MPNs: 35904364 and R350YW
See the Best Microwaves in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Sharp

billv53

Well my microwave joined the others. Failed after 2 yrs and 1 month.

Like others in the review the microwave lasted just over 2 years. Purchased Sharp after my previous second Panasonic failed, though they gave years of service. Liked the size of the unit and thought the cool down cycle would help in unit longevity. Extremely dissapointed as I thought Sharp were a leading brand. Will contact Sharp to see how I go as it is obviousl;y a common problem going via the reviews on this site.

Purchased in September 2017 at JB Hifi Home.

billv53

Sharp have agreed to fix under warranty.

Michael G.
Michael G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Stopped Working.

Looks good. Quiet. The cool down function gets annoying, but worst of all like the majority of other reviews, we hit the two year mark and suddenly it makes an unusual noise and no longer heats. I'll go back to Panasonic, lasted a lot longer. Sharp, prove me wrong!

Purchased in August 2017 at JB Hi-Fi for $189.00.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Michael, we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We encourage you to reach out to our Customer Care team at ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review for assistance.

Sel
SelMiami

Not happy

Our microwave died tonight after random issues where it wouldn’t heat properly. Used less than two years. Spent more money on what I thought was a good brand. Now reading these reviews I understand otherwise :(
The same model at my workplace has also been replaced numerous times. Very disappointed.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

RossCanberra

Stopped working after two and a half years

We purchased the Sharp R350YW from JB HiFi. This week, after 2.5 years, it suddenly started making concerning, loud noises. We were afraid to use it. Very unhappy. Our previous microwaves have lasted for many years. Would like to check if the manufacturer can repair or replace it. Thank you.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Ross, thank you for your time in providing feedback. If you could please send us your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au referencing this review, our customer care team will be able to troubleshoot and assist you accordingly.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Ross, we are disappointed to hear of the outcome but thank you for your feedback which we have passed on for review. Thank you.

Gautam Yasha
Gautam YashaPerth, WA

Poor Quality..not recommended

Got an expensive sharp microwave. Sadly didn't last even for 3 years. Smelled something burning and asked a quote to repair but the quote was more then the price of the Microwave, so had to dump it into recycle tip.
Its better to buy cheap ones so it doesn't pinch if its conks off!

Date PurchasedNov 2014
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Gautam, thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass the issue on to our product team for their review.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
mockjock
mockjockPERTH

Have always had Sharp Carousel in family - but now will never buy Sharp again

Let me be clear, when this microwave is working, it is a fantastic microwave. But I have now been through 3 of them - over the course of the last 4 years. They seem to choose every year to blow up and I am fed up with Sharp. The last time I had it repaired - blew an inverter, cost the same - actually $5 more than a new one. Will have to try another make now. Bye Sharp - I can't afford to buy a new Micro every year, I have had enough now!

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear Customer, we are sorry to hear about the situation. Thank you for your time in providing feedback.

Dont Buy

This is worst product i have ever purchase from Harvey Norman, I am not going to buy anything from SHARP , this microwave stopped working in its 13 months , out of warranty.Whats more should i say ,
its just fooling you , dont buy anything from SHARP, just worst product.

Date PurchasedJune 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Rahil, Thank you for your review. We have spoken to our Customer Care team and they would like to investigate the issue for you. Please send us your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au so they can assist you accordingly.

Samira
SamiraAustralian Capital Territory

Failed after just 1 month of use

This started off as a powerful microwave, needing half the time to heat food compared to my previous microwave. However, after a couple of weeks, the heating was uneven and unpredictable. On occasion, my mug of milk was cold even after 2 minutes of heating on full power.

And today - I was reheating leftovers and the microwave tripped my mains and has completely stopped working.
I has just been over a month since I bought the unit. I would not have expected for it to fail this early.

Very disappointed.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Tracey J
Tracey JVictoria

Door frame and sticker melted/burnt

Date PurchasedJune 2016

Very disappointed

Purchased 11/11/16. Returned for repairs: 30/10/17. It wasn't sent by retail store to the repairer until 15/11/17. Repairer wants $85 to get it fixed as they say it is out of warranty. BUT, it wasn't out of warranty when returned to retail store. Please help me get this solved for my friend who is an 80yr old lady, on her own. Kind Regards, Kim

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Kim
Kim

Burnt door

This was a great microwave until it burnt holes in the door and opposite it. The whole unit smells of burnt plastic and is a fire risk so I need to buy a new one which is very frustrating. I use it on a daily basis and had hoped it would last.

Date PurchasedMar 2013
Jippy
JippyMelbourne

Don't Bother !

don't bother with this one guys broke down after a few months and couldn't get it fixed or replaced under warrenty. How can sell these things and sleep at night? One day it's going fine then you go to use it and the screen won't light up, none of the buttons work, ended up on the back of the trailer off to the tip. AVOID!

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Earl HofertAdelaide

Takes the cake as the worst appliance I've ever bought

It lasted 7 weeks and then it stopped heating. It still seemed to work - all the lights came on, the tray would spin, it would make that humming sound... But it wasn't heating anything. I assumed I'd some how set the power level to 1 without realising, or I mean, I must have been doing something wrong, right? But no, this thing was just junk and lasted 7 weeks. You'd think Sharp would be embarrassed by this and would just hand me over a new microwave, but they insisted on trying to fix it which took them weeks and in that time I had no microwave. So, if you don't want a microwave at all, buy a Sharp brand microwave.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
HowardGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

RIP 5 Aug 2012 - 20 Jun 2017

I bought it in Aug 2012. It was okay for daily basic use. A bit noise and fan continued to run for 20 seconds after finishing heating. Somehow it was short circuit when it was heating milk on 20 Jun 2017. The short circuit disconnected electricity of entire house. It had a short life for 4 years and 10 month. I only used for heating up food/milk and average 5 mins usage everyday. I expected it to last 10 years for spending $200 on this oven, but the life is too short. Previous $50 oven from Kmart was last for 10 years. My company had 2 stainless Sharp 1200w microwave ovens and both were only last for 2 years. Never buy Sharp again.

Date PurchasedAug 2012
Howard

5 out of 5 for Sharp's customer service! The microwave oven was repaired by authorised repair centre and is fully functioning!

Mara
MaraTHORNLEIGH

Don't walk away from this MW. Better run!

Date PurchasedMar 2016