MPNs: 35904364 and R350YW

Buying Guide Banner

Leigh

LeighMid North Coast, NSW

Super..but died to soon

Great product and value. Until a few months ago started buzzing and eventually sparks from inside and died. Last Sharp microwave gave me 23 years. This only max 4. Disappointed

Purchased at Harvey Norman Retail Stores for $249.00.

billv53

Well my microwave joined the others. Failed after 2 yrs and 1 month.

Like others in the review the microwave lasted just over 2 years. Purchased Sharp after my previous second Panasonic failed, though they gave years of service. Liked the size of the unit and thought the cool down cycle would help in unit longevity. Extremely dissapointed as I thought Sharp were a leading brand. Will contact Sharp to see how I go as it is obviousl;y a common problem going via the reviews on this site.

Purchased in September 2017 at JB Hifi Home.

billv53

Sharp have agreed to fix under warranty.

Michael G.

Michael G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Stopped Working.

Looks good. Quiet. The cool down function gets annoying, but worst of all like the majority of other reviews, we hit the two year mark and suddenly it makes an unusual noise and no longer heats. I'll go back to Panasonic, lasted a lot longer. Sharp, prove me wrong!

Purchased in August 2017 at JB Hi-Fi for $189.00.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Michael, we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We encourage you to reach out to our Customer Care team at ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review for assistance.

ThePeoplesChamp

ThePeoplesChampCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Excellent microwave!

Very well designed. Nice white display panel and led interior light. Heats food up perfectly.

I'm a resident Product Review user so rest assured I'll update this review if anything changes

Purchased in August 2019 for $199.00.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi, thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience your feedback has been logged.

Sel

SelMiami

Not happy

Our microwave died tonight after random issues where it wouldn’t heat properly. Used less than two years. Spent more money on what I thought was a good brand. Now reading these reviews I understand otherwise :(
The same model at my workplace has also been replaced numerous times. Very disappointed.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

RossCanberra

Stopped working after two and a half years

We purchased the Sharp R350YW from JB HiFi. This week, after 2.5 years, it suddenly started making concerning, loud noises. We were afraid to use it. Very unhappy. Our previous microwaves have lasted for many years. Would like to check if the manufacturer can repair or replace it. Thank you.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Ross, thank you for your time in providing feedback. If you could please send us your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au referencing this review, our customer care team will be able to troubleshoot and assist you accordingly.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Ross, we are disappointed to hear of the outcome but thank you for your feedback which we have passed on for review. Thank you.

Chewie

ChewieMelbourne

Not that good

Need quite a bit of time to make food hot even i set that as high, the cool down function is useless and it is not easy to use as there are a lot of functions, the noise annoys me a bit while i am using it.
It does the job overall but it makes me a little bit disappointed as it’s a big brand.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Gautam Yasha

Gautam YashaPerth

Poor Quality..not recommended

Got an expensive sharp microwave. Sadly didn't last even for 3 years. Smelled something burning and asked a quote to repair but the quote was more then the price of the Microwave, so had to dump it into recycle tip.
Its better to buy cheap ones so it doesn't pinch if its conks off!

Date PurchasedNov 2014
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Gautam, thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass the issue on to our product team for their review.

Annie

AnnieLOW HEAD

Short life for my second Sharp Carousel microwave oven!

My first Sharp microwave was easy to use and gave long service, so we replaced it with this model. Now, August 2018, it's stopped heating. Were told replacement part costs more than new oven! A much older model from our shack still works well, but can I trust another Sharp?

Date PurchasedJune 2013

Jodie

JodieSydney, NSW

Not as good as previous

My last Sharp Carousel died , it was about 11 years old.
It was great so I thought I would stick with Sharp.
It does it's job but I am not very thrilled with it. It is very clunky.
When used for more than 8 minutes, the inside it dripping with condensation and get extremely hot. It is in a correctly ventilated area.
Retailer said that was normal, well I have never experienced it in 50 years, and to basically suck it up.
Hard to get used to the 'cool down' feature, which doesn't really cool anything down.
It's VERY noisy.

