Sharp R350YW (White)

MPNs: 35904364 and R350YW

25 questions from our users

Lyn

Lynasked

How do I set the clock on my Sharp R350YW Microwave?

Pamela D

Pamela Dasked

How many litres?

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Pamela, thank you for your interest. We encourage you to contact our customer care at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this question. They will assist you accordingly.

sue.lesmond

sue.lesmondasked

My sharp invertor microwave is only 4 months old and the light globe has blown.I can't work out how to access the globe in order to replace it.Any ideas?

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Sue, we have responded to your question as well in the other post. We encourage you to contact our Customer Care team either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this issue. Our customer care team will contact you to assist accordingly.

Zouki

Zoukiasked

Hi ,
I washed my Microwave inside with wather and dish soap, then I heard a big noise !
The microwave doesnt work anymore ! Do you think its the fuse ?
Myriam

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Zouki, Thank you for your question. We encourage you to contact Customer Care either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this question so that our team can troubleshoot and assist in resolving the matter.

Dawn

Dawnasked

My door has a scorch mark on it, is it dangerous to use? The white around the interior of the door is scorched, and where it connects on the door is also scorched.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Dawn, If you could please send your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au,our team will assist you accordingly.

Steve
Steve

That sounds like something that's worth getting a technician to check out. Also to make sure that it will still function as intended

Noel D

Noel Dasked

The outside body gets too hot to touch. Should we return for repair? Only 6 months old. Thanks.

Lee-Ann Stevens

Have you phoned the store where you made the purchase? I would suggest doing that first as your microwave would be under warranty.

Hi Noel,

We are concerned to hear of your experience and would like to investigate. If you could please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this CRN 533798, a member of our team can assist and work towards achieving a satisfactory resolution for you.

Julieasked

I'm really struggling with this microwave, whenever I try to heat up a serve of lasagna, I cover the plate with gladwrap and today gave it 1 minute on 2 power and once again the gladwrap ends up melting into the food, I can't tell what is sauce and what is plastic. A cup of milk either scalds or needs a couple of goes, help. I just can't seem to get it right. What am I doing wrong?

george6750
george6750

Try the "reheat dinner plate" setting and cover with a paper towel, not gladwrap.Perhaps the "reheat soup" setting will help with the milk problem.
Hope this helps.

Hi Julie,

Thank you for contacting us. If you could please send your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au, our customer care team will be able to assist and guide you accordingly.

Julie

Okay if I cover with a paper towel then I lose the sauce, the paper towel will soak it up. I did try however putting paper towel over the gladwrap, and did use the dinner plate setting but still had nuked gladwrap.

Tess

Tessasked

Why do microwaves need a cooling down time when something is only heated for 10 seconds. It takes 3 times as long to cool down than to heat up. This was never needed tears ago.

Busy Mum
Busy Mum

Thanks for your question Tess. I don't know. It seems to be something to do with the inverter technology. Although my last Panasonic microwave had inverter technology and it didn't cool down. The Panasonic lasted about 10 years. It still goes, but the door latch broke. A few people on this forum have been complaining about their machines burning. Perhaps the inverter technology gets hot and this is the manufacturer's attempt to avert this.

Hi Tess,

Bilby
Bilby

I would treat it as a safety feature in that it allows the food to settle a little first before a person takes it out to eat. On a lot of microwave dinners it recommends not pulling away the plastic for a minute or two before opening (don't ask me how I know that) : P

Zell

Zellasked

how do I turn the cooling off?

Flower
Flower

Sorry - I don't know!

Hi Zell,

In regards to your question, all Convection and Inverter Microwave Ovens have the cool down function to ensure longevity of the Convection/Inverter components. Hence, you will not be able to turn off the cooling function.

Lee-Ann Stevens

Why would you want to turn the cooling function off?

Anth

Anthasked

Why does the Microwave have a 30 Sec instant cook start button like 95 % of micro Wave have just to heat soap or Cereal, 1Min is to long and will almost boil the cereal, I can always press the button twice if I wanted a high powered minute? Very annoying without the 30 sec option

from Anth

Hi Anth,

Thank you for your question. All Sharp Microwaves instant cook settings have been programmed to automatically heat for 1 minute at high. As this is programmed into the microwave, you will need to manually set a time for 30 seconds.

