Sharp R350YW (White)

Sharp R350YW (White) (page 2 of 5)

MPNs: 35904364 and R350YW

Microwaves Buying Guide

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Sheryl

SherylBrisbane

Save time!

Bought the microwave after moving into a new place. The microwave has been a valuable machine in the house for 7 months now, cutting down defrosting and cooking time. It is very easy to operate with straight forward settings and features. It is sturdy, well built and comes with the microwave recipe book.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
jag_

jag_sydney

decent microwave

bought this microwave after my old sharp microwave broke after 13 years. so fr so great. does its job well and looks decent. has a lot of space inside but the inverter technology is annoying. if i turn it in for a second it will be cooling for 30 sec. It has a number of features which include sensor reheat, defrost, sensor cook and child lock. It also allows you to control the level of power you want for cooking at.
overall decent microwave

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Ivo

Ivo

Fast heating microwave

Bought the white model of the sharp carousel from the good guys couple of months ago. Fast heating microwave, takes only seconds to heat things up. Got lots of different settings for various usages, warming up, cooking, defrosting, etc. Had the same model previously that lasted for many many years without any problem.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

alex2001

alex2001Perth, WA

Ok but has developed loud Buzzzz when plugged in but not in use. Call Centre need to be taught about

Elaine A

Elaine AMid North Coast, NSW

New addition yo the kitchen

So far we have found the microwave quite satisfactory. Finding it hard to adjust to the cooling period when it is turned off. It is light in weight but seems sturdy. It has quite a lot of programs to get used too but can be used by just setting the time and start.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

Burnt door

This was a great microwave until it burnt holes in the door and opposite it. The whole unit smells of burnt plastic and is a fire risk so I need to buy a new one which is very frustrating. I use it on a daily basis and had hoped it would last.

Date PurchasedMar 2013
Jippy

JippyMelbourne

Don't Bother !

don't bother with this one guys broke down after a few months and couldn't get it fixed or replaced under warrenty. How can sell these things and sleep at night? One day it's going fine then you go to use it and the screen won't light up, none of the buttons work, ended up on the back of the trailer off to the tip. AVOID!

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Earl HofertAdelaide

Takes the cake as the worst appliance I've ever bought

It lasted 7 weeks and then it stopped heating. It still seemed to work - all the lights came on, the tray would spin, it would make that humming sound... But it wasn't heating anything. I assumed I'd some how set the power level to 1 without realising, or I mean, I must have been doing something wrong, right? But no, this thing was just junk and lasted 7 weeks. You'd think Sharp would be embarrassed by this and would just hand me over a new microwave, but they insisted on trying to fix it which took them weeks and in that time I had no microwave. So, if you don't want a microwave at all, buy a Sharp brand microwave.

HowardGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

RIP 5 Aug 2012 - 20 Jun 2017

I bought it in Aug 2012. It was okay for daily basic use. A bit noise and fan continued to run for 20 seconds after finishing heating. Somehow it was short circuit when it was heating milk on 20 Jun 2017. The short circuit disconnected electricity of entire house. It had a short life for 4 years and 10 month. I only used for heating up food/milk and average 5 mins usage everyday. I expected it to last 10 years for spending $200 on this oven, but the life is too short. Previous $50 oven from Kmart was last for 10 years. My company had 2 stainless Sharp 1200w microwave ovens and both were only last for 2 years. Never buy Sharp again.

Date PurchasedAug 2012
Howard

5 out of 5 for Sharp's customer service! The microwave oven was repaired by authorised repair centre and is fully functioning!

Mara

MaraTHORNLEIGH

Don't walk away from this MW. Better run!

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Terrible, as it lacks power to boil and lots of time to cool down

Purchased microwave in May 2017 as sales person indicated best selling item. How wrong was he or for me to believe such tesiminials. It can not boil water or hear up food. The outcome is as thought being placed in a warm oven. For a rating of 1200 watts it lacks the punch. Do not recommend this productbat all, do not be fooled by sales pitch. I will need now proceed to argue with the salesperson and replace this crap of a product.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Judith LSydney, NSW

Not the sharp of the past.

Not happy-easy to use-looks good- however power supply fails every time. Purchased July 2016.Have had to return (3)new replacements to retailer as power failed everytime.!5th May 2017 Decided I've had enough & changed & paid for different manufacturer.Sharp not the quality of the past-Will not recommend sharp to anyone.Must give congratulations to Harvey Norman for great customer service.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
Judith L

Investigate the issue with the item as many are defective-not me.I have resolved my issues by buying elsewhere.

SCJtaren point

Stay away from Sharp!!!Worst shopping experience I have ever had in my life!!!

Bought this microwave Feb 2017. Within 1 month it started to make annoying buzzing sound. Sent back to Good Guys where I bought it. They sent away for fixing. Got it back after 8 or 9 days. Problem unsolved. Then I called Sharp. Asked me to send for fixing again, which I did. Got it back after 16 days. Problem is still there. Emailed to Sharp. not even responding. Have complained to Fair Trading. See how it will go. For goodness sake, this is a brand new machine!!!Please learn from my lesson. There are plenty of microwaves in the shop. You don't need this misery.

SCJ

Before this I have sent emails to that email address TWICE. Your customer service is not even responding!

BubblinkyFraser Coast

Dissapointment

As a replacement of my 14 yr old Sharp microwave, the R350YW has disappointed for the second time. The first returned within 2 weeks as it was sparking, the second just stopped dead. Purchased 22/04/2015 & would have expected it to last longer. As it is out of warranty I assume their is no choice but to pay another $200 and try again.
Obviously by other reviews, Sharp is perhaps no longer renowned for its longevity. Such a shame as it used to be my go to choice.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

JohnMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Up in smoke!

Having owned this microwave just on 2 years, today it decided to go up in smoke with a putrid burning smell. Upon inspecting the inside of the microwave I find that the inside of the door has melted away where it makes contact with the door frame which it closes against, and has also burnt the same said door frame.

Not good enough Sharp and considering all these other reviews that I have read with a similar problem no doubt there is some sort of design issue that Sharp is not addressing!

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
John

Many thanks for your quick reply, I shall keep you informed as to the final outcome.
Regards,

Fire in the House

Sharp R350YW purchased 2/3/13 for my aged mother who lives alone.
I used it for her yesterday and about 10 seconds after start there was a burning smell, on inspection there was fire coming out the internal grille on the right side. This stopped when the unit was turned off.
I hate to think what would have happened if she had been the user and left the room while it was running.
Dangerous and four years is a short life for a mw compared with others I have owned.

Date PurchasedMar 2013

Fridge hunterHunter Valley NSW

Just out of warranty and broken

Date PurchasedJuly 2015

Email Sent

Burning issue

Yes I have had the same problem today with my sharp R350YW. The microwave was on and smelt a putrid burning smell. When I opened the door there was a severe burn on the centre of the door and front of the oven floor. Terrible fumes and smell still in the house. I'm scared to use it again. Not happy. Beware!!

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Dangerous

I had purchased this microwave nearly two years ago. Was heating up food and could smell a burning smell couldn't figure out what it was until i had opened the microwave door. One spot inside the door was burnt and the seal had melted. This is now unsafe to use. This microwave was not cheap. Won't be purchasing a Sharp microwave again.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

End of an Era

Have purchased over 10 of these Microwaves for various applications over the years and have always had a good run with Sharp, unfortunately the latest purchase failed 2 months out of warranty,something has changed as this one was a 1200 watt sensor inverter but with no real grunt, might try Panasonic.

Date PurchasedOct 2015