Sharp R350YW (White)

Sharp R350YW (White) (page 4 of 5)

MPNs: 35904364 and R350YW
See the Best Microwaves in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Sharp

Tamtam80Newcastle

DO NOT BUY

Absolutely terrible, cooking rice after 2 mins the door trim started melting/smouldering to the body of the microwave. the machine is less than 6 months old. I report this with absolutely no concern from Sharp I was told to 'just take this to my nearest service centre'! My house could have burnt down with my child in it had I not been standing in the kitchen! please for the safety of yourself and children DONOT buy this machine. Sorry Sharp you have done yourself no justice - I will NEVER buy another! perhaps you need to recall these machines before someone loses a life - all the reviews are terrible.

tuckWA, 6061

Potential fire hazard and overheating with this model - and only 14 months old.

tuck

Details submitted to ccare as per your request 29/01/2016 7pm WST.

Other Microwaves

Got very hot and stopped working.

kev
kev

This is the Worst microwave I have ever seen

I spent so much money buying from Good Guys and all of sudden it's dead. Can't heat anything. My old microwave was only $80 and never had any problem working for more than 10 years. I'll never ever buy anything from Sharp again. Even disappointed with sales person who recommended as he was more interested to sell the expensive one and didn't have any clue about the product.

Find out how Sharp R350YW (White) compares to other Microwaves

4 month old Sharp microwave caught fire.

I have had a Sharp R350YW microwave for four months and it caught fire in join between the door and the body. Luckily I was right next to it so I was able to turn it off before the kitchen went up as well. Absolutely terrible! Do not buy this microwave.

Jono
Jono

Thankfully the good guys have now given me a refund :)

Lunar04Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

burn marks

Ive had this microwave for 3 months and it has electrical burn marks inside door of the metal body of the microwave on 2 spots. I haven't used it since. The smell was electrical. Do I return it to the store or do I deal directly through Sharp customer service?

Lunar04

Excellent Service from Sharp. In 3 days of returning the microwave. The store replaced it with a new one. No hassles. Thanks guys...

Bought today

Cannot get microwave to heat at all, Demo is off, can't figure it out. I think it will be returned on Boxing Day, seems to be rubbish. Have always had Sharp Microwaves with no problems but this one is a mystery. Seeing as I rely on meals that need to be heated in a Microwave I will be going hungry until such time as I get another machine that actually works.

Sparky
Sparky
Sharp A.Sharp

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Zed
ZedDarwin, NT

Sorry Sharp but the microwave is a dud

I bought this microwave just recently and had read the reviews online but decided to go with it, changed from panasonic to a sharp, well the Sharp is back in the shop and replaced with a Panasonic. Microwave failed, no heating whatsoever. So unfortunately for Sharp this product has serious issues. I'm told they have made improvements after all of the complaints however as I said I have returned mine and opted to go back to Panasonic. Thanks very much to Denise G at the Good Guys, excellent customer service went out of her way to ensure I had a new microwave on the same day. Customer service isnt dead, unlike the microwave.

DavidBrompton, 5007

Dead in less than 2 years

Just stopped working after less than two years, what is it with this model? last microwave (a Sharp) lasted over 20 years, this model is rubbish, just read the reviews. When ours stopped working it tripped the circuit breaker, no other damage. serial no. 130874616 Purchased from The Good Guys.

SAMAshfield

Bought it less than 2 months back brand new! Today found the power is not coming

Very Disappointed with this Product

I brought this microwave on the 01/02/2014 and this week 22/10/2014 it stopped working, well that's not true, It looks like it is working, the lights go on, it turn around and the timer works very well, but it just doesn't cook anything, try cooking some rice, which i have had not problems with in the past and after the required time, i took the rice out to find it, stone cold and not cooked. Less then 2 years, not good, no wonder the warranty is for only 12 months, that because they know it wont last much longer. Very disappointed.

Not Happy Jan
Not Happy Jan

Hunter
Hunter

NO MORE SHARP MICROWAVE FOR SAFETY SAKE

I purchased Sharp microwave R350YW. I always thought Sharp is number one for microwave until this one completely changed my mind. I purchased it on 2 sep 2015 and used it for 10 days before it blew up like a bomb. Fortunately nobody got hurt. I took it back to The Good Guys Bankstown where I purchased it from and advised that it could only get repaired. I don't trusted this model and wanted to change to another model and unfortunately they could only get it repaired. Very disappointed by Sharp service. I won't trust Sharp any more for the sake of safety.