Gaurav

Can you please tell instructions to change the time from 1 minute to 30 seconds for instant cook setting. I went through manual online and couldn’t figure out that steps involved. Your help would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Cheryl62

Cheryl62asked

My microwave shows nothing on the display panels It only works on instant heat Do you think it is broke?

Dear Cheryl,

Avalon
Avalon

Press Info/Timer above the START button & follow the prompts. Sometimes pressing STOP/CLEAR first is a good idea.

DebraWasked

I have just purchased this microwave and I think I must be using it incorrectly? The time for cooking different foods seems to quick ? If I put in 90:00 it like its only 9 minutes long and the food is not heating, I think selected "Hard Vegetables" to cook some Broccoli and it came out uncooked.....what am I doing wrong ??

Hi Debra,

Thank you for your question. It sounds like your microwave may be in “Demonstration Mode”, page 19 of your operation manual will provide details turn this mode off. If you have misplaced yours, you can obtain the operation manual at http://support.sharp.net.au/downloads/opmanuals/R350Yom.pdf. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at ccare@sharp.net.au.

DebraW

I have just been back to Harvey Norman's where I purchased the microwave and have been told it was "Dead On Arrival" and that is why the timer was not working correctly. They will replace the microwave immediately.

cris

crisasked

Hello there,
I have this Microwave just past one year and the in line fuse gave up. Just want to inquire where to buy replacement fuse?
Thanks,
Cris

Hi Cris,

Could you please send us your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au? Please mention CRN 509195 in the email, so a member of our team can assist you.

Hi Chris

No I'm sorry I don't know.
I don't even know if the fuses can be replaced.
I assume Sharp Customer Care will be able to tell you that.
Sorry I can't be of more help.

Regards

Beksta
Beksta

Jaycar have all the fuses you require... Beksta

jb16

jb16asked

what is an inverter on microwave and what does it do ?

Philip
Philip

It increases the power of electricity I believe

Hi jb16,

Thank you for your question. If you could please send your contact details through email to ccare@sharp.net.au, a member of our Customer Care team can assist and answer your questions accordingly.

pricey74

pricey74asked

I previously had a sharp carousel which lasted almost 15 years so decided to purchase the newer model as a replacement. Definitely not the same quality!! I bought the new model 18 months or so ago and noticed a mark inside the panel where the door closes. I thought it was a small paint chip so didn't think too much more about it, but now have noticed it is actually a burn mark and the inside of the door is melting so obviously it's not safe. Also I've noticed sometimes the food comes out super hot and other times it's lukewarm. The door also has a crack in it along the bottom and the top inside panel is blistering. Most disappointed as I was adamant I was buying a superior quality product. Is there any way of getting a replacement?

Cate
Cate

I'm afraid I can't help you with that, Pricey74 - I am just a consumer who bought a microwave! I think you meant to post your question to Sharp, but it has come to me. Cheers!

Hi Pricey74,

We are concerned to hear of your experience and would like to investigate. If you could please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this CRN 507367, a member of our team can assist and work towards achieving a satisfactory resolution for you.

Hi Pricey74,

We are following up on your case as Customer Care has not received contact from you. If you wish to obtain support, please do not hesitate to contact us via the details provided above.

Lou

Louasked

I have R350YW that is 1 year and 17 days old! It have died! How much warranty has it got?

arnaud
arnaud

Unless you took out extra warranty, i believe it's 12 months for manufacturers warranty. Check your receipt or ask the shop where you bought it

Hi Lou,

Thank you for your question. We encourage you to contact Customer Care either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this question with your CRN 505847, so that a member of our team can troubleshoot accordingly and assist in achieving a resolution for you.

gazzav
gazzav

12 months Manufacturer's Warranty but lot longer under Australian Consumer Laws. If they don't come to the party under reasonable use then contact your state Consumer Authority or ACCC.