I would not get the same one again.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Jodie, Thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass the issue on to our product team for their review.

mockjock

mockjockPERTH

Have always had Sharp Carousel in family - but now will never buy Sharp again

Let me be clear, when this microwave is working, it is a fantastic microwave. But I have now been through 3 of them - over the course of the last 4 years. They seem to choose every year to blow up and I am fed up with Sharp. The last time I had it repaired - blew an inverter, cost the same - actually $5 more than a new one. Will have to try another make now. Bye Sharp - I can't afford to buy a new Micro every year, I have had enough now!

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear Customer, we are sorry to hear about the situation. Thank you for your time in providing feedback.

Clo clo

Clo cloAdelaide

Microwave

I love the microwave i have it works really well. Easy to use. Its good when you want to operate its good when you want to defrost food and very easy to clean. I only one brand. I like the brand kambook but want buy any other brands because i wont by any other brand

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Ankita

Ankita

It’s perfect

It’s very easy to use and the start button is automatically set 1 min time so you don’t have press 1:00 it’s a best option and the pasta popcorn rice all have seperate features in the microwave and easy to clean and large/ good amount of space inside so it’s good

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Ankita, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. It is great that you enjoy using the microwave. Have a good day.

Dont Buy

This is worst product i have ever purchase from Harvey Norman, I am not going to buy anything from SHARP , this microwave stopped working in its 13 months , out of warranty.Whats more should i say ,
its just fooling you , dont buy anything from SHARP, just worst product.

Date PurchasedJune 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Rahil, Thank you for your review. We have spoken to our Customer Care team and they would like to investigate the issue for you. Please send us your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au so they can assist you accordingly.

Tanya

Tanya

The best

I have used so many microwaves, but I consider this as one of the best. I bought mine from Good guys. Fits in any space and can easily clean. The microwave is powerful . HIghly recommend for small families,individuals and couples. Great buy Great saving, would highly recommend .Never think twice

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Tanya, That is great news! We thank you for your time. Have a lovely day ahead. Cheers, Sharp Australia

Cam

CamPerth

instant reheating its great

Very happy with this product. Its very smart as you can choose what you are cooking or reheating and it will automatically have a time set. Its very powerful so sometimes reheating can make the food very hot. Find it great as i have previously owned a very weak microwave and was constantly annoying things not getting reheated properly. would recommend this microwave to anyone.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Cam, Thank you for the wonderful feedback. It is always great to get feedback from customers. We hope you continue to enjoy using the microwave.

LWT

LWT

great microwave

Sharp are great little microwaves, the white model of the sharp carousel from the good guys couple of months ago. Fast heating microwave, takes only seconds to heat things up. Got lots of different settings for various usages, warming up, cooking, defrosting, etc. Had the same model previously that lasted for many many years without any problem.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear LWT, we are glad to receive feedback for our products. Thank you and have a lovely day!

Lee-Ann Stevens

Lee-Ann Stevens

Does what it’s supposed to do.

Easy to use. Microwave has a large turntable and clear window so you are able to see the food when it is switched on. High wattage which makes cooking and melting food quick. I had a Sharp Carousel previously and it last 15 years so more than happy to recommend this brand. Hopefully the new one lasts just as long.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Sudi

SudiSydney

Fast heating noisy fan

Heat up food pretty quickly, most drinks get hot enough in just one minute. I found it convenient as the mesh let you see through how things cooking quite clearly. Not exactly quiet during operation, mainly because of the fan which continue to run for half a minute after your food is ready.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Franz

Franz

Sharp R350YW / R350YS

The Sharp R350YW / R350YS is a pretty average microwave; to begin with it is too small and I cant fit a lot of my plates and bowls in the microwave; is also pretty short; as in I cant put tall bowls or packets of microwaveable goods in since they will touch the roof.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017