Sharp R350YW (White)

Sharp R350YW (White) (page 3 of 4)

MPNs: 35904364 and R350YW

Microwaves Buying Guide

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Colin52Perth, WA

Had a few of these now and tehy fail just past the warranty period:(

Sharp USED to be a great brand for Microwave ovens. Our first one lasted many years. The last 3 have failed in warranty or just passed the warranty.

The current one is a replacement unit that failed after a few days. The replacement unit has constantly had problems with it and now the only cooking it can do is for 99 seconds and even then it either stays on 99 seconds or goes blank and continues to cook.

The microwave light stays on when not cooking.

Door push button system is getting harder and harder to open. Only had this just past the 12 month warranty period.

No idea what is considered a good brand these days. Will read user reviews in here.

Sharp A.Sharp

Another one bites the dust

Bought just over 2 years, after last Sharp bought and lasted about 6 years.
Thought this will last about the same time. Very disappointed after spending more than $200 to get only 2 years.
After reading reviews on this site seriously considering to change the brand. Sharp was known for its quality in microwaves. WHAT is happening?

SharpRCrapGold Coast

Rubbish - save your money and buy a cheapie.

Did better than most and got 3 years out of this unit, then yesterday it just stopped heating up anything. Like others, I bought Sharp as they had a reputation for building quality microwaves.
Clearly this is no longer the case. Run away people, do not buy anything from Sharp.

SharpRCrap

Having you say "Hi SharpRCrap" almost makes up for your microwave blowing up. I'll survive ok without the assistance of your Customer Care team thanks. There is too many people on here that have already gone down that rabbit hole.

Very poor microwave

Microwave failed after 10 months- inverter board blew. SHARP very difficult to deal with. Official service agent told me to call Sharp myself to try and speed process along as they were notoriously bad.
After 10 phone calls and 5 weeks replacement finally arrived. Sharp service do not call back, do not answer emails, manager does not return calls.

max k

why? I have made 10 phone calls already- you always answer on this site and then do not follow up through customer care- still makes you look bad
look up case 496258 and ask a manager to call. I will report to this site on whether anything happens

Not working

Bought this microwave thinking it would last a long time (my previous one lasted 12 years). This one I bought August 2013 and has only lasted a fraction of the time. Very very disappointed :( It has just stopped working the numbers count down really really fast and then beeps, but there is no heating, etc.

Sharp A.Sharp

Very disappointed as I thought it was the best

I got the sharp R350RW 1200 watt model thinking we had paid good money for a great brand ($279), but just after 2 years it blew up..!! every time you hit the start button it blew all the fuses in the house and finally in the end there was a loud bang with sparks coming out the front near start button. Had it looked at for a cost of $45 to tell me the Megatron and Inverter were totally burnt out.... (the main parts) So microwave is no good, please don't buy. My last model ran for 10 years no worries. Sharp you are loosing customers fast. I'm now looking elsewhere for something that lasts. Thousands of dollars on your products, stereos, TV"s, electrical etc. Ross

Rossco
Rossco
Ingrid M

Ingrid MMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Burn marks on door and frame after 15 months

My mother purchased this microwave only 15 months ago and there are now burn marks that have appeared on the bottom left hand side of the door, which is through the plastic and there is corresponding melted plastic on the frame when the door closes. It is obviously a manufacturing fault as so many others have the same problem. I have the same microwave at home (so I have just discovered) and will be keeping a very close eye on it. The tragic part is that these are still being sold new, with so many issues. I will be calling Sharp to see what they have to say, in the meantime we've opted for a new, safe, Panasonic for my elderly mother.

