 2017 at The Good Guys Physical store for $219.00.

Excellent microwave!

Very well designed. Nice white display panel and led interior light. Heats food up perfectly.

I'm a resident Product Review user so rest assured I'll update this review if anything changes

Purchased in August 2019 for $199.00.

Noise Level
Hi, thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience your feedback has been logged.

Was great while it lasted

I bought a Sharp Microwave for their great features and relatively simple to use functions. But above all I bought it as I had one previously for around 15 years and it was still working fine when I decided to upgrade. Unfortunately it would appear this model is not so reliable, only lasting 2 years and 4 months. It suddenly just stopped heating, everything else works, just no heat at all.

I have lodged a complaint with Sharp so I'll see how they handle this and will provide further feedback on this review.

Purchased in January 2017 at The Good Guys for $197.00.

Noise Level
Just a follow up on my experience with Sharp customer service. After submitting my complaint I am happy to say they handled the situation extremely well. They took my concerns seriously and gave me the steps I needed to follow to make an out of warranty claim, and in the end, Sharp agreed that it was a manufactoring fault and repaired my microwave free of charge. Thanks Sharp, hopefully it will last a lot longer with the new part.Hi Slick, thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience your feedback has been logged. Have a good day

Worked well but didn't last long

The first one we bought lasted 8 years so we thought we would get the same. But this one last 4 years. No longer heats up food but everything else works. This really is a throw away society they aren't built to last more than a few years which is sad.

Purchased in December 2015 at The Good Guys for $190.00.

Noise Level

This model seems to have a Major issue

This is my second Sharp microwave purchased on 28 February 2018.
Yesterday 24 January 2019, 11 months after purchase, set for 10 seconds, making a clicking noise, did not heat, then it tripped the powerboard/circuit breaker and died....nothing.
After several phone calls I contacted an authorised repair centre to organise a repair. If it is a manufacturing product problem supposedly covered under warranty, if non manufacturing problem I have to pay the authorised repair centre a $77 inspection fee + whatever to repair.

Most definitely will not purchase Sharp microwaves again.
Seems like this particular model has a major issue Sharp

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Not happy

Our microwave died tonight after random issues where it wouldn’t heat properly. Used less than two years. Spent more money on what I thought was a good brand. Now reading these reviews I understand otherwise :(
The same model at my workplace has also been replaced numerous times. Very disappointed.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi Sel, we appreciate the time you have taken to provide feedback. For support, feel free to send through your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au referencing this review, where our customer care team will be able to troubleshoot and assist you accordingly.

Stopped working after two and a half years

We purchased the Sharp R350YW from JB HiFi. This week, after 2.5 years, it suddenly started making concerning, loud noises. We were afraid to use it. Very unhappy. Our previous microwaves have lasted for many years. Would like to check if the manufacturer can repair or replace it. Thank you.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Hi Ross, thank you for your time in providing feedback. If you could please send us your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au referencing this review, our customer care team will be able to troubleshoot and assist you accordingly.I had several email contacts with Sharp who insisted that I have a formal inspection of the product by a "Sharp approved service agent". They would pay if there was a "manufacturing problem" (unspecified), otherwise I would have to pay between $75 and $150. I decided not to drive across town to throw good money after bad and took it to the tip. I have bought another brand.Hi Ross, we are disappointed to hear of the outcome but thank you for your feedback which we have passed on for review. Thank you.

Not that good

Need quite a bit of time to make food hot even i set that as high, the cool down function is useless and it is not easy to use as there are a lot of functions, the noise annoys me a bit while i am using it.
It does the job overall but it makes me a little bit disappointed as it’s a big brand.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Dear customer, thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass the issue on to our product team for their review. If you would still like us to contact you to assist, please send us your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au referencing this feedback.

Poor Quality..not recommended

Got an expensive sharp microwave. Sadly didn't last even for 3 years. Smelled something burning and asked a quote to repair but the quote was more then the price of the Microwave, so had to dump it into recycle tip.
Its better to buy cheap ones so it doesn't pinch if its conks off!

Date PurchasedNov 2014
Hi Gautam, thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass the issue on to our product team for their review.

