Sharp R350YW (White)

Sharp R350YW (White) (page 2 of 4)

MPNs: 35904364 and R350YW

Microwaves Buying Guide

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Fire in the House

Sharp R350YW purchased 2/3/13 for my aged mother who lives alone.
I used it for her yesterday and about 10 seconds after start there was a burning smell, on inspection there was fire coming out the internal grille on the right side. This stopped when the unit was turned off.
I hate to think what would have happened if she had been the user and left the room while it was running.
Dangerous and four years is a short life for a mw compared with others I have owned.

Date PurchasedMar 2013

Fridge hunterHunter Valley NSW

Just out of warranty and broken

Date PurchasedJuly 2015

Email Sent

Burning issue

Yes I have had the same problem today with my sharp R350YW. The microwave was on and smelt a putrid burning smell. When I opened the door there was a severe burn on the centre of the door and front of the oven floor. Terrible fumes and smell still in the house. I'm scared to use it again. Not happy. Beware!!

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Dangerous

I had purchased this microwave nearly two years ago. Was heating up food and could smell a burning smell couldn't figure out what it was until i had opened the microwave door. One spot inside the door was burnt and the seal had melted. This is now unsafe to use. This microwave was not cheap. Won't be purchasing a Sharp microwave again.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Jo99Melbourne

So very disappointed this time round

We had our first SHARP microwave for over 15 years, so when we needed a new one SHARP was the obvious choice This one for 15 Months. It lost power half way through cooking dinner tonight and that's it. So disappointed and of course just outside of warranty. Hard to justify buying another sharp after this experience and that of most other reviewers.

Date PurchasedJuly 2015
Jazz82

Jazz82Central Queensland, QLD

Unhappy customer

After 2 years the display stopped working and it cost more to replace the display than it does to replace microwave...we are hoping we will get better life out of a different brand when we purchase new microwave now. We threw this microwave out. Can't believe it....$260 for 2yr life. Terrible.. not happy and would not recommend.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014
Shiv

Shiv

Haven't had a worse one!

It was great when I got it but recently it burnt me as I reached in to get the food (the inside of the door had an extremely hot part). Not only that it was only weeks later (happened days ago) that there was sparks and smoke from that same part. It is 3 months out of warranty! Too dangerous so I had to buy a new one... So dissapointed... Not an expense I counted in but rather that than something potentially worse!!!!

Date PurchasedJune 2015
Sharp A.Sharp

Door melted on new machine and again on replacement

We purchased the original microwave and within the month the door and frame sparked and melted. We received a replacement but had to go for about a month without one and that was annoying when we had baby bottles to sterilise, etc. When we got the replacement the light stopped working within the month but we couldn't go without a microwave again so we put up with that. Then today the door melted on thus one too. Going to take it back to the shop but very cautious about getting this one again.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

Stressed

If all you want to do is to heat up your food and if you are 70 and 80 years old do not go near this one.
All I wanted was to heat up my milk and food and I need a university degree.
So upset with this purchase. I chose this one with numbers. To make it easy for my 80 year old husband it so has a stupid cooling cycle, why?

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Find out how Sharp R350YW (White) compares to other Microwaves

Don't buy Sharp internally painted microwave

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Dangerous Microwave

Kim
Kim

Happy to send you my contacts details to Sharp Australia to follow up with me. Can you let me know a email address to send my contact details to and a Reference number to quote

Peter CPerth

Burning smell, burnt door

I admit we got our Sharp microwave s/h but it wasn't very old. Today it started to smell while in use, giving off that acrid 'electrical burning' smell. I immediately disconnected it and opened the door to find a 25mm-long burn mark on the bottom lip of the door, with corresponding burn mark on the case. For a fairly new m/w oven I'm not impressed; I threw it in the dumpster.

Peter C

I have already tossed the m/w. Too late. Just make better products.

Squeaking noise

I bought the microwave 3 years ago, but after about one year, a squeaking noise came out after every use. I was a bit worried at the beginning, but then just ignored it. Yet it does not it reduces my worry. It is only that I can't afford to dump it and get a new one when thinking about the short life of an appliance. I write this review at this time because my daughter is going to buy one for her new house, so I searched online for reviews.

emmacran

emmacranAU

Dangerous! Don't buy!

My husband was melting butter and the microwave door started melting and burning as the metal next to the door was sparking. Lucky that he was able to switch it off quickly before it caused any more damage. We bought this microwave as our previous Sharo Carousel lasted many years. This one lasted 18 months. Won't be buying another Sharp.

Bad Experience with Sharp

I got my Microwave Sharp R350Y from less than 2 years, Suddenly it starts to make sparks , so I stop it , I talk to the customer Care, They told me that you have to send it to the nearest Maintenance shop and let them inspect it and if it is a manufacture issue we will check. and I have to pay for the inspection, so it is more easier to go and get new one and I will never go to Sharp any more.

Willy
Willy

Thank You , I have sent my details.

GavinSydney

Bad burning smells after just a few years.

Disappointing.
After just a few years the microwave inner rim (which sits up against the door) gets extremely hot and actually burned the panel.
The same thing happened a few days later.
We have always taken good care of our microwave and it's in a safe elevated position to keep the kids away from it.
Our precious panasonics lasted way longer.
Sorry sharp but you quality appears to have slipped.

ok - I will send this to you sortly

Never again

The microwave does cook food effectively....however...
This is the worst microwave i have ever owned. When the food is cooked, it beeps. That's where it should end. After a little while it beeps again. Then a third time. I know my food is cooked but it is so annoying. To the point where i want to either modify it or run over it. What kind of device in this day and age doesn't have the option to turn the beeping beep reminder off?

Cartsau
Cartsau
Star78

Star78Canberra

Bought in Jan 2015

Bought this microwave from the Good Guys in January 2015. It lasted 18 months. i used it today and shortly after I noticed a high buzzing noise coming from the microwave. Shortly after, my power circuit switched all power. I can't imagine what would have happened if the power wasn't switched off! Not happy

Interior coating peeling after 13 months

Wegz
Wegz
acc

accMelbourne

Can't get even cooking!

We recently purchased this model as we have been satisfied with earlier models. However, the cooking is incredibly uneven. It seems that there is no perfect place to situate on the turntable that will cook food without some left raw? Is there a problem with this model? It seems the life of the machines is getting shorter also.