Cammo

CammoCanberra

Replacing this Sharp Microwave with another brand

Tamtam80Newcastle

DO NOT BUY

Absolutely terrible, cooking rice after 2 mins the door trim started melting/smouldering to the body of the microwave. the machine is less than 6 months old. I report this with absolutely no concern from Sharp I was told to 'just take this to my nearest service centre'! My house could have burnt down with my child in it had I not been standing in the kitchen! please for the safety of yourself and children DONOT buy this machine. Sorry Sharp you have done yourself no justice - I will NEVER buy another! perhaps you need to recall these machines before someone loses a life - all the reviews are terrible.

tuckWA, 6061

Potential fire hazard and overheating with this model - and only 14 months old.

tuck

Details submitted to ccare as per your request 29/01/2016 7pm WST.

Sharp A.Sharp

Got very hot and stopped working.

kev

kev

This is the Worst microwave I have ever seen

I spent so much money buying from Good Guys and all of sudden it's dead. Can't heat anything. My old microwave was only $80 and never had any problem working for more than 10 years. I'll never ever buy anything from Sharp again. Even disappointed with sales person who recommended as he was more interested to sell the expensive one and didn't have any clue about the product.

Sharp A.Sharp

4 month old Sharp microwave caught fire.

I have had a Sharp R350YW microwave for four months and it caught fire in join between the door and the body. Luckily I was right next to it so I was able to turn it off before the kitchen went up as well. Absolutely terrible! Do not buy this microwave.

Jono
Jono

Thankfully the good guys have now given me a refund :)

Lunar04Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

burn marks

Ive had this microwave for 3 months and it has electrical burn marks inside door of the metal body of the microwave on 2 spots. I haven't used it since. The smell was electrical. Do I return it to the store or do I deal directly through Sharp customer service?

Lunar04

Excellent Service from Sharp. In 3 days of returning the microwave. The store replaced it with a new one. No hassles. Thanks guys...

Bought today

Cannot get microwave to heat at all, Demo is off, can't figure it out. I think it will be returned on Boxing Day, seems to be rubbish. Have always had Sharp Microwaves with no problems but this one is a mystery. Seeing as I rely on meals that need to be heated in a Microwave I will be going hungry until such time as I get another machine that actually works.

Sparky
Sparky

Zed

ZedDarwin, NT

Sorry Sharp but the microwave is a dud

I bought this microwave just recently and had read the reviews online but decided to go with it, changed from panasonic to a sharp, well the Sharp is back in the shop and replaced with a Panasonic. Microwave failed, no heating whatsoever. So unfortunately for Sharp this product has serious issues. I'm told they have made improvements after all of the complaints however as I said I have returned mine and opted to go back to Panasonic. Thanks very much to Denise G at the Good Guys, excellent customer service went out of her way to ensure I had a new microwave on the same day. Customer service isnt dead, unlike the microwave.

DavidBrompton, 5007

Dead in less than 2 years

Just stopped working after less than two years, what is it with this model? last microwave (a Sharp) lasted over 20 years, this model is rubbish, just read the reviews. When ours stopped working it tripped the circuit breaker, no other damage. serial no. 130874616 Purchased from The Good Guys.

SAMAshfield

Bought it less than 2 months back brand new! Today found the power is not coming

Very Disappointed with this Product

I brought this microwave on the 01/02/2014 and this week 22/10/2014 it stopped working, well that's not true, It looks like it is working, the lights go on, it turn around and the timer works very well, but it just doesn't cook anything, try cooking some rice, which i have had not problems with in the past and after the required time, i took the rice out to find it, stone cold and not cooked. Less then 2 years, not good, no wonder the warranty is for only 12 months, that because they know it wont last much longer. Very disappointed.

Not Happy Jan
Not Happy Jan
Hunter

Hunter

NO MORE SHARP MICROWAVE FOR SAFETY SAKE

I purchased Sharp microwave R350YW. I always thought Sharp is number one for microwave until this one completely changed my mind. I purchased it on 2 sep 2015 and used it for 10 days before it blew up like a bomb. Fortunately nobody got hurt. I took it back to The Good Guys Bankstown where I purchased it from and advised that it could only get repaired. I don't trusted this model and wanted to change to another model and unfortunately they could only get it repaired. Very disappointed by Sharp service. I won't trust Sharp any more for the sake of safety.