CaraB
CaraB

Burnt out door frame

Very disappointed with my Sharp microwave. It lasted two years but door frame burnt earlier than that with all the same problems listed by other reviewers. Have had other Sharp microwaves which worked well for many years but now I will try another brand. It did not cook well and burnt rice.

Robbert
RobbertCranbourne

Disappointed

Ours is 2 years old. It did has twice burnt and sparked, damaging the door's seal, melting some of the door's plastic and burnt the coating of the frame back to bare metal. Why does this happen? Why is there no recall notice? I have been happy with previous Sharp microwave ovens. I am very disappointed with this defect / danger.

Don
Donsydney

This rubbish is killing my marriage

Bought a R350YW 2 years ago from Chatswood Chase,the oven arced out only after 1 week. We found burn marks on both the sealing surface of the door and the main body , the paint has burnt off and melted a part of the door. But the oven still works so we did not get it repaired. Only from last week did I suddenly begin to worry about the microwave leakage but my wife refused to get it repaired because she did not want to be charged with money. In the manual you can find "don't operate the oven when burn marks on the door seal faces". So I want to throw it to the bin but my wife insists using it. We have been quarreling on it...

Fire hazard

I bought this microwave about 18 months ago with my parents as a housewarming present, so it's currently 6 months out of warrantee (typical). Anyway the side part of the interior caught on fire. If my housemate hadn't caught it straight away it could have burnt our unit down. I'm incredibly angry and frustrated.

WikumCranbourne

The item had a faulty in two months after purchase

I purchased the above product from Good Guys Cranbourne store and it had a faulty after about 7 weeks and did not work. It was not replaced and took for a repair. Now it is more than two weeks and not yet ready. It is obvious that Sharp does not care how the customer suffer with out microwave such a long time.

Wikum

After I got the product repaired, it's working fine with no any other issues until now.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Wikum, would you still like us to contact you to assist?

fingers crossed
fingers crossedSoutheast, SA

So far so good

Our old Sharp Carousel bought in 1993 went for 20 years without a hitch! We replaced it as the internal card was burning slightly. (The flat bed panasonic we replaced it with went back as the heating cooking times were riduculously slow) We have gone back to Sharp, it works fine but seems to have a noisy magnetron, behind the internal card in the oven. Everything else is good, but we also bought an extra 2 years warranty. You know the saying, "They don't make em like they used to!" Buy the extra warranty every time, if it goes for 3 years you might get ten out of it.

Sheep

Dangerous product that should be recalled, potential fire hazard

We have had this microwave for less then 4 months, the oven has started arcing out and fills the kitchen with smoke. We found burn marks on the internal body at the bottom near the centre, the paint has burnt off and melted a part of the door. Reading other reviews Sharp you have an obvious problem and need to do something before someone has a serious fire.
To add to the insult I tried to contact Sharp but there own website is down.

TamIka
TamIkaDarwin, Northern Territory

burnt door

The door is burnt badly- 3cm- on the bottom middle section of the door and the metal on the interior base of microwave. Have only had the microwave for about 5 months, very disappointing.

DAlbert
DAlbertsydney

burnt door paint

We had the microwave oven for less than a week, and the was a burnt mark on the door.
We choose this model as it was under $200 at David Jones and a reputable brand.

Not sure what the warranty is and if i should exchange or go for a different brand any suggestions.

Extremely disappointed

after 19 days the display has gone bananas showing all lcds This replaced the older model had for twelve years
Please help as I am house bound and brought this on the internet

gecko
geckoCanberra

Dangerous defect and poor customer service

JB1968
JB1968

This happened to our Sharp microwave this week too. Is it a fault in the model?

Not working after 6 months with poor customer service

Kath G
Kath GSydney, NSW

I had this model for a few months and love it . Its very fast and efficient . This is my second sharp microwave and I have had no problems at all . I use mine about a dozen or more times a day every day and I change mine every 2-3 years for efficiency as they don't last for ever at all . I would happily buy my 3rd sharp and I have had many brands of microwaves in the last 30 years .
more every day potions like the melt soften option I love
not yet