Powerful model works well

Got a reconditioned one off eBay and it's going great guns. Its quite powerful (950 watts) and the thing I really like about it is that is cooks and defrosts very evenly. Its an inverter style microwave so I guess this is the difference. It's very simple and obvious to operate and looks sharp too.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Dear customer, thank you for your feedback. We will pass it on to the product managers. Have a great day!

Not a good choice

Doesn’t seem to get hot even on high can only add time not opt for less time defrost is terrible old model very good this one terrible wouldn’t recommend it and won’t buy sharp again only had it 5 weeks already thinking of replacing it waste of money Very disappointed

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi Roz, Thank you for your time in providing feedback. If you could please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this review, a member of our team can assist you.

Short life for my second Sharp Carousel microwave oven!

My first Sharp microwave was easy to use and gave long service, so we replaced it with this model. Now, August 2018, it's stopped heating. Were told replacement part costs more than new oven! A much older model from our shack still works well, but can I trust another Sharp?

Date PurchasedJun 2013
Hi Annie, Thank you for your time and patience. We appreciate you raising this matter with Sharp, and we would like to help resolve the situation in regards to your microwave issue. Could you please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this review? Our team can assist and work towards achieving a satisfactory resolution for you.

Not as good as previous

My last Sharp Carousel died , it was about 11 years old.
It was great so I thought I would stick with Sharp.
It does it's job but I am not very thrilled with it. It is very clunky.
When used for more than 8 minutes, the inside it dripping with condensation and get extremely hot. It is in a correctly ventilated area.
Retailer said that was normal, well I have never experienced it in 50 years, and to basically suck it up.
Hard to get used to the 'cool down' feature, which doesn't really cool anything down.
It's VERY noisy.

I would not get the same one again.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Jodie, Thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass the issue on to our product team for their review.

Works fine!

It was a bit hard to grasp how exactly to use it because there were many functions, however, once we got the hold of it it became a household necessity. It serves its function well and heats up food wonderfully. It has been working for a long time and shows no problem at all so far.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hi Trinity, Thank you for your time in providing feedback. We are glad that you enjoy using the microwave. Have a good day.

Initially very disappointed

We have had Sharp microwaves before and were pleased with them. We have been happy with this one until it died 6 weeks out of warranty . We were very disappointed and looked possible replacements. I decided to speak to Sharp consumer care and they have been most helpful and are assessing my microwave to fix it for me.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Hi Warren, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are glad that your issue has been resolved. Have a good day.

My one is fine!

I see a lot of reviews here saying they have had trouble with this model but we have had a perfect run. No problems at all - OK the number pad is a little scuffed but no big deal. Maybe I got a "good" one? I actually like the way this runs and use it nearly every day - mostly just to reheat food so for short time periods. Sharp is a good brand and this works just I would expect it too.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi Bilby, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are glad that you enjoy using the microwave. Have a good day.

Have always had Sharp Carousel in family - but now will never buy Sharp again

Let me be clear, when this microwave is working, it is a fantastic microwave. But I have now been through 3 of them - over the course of the last 4 years. They seem to choose every year to blow up and I am fed up with Sharp. The last time I had it repaired - blew an inverter, cost the same - actually $5 more than a new one. Will have to try another make now. Bye Sharp - I can't afford to buy a new Micro every year, I have had enough now!

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Dear Customer, we are sorry to hear about the situation. Thank you for your time in providing feedback.

Works fine

Bought this a few months ago. I just use it to reheat things etc. Does the job well. The only thing I don't like is that the panel is covered in some sort of clear seal and on the clear button it has bunched up a bit. It doesn't affect the use of the microwave, but takes the shine off looking like a new appliance.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Dear customer, thank you for your feedback. Are you able to check if the clear protective film is still on the control panel? This can easily be removed if you carefully peel it off. If you have further issues, please feel free to contact us. Have a good day.

Microwave

I love the microwave i have it works really well. Easy to use. Its good when you want to operate its good when you want to defrost food and very easy to clean. I only one brand. I like the brand kambook but want buy any other brands because i wont by any other brand

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Great Edition

Happy with this purchase. It has loads of features easy to use great pre programmed menus. The sensor cook is something I never had in my old microwave and it’s unreal. Extremely powerful. I purchased this on sale So was a great price. Only dampener is its pretty blan to look at.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Ferrett, Thank you for the wonderful feedback. It is always great to get feedback from customers. Have a good day.