MPNs: 35904364 and R350YW

Microwaves Buying Guide

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

billv53

Well my microwave joined the others. Failed after 2 yrs and 1 month.

Like others in the review the microwave lasted just over 2 years. Purchased Sharp after my previous second Panasonic failed, though they gave years of service. Liked the size of the unit and thought the cool down cycle would help in unit longevity. Extremely dissapointed as I thought Sharp were a leading brand. Will contact Sharp to see how I go as it is obviousl;y a common problem going via the reviews on this site.

Purchased in September 2017 at JB Hifi Home.

billv53

Sharp have agreed to fix under warranty.

Michael G.

Michael G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Stopped Working.

Looks good. Quiet. The cool down function gets annoying, but worst of all like the majority of other reviews, we hit the two year mark and suddenly it makes an unusual noise and no longer heats. I'll go back to Panasonic, lasted a lot longer. Sharp, prove me wrong!

Purchased in August 2017 at JB Hi-Fi for $189.00.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Michael, we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We encourage you to reach out to our Customer Care team at ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review for assistance.

Naomi HGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Brilliant, but died after 2 years and 1 week.

This was a brilliant and reliable microwave, however this morning it has started to make a unusual sound, and not heating. We haven't moved the unit, or used incorrectly so quite disappointed.
Aesthetically pleasing, and easy to clean and maintain - the unit still looks brand new. Average use of 2 minutes per day.
We have always had Sharp Microwaves, with each unit lasting for at least 7 years. Given the warranty is for 12 months, and we only paid $219 two years ago, I do not believe it will be cost effective to repair, but have sent an enquiry to Sharp - before it goes to landfill.

Purchased in August 2017 at The Good Guys Physical store for $219.00.

Slick78Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Was great while it lasted

I bought a Sharp Microwave for their great features and relatively simple to use functions. But above all I bought it as I had one previously for around 15 years and it was still working fine when I decided to upgrade. Unfortunately it would appear this model is not so reliable, only lasting 2 years and 4 months. It suddenly just stopped heating, everything else works, just no heat at all.

I have lodged a complaint with Sharp so I'll see how they handle this and will provide further feedback on this review.

Purchased in January 2017 at The Good Guys for $197.00.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Slick, thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience your feedback has been logged. Have a good day

John13

John13Hunter Region, NSW

Worked well but didn't last long

The first one we bought lasted 8 years so we thought we would get the same. But this one last 4 years. No longer heats up food but everything else works. This really is a throw away society they aren't built to last more than a few years which is sad.

Purchased in December 2015 at The Good Guys for $190.00.

inconsistent

inconsistentWINSTON HILLS

This model seems to have a Major issue

This is my second Sharp microwave purchased on 28 February 2018.
Yesterday 24 January 2019, 11 months after purchase, set for 10 seconds, making a clicking noise, did not heat, then it tripped the powerboard/circuit breaker and died....nothing.
After several phone calls I contacted an authorised repair centre to organise a repair. If it is a manufacturing product problem supposedly covered under warranty, if non manufacturing problem I have to pay the authorised repair centre a $77 inspection fee + whatever to repair.

Most definitely will not purchase Sharp microwaves again.
Seems like this particular model has a major issue Sharp

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Sel

SelMiami

Not happy

Our microwave died tonight after random issues where it wouldn’t heat properly. Used less than two years. Spent more money on what I thought was a good brand. Now reading these reviews I understand otherwise :(
The same model at my workplace has also been replaced numerous times. Very disappointed.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

RossCanberra

Stopped working after two and a half years

We purchased the Sharp R350YW from JB HiFi. This week, after 2.5 years, it suddenly started making concerning, loud noises. We were afraid to use it. Very unhappy. Our previous microwaves have lasted for many years. Would like to check if the manufacturer can repair or replace it. Thank you.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Ross, thank you for your time in providing feedback. If you could please send us your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au referencing this review, our customer care team will be able to troubleshoot and assist you accordingly.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Ross, we are disappointed to hear of the outcome but thank you for your feedback which we have passed on for review. Thank you.

