Sharp R350YW (White)

Sharp R350YW (White) Questions & Answers (page 2 of 2)

MPNs: 35904364 and R350YW

25 questions from our users

Maurice Magneron

Maurice Magneronasked

R350YW (White)

Where can I buy a new roller stay for the microwave? i live in surfers paradise

Hi Maurice,

Thank you for your question. Please see the list of spare part distributors in this link - http://www.sharp.net.au/articles/support/customer-support/spare-parts-outlets/

Jan

Janasked

R350YW (White)

Sharp-r350yw is listed as discontinued at product review but it is still listed on sharp website and I ordered one today which is taking 2 weeks to come to store. Now that I have read these reviews not sure if I want it anymore. Bit disappointed considering we have used 3 sharps microwaves over last 30 years and i wanted a Sharp.

Disappointing as product seem to last les than 2 years at best, multiple people have had smoke coming out and multiple people have had issues with door.

Even if I get an extended warranty, who want to go to the service center multiple times and how do you live without a microwave for couple of days?

The other brands at product review also have bad review but not as bad as this model.

Sharp, have you addressed issues mentioned in this page with this model for the new units being manufactured?
Have you issues a recall for this model so people will not burn their house down?
If so, can you put a link so I know the issue has been addressed?

Hi Jan,

We are happy to hear that you have purchased our Sharp R350YW microwave as this model is currently one of Australia's top selling microwaves.

In regards to your concerns, this microwave is a high powered product, therefore it is essential that care is required during cooking. Please refer to the helpful hints information and cooking guides provided in the operation manual for instructions on how to safely cook, reheat and defrost your favourite foods.

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

blownoutasked

R350YW (White)

Hi I have just purchased one of these sharp R350YW microwaves to be delivered in July 2015. I chose Sharp as I have purchased other Sharp brand products before and been happy with the quality however I am now worried after reading the reviews here on this microwave that I have made a bad choice of product since not one review on here is positive, I'm also very worried now the product may cause a fire as has been the case in some of these reviews.
I'm sure many of these microwave ovens have been sold around the world yet there are only 20 or so bad reviews on here,
Is it just that there have been a few dodgy/ lemon microwaves and people are so annoyed that they write bad reviews and post them here or is it there is problems that effects all sharp R350YW microwaves?
what has sharp done apart from warranty to correct the problems with this range of microwaves?
Can I expect now that my new product will fail within a short period?
Thanks Paul

Sarah
Sarah

Hi Paul, we returned ours to the service centre as it had not even been used for a week. What they told us is that because it is a very powerful microwave if there isn't enough food in there it will look for the weakest spot to zap basically which is the door. I was sterilising bottles at the time, never had a problem before so I am still really disapppinted and suprised it happened. They did replace it with a new one as it was unrepairable and I do get nervous using the new one but so far so good. Hope this helps

Kitty
Kitty

Hi Paul, mine broke down about 6 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for it to come back! So after a dozen phone calls in that time, they still have not repaired it. Their customer service is very poor if the item does break down. I won't ever purchase a sharp product again.

blownout

Thanks Sarah & Kitty for posting replies I guess Ill just have to wait now and see how it performs

marsha43

marsha43asked

R350YW (White)

My neighbour has just moved, and has given me her Sharp Carousel Inverter Sensor 1200 watts white plastic microwave. I have set the clock ok, but when I wanted to just heat a cup of water for coffee, I pressed 1.40 then the start button. It started, but the timer just flew down to zero - probably took about 10 seconds. On my old microwave, 1.40 meant 1 minute 40 seconds. I have been googling, trying to get a manual for this model, as she did not have one to give me. Could you please tell me where and how I can get a manual to print out. The info panel inside the door says S/N 111220427. Using this info., can you tell me how old this machine is? My email addy, if you require to send me an email, is marfith@bigpond.com . Thanking you. Margaret

Hi Margaret,

We have passed your message on to Sharp Customer Care with the details provided and a member of our team will contact you.

Hi Margaret,

You can obtain the operation manual from Sharp's website at http://www.sharp.net.au/articles/support/customer-support/operation-manuals/. Also, just for your information that our customer care team is looking into this matter and your customer reference number is 472088.

Schaper.09
Schaper.09

Hello there.. I just purchased this same microwave, and the exact same problem is happening to me! I have the manual, but I still can't figure out what is wrong with it? How do I work this microwave!! Please Help

sashi.cuga.3

sashi.cuga.3asked

R350YW (White)

How do I turn off the (annoying) audible alarm sound after the food is ready?

Hi sashi.cuga.3,

Thank you for your query - we will check with the product manager as to whether this is possible for you, however unfortunately I don't believe it is. Will get back to you shortly.

Hi sashi.cuga.3,

In regards to your query, I have confirmed that the audible alarm cannot be disabled.

See all Sharp R350YW / R350YS questions

Get an answer from our members and Sharp representatives