AnonyMouseasked

Well, looks like I really stuffed up. I bought one of these this morning for my elderly mother to replace a Panasonic which gave up the ghost Saturday night mid-use. In-store alongside the others this Sharp looked to be just the thing for her. Then after I get it set up, I find this webpage and all the horrible reviews. I'm not concerned with it quitting after a couple of years; nothing lasts 20 years anymore. If she gets 2 or 3 years I'll be happy, but going by the number of critical reviews here the chances of that happening are low.

But, let's try a question anyway. Given her age (99 years) mum is a bit past cooking meals and relies heavily on complete & balanced frozen dinners from Gourmet Meals on the Gold Coast (gourmetmeals.com.au). With her old Panasonic she would just press a button marked "Auto Reheat (1-4 servings)" 3 times and the meal would be ready to eat.

Does the R350Y have a similar feature? The booklet doesn't mention how to handle frozen ready-to-eat meals.

Hi AnonyMouse,

Thank you for your question. We encourage you to contact Customer Care either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this Customer Reference Number 502886. A member of our team can troubleshoot accordingly and assist in achieving a resolution for you.

Bear

G'day Mouse, we never used many of the features on the Sharp. Mainly just the full power for reheating; although we did find the express defrost function useful. The Sharp does have a sensor reheat, this may be worht checking out; sorry I can't be more helpful. Btw, my 92 year old mother also has a Panasonic which has given her about 15 years reliable service - we noticed that the Sharp heats more rapidly than the Panasonic, she might need to be careful not to overheat until she becomes used to it. Also, if you press the Instant Cook/Start button (bottom right) the Sharp automatically runs at full power for 60 secs - press it three times and you get 3 mins (maybe try 2 due to the added power). I wish you well with your purchase.
Cheers

AnonyMouse

"... if you press the Instant Cook/Start button (bottom right) the Sharp automatically runs at full power for 60 secs ..."

Thanks Bear, that's handy to know. That's equivalent to the old Panasonic's "Quick Minute" button, which we missed, but the same feature is there after all.

Megan

Meganasked

How many litres is the 12kg microwave?

Rossco
Rossco

I don't know how many litres it is although it has a 320 mm rotating glass plate inside. Hope that helps. Ross

Hi Megan,

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately we do not measure the capacity of our Microwaves in litres, however due to the turntable size, this model would sit between 30L-35L. Please also keep in mind that this product is classified as a midsize microwave oven.

Darren Lake

Darren Lakeasked

Could please advise how many litres the Sharp R350YW?

Hi Darren,

Thank you for your question. We encourage you to contact our Customer Care team either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this question and CRN - 495387. A member of our team can troubleshoot accordingly and assist in achieving a resolution for you.

Cammo
Cammo

Our Sharp R350YW was 30 litres which was plenty big enough for two people. Not sure it would be big enough for a big family though. The glass turnstyle broke very early on (smashed when dropped to the floor) so rather than buying a new one we used a smaller turnstyle from my sisters old microwave so I guess it seemed smaller with the smaller glass turnstyle.

KJ Brown

KJ Brownasked

Is there any chance Sharp may fix or replace my oven purchased 30/06/2014 and has stopped working 12/11/2015 even though I did not get extended warranty?
Regards, Ken

Not Happy Jan
Not Happy Jan

Hi KJ Brown
You will have to contact Sharp, as I cannot talk for them, they have contacted me, but I was told I will have to take the oven to a register repair person with my prove of purchase, pay the repairer for looking at the oven and then he would send Sharp a report, as to the condition of the oven and then they would decided if they would approve the repairs and we were still within the warranty. We decided it was too much time and expense to us and they may not even approve the repairs, so we just brought a new oven (not a Sharp) so if you are out of warranty they may have a different process.
Good luck

Kaushal
Kaushal

Sharp customer service is ridiculous. They only provide robotic answers. No value of customer's sentiment. It is unlikely that you will get any positive response back. This model has very high failure/fault rate. It would be good idea to collect all necessary data and report it to ACCC.

Hi KJ Brown,

We appreciate you raising this matter and we would like to help resolve the situation in regards to your microwave issue. If you could please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing CRN – 491488, a member of our team can assist and work towards achieving a satisfactory resolution for you.

See all Sharp R350YW / R350YS questions

Get an answer from our members and Sharp representatives