Gautam Yasha

Gautam YashaPerth

Poor Quality..not recommended

Got an expensive sharp microwave. Sadly didn't last even for 3 years. Smelled something burning and asked a quote to repair but the quote was more then the price of the Microwave, so had to dump it into recycle tip.
Its better to buy cheap ones so it doesn't pinch if its conks off!

Date PurchasedNov 2014
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Gautam, thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass the issue on to our product team for their review.

Not a good choice

Doesn’t seem to get hot even on high can only add time not opt for less time defrost is terrible old model very good this one terrible wouldn’t recommend it and won’t buy sharp again only had it 5 weeks already thinking of replacing it waste of money Very disappointed

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Roz, Thank you for your time in providing feedback. If you could please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this review, a member of our team can assist you.

mockjock

mockjockPERTH

Have always had Sharp Carousel in family - but now will never buy Sharp again

Let me be clear, when this microwave is working, it is a fantastic microwave. But I have now been through 3 of them - over the course of the last 4 years. They seem to choose every year to blow up and I am fed up with Sharp. The last time I had it repaired - blew an inverter, cost the same - actually $5 more than a new one. Will have to try another make now. Bye Sharp - I can't afford to buy a new Micro every year, I have had enough now!

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear Customer, we are sorry to hear about the situation. Thank you for your time in providing feedback.

Dont Buy

This is worst product i have ever purchase from Harvey Norman, I am not going to buy anything from SHARP , this microwave stopped working in its 13 months , out of warranty.Whats more should i say ,
its just fooling you , dont buy anything from SHARP, just worst product.

Date PurchasedJune 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Rahil, Thank you for your review. We have spoken to our Customer Care team and they would like to investigate the issue for you. Please send us your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au so they can assist you accordingly.

Faulty after 18 months

Microwave worked really well until recently. It makes all the microwave noises and turned the plate but it only heated the food 3 out of 4 times. I could live with that, but today I noticed a burning smell and now the front part of the microwave has burnt through the paint coat and so can't use it anymore without setting my food or apartment on fire, wisely I have chosen to not risk it. My last microwave lasted 8 years so this is rather underwhelming.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Jana

Jana

Really crap

When I first bought it i thought it will turn out alright. The reviews seemed alright as well. Luckily i bought an extended warranty because it literally lasted less than two years and eachbofbthe times I bought it I managed to stuff up before the warranty even expired. Overall wouldn't recommend.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Samira

SamiraAustralian Capital Territory

Failed after just 1 month of use

This started off as a powerful microwave, needing half the time to heat food compared to my previous microwave. However, after a couple of weeks, the heating was uneven and unpredictable. On occasion, my mug of milk was cold even after 2 minutes of heating on full power.

And today - I was reheating leftovers and the microwave tripped my mains and has completely stopped working.
I has just been over a month since I bought the unit. I would not have expected for it to fail this early.

Very disappointed.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Tracey J

Tracey JVictoria

Door frame and sticker melted/burnt

Date PurchasedJune 2016

Very disappointed

Purchased 11/11/16. Returned for repairs: 30/10/17. It wasn't sent by retail store to the repairer until 15/11/17. Repairer wants $85 to get it fixed as they say it is out of warranty. BUT, it wasn't out of warranty when returned to retail store. Please help me get this solved for my friend who is an 80yr old lady, on her own. Kind Regards, Kim

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Kim
Kim

Busy Mum

The most annoying appliance I have ever bought

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Dear Sharp Australia,
Thanks for your prompt reply. I will send you an email shortly.
Kind regards

Laura S

Laura SOrange

Only lasted 2 years

I bought this microwave a bit over 2 years ago and paid more for it thinking it would be of good quality and would last a lot longer than it did. The black coating on the inside of the door melted as well as on the microwave where the door sits which exposed the metal and has caused the microwave to smoke and emit sparks. Won't be buying this one again

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Do not buy

The Microwave works well although I always thought it was very noisy. It continues make noise well after the cooking process. The bad thing is that my first one blew up in the warranty period. The second one stopped working today outside the warranty period. Two in 3 years. Avoid buying the microwave.

Date PurchasedMay 2014
Tony

Sharp Customer care contacted me for this out of warranty product. I could not fault their service and the outcome is a very positive result for me. Thank you Sharp.