Sharp R350YW (White)

Sharp R350YW (White) (page 4 of 4)

MPNs: 35904364 and R350YW

Microwaves Buying Guide

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

CaraB

CaraB

Burnt out door frame

Very disappointed with my Sharp microwave. It lasted two years but door frame burnt earlier than that with all the same problems listed by other reviewers. Have had other Sharp microwaves which worked well for many years but now I will try another brand. It did not cook well and burnt rice.

Robbert

RobbertCranbourne

Disappointed

Ours is 2 years old. It did has twice burnt and sparked, damaging the door's seal, melting some of the door's plastic and burnt the coating of the frame back to bare metal. Why does this happen? Why is there no recall notice? I have been happy with previous Sharp microwave ovens. I am very disappointed with this defect / danger.

Don

Donsydney

This rubbish is killing my marriage

Bought a R350YW 2 years ago from Chatswood Chase,the oven arced out only after 1 week. We found burn marks on both the sealing surface of the door and the main body , the paint has burnt off and melted a part of the door. But the oven still works so we did not get it repaired. Only from last week did I suddenly begin to worry about the microwave leakage but my wife refused to get it repaired because she did not want to be charged with money. In the manual you can find "don't operate the oven when burn marks on the door seal faces". So I want to throw it to the bin but my wife insists using it. We have been quarreling on it...

Microwaves

Find out how Sharp R350YW (White) compares to other Microwaves

Fire hazard

I bought this microwave about 18 months ago with my parents as a housewarming present, so it's currently 6 months out of warrantee (typical). Anyway the side part of the interior caught on fire. If my housemate hadn't caught it straight away it could have burnt our unit down. I'm incredibly angry and frustrated.

WikumCranbourne

The item had a faulty in two months after purchase

I purchased the above product from Good Guys Cranbourne store and it had a faulty after about 7 weeks and did not work. It was not replaced and took for a repair. Now it is more than two weeks and not yet ready. It is obvious that Sharp does not care how the customer suffer with out microwave such a long time.

Wikum

After I got the product repaired, it's working fine with no any other issues until now.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Wikum, would you still like us to contact you to assist?

Sheep

Dangerous product that should be recalled, potential fire hazard

We have had this microwave for less then 4 months, the oven has started arcing out and fills the kitchen with smoke. We found burn marks on the internal body at the bottom near the centre, the paint has burnt off and melted a part of the door. Reading other reviews Sharp you have an obvious problem and need to do something before someone has a serious fire.
To add to the insult I tried to contact Sharp but there own website is down.

TamIka

TamIkaDarwin, Northern Territory

burnt door

The door is burnt badly- 3cm- on the bottom middle section of the door and the metal on the interior base of microwave. Have only had the microwave for about 5 months, very disappointing.

DAlbert

DAlbertsydney

burnt door paint

We had the microwave oven for less than a week, and the was a burnt mark on the door.
We choose this model as it was under $200 at David Jones and a reputable brand.

Not sure what the warranty is and if i should exchange or go for a different brand any suggestions.

Extremely disappointed

after 19 days the display has gone bananas showing all lcds This replaced the older model had for twelve years
Please help as I am house bound and brought this on the internet

Microwaves

Find out how Sharp R350YW (White) compares to other Microwaves

gecko

geckoCanberra

Dangerous defect and poor customer service

JB1968
JB1968

This happened to our Sharp microwave this week too. Is it a fault in the model?

Not working after 6 months with poor customer service

Jenny

JennyMelbourne

Dead after 2 years, expected more

knitinoz

knitinozGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dead after 18 months

I have had 3 sharp microwaves in 20 years, my mum had one that lasted that long, my first lasted 10 years the second lasted a few years this one 18months not good enough!! yep bought the inverter with sensor just like my last one but a newer model, I don't know if it's these sensor microwaves.... but they just don't last I would expect one to last 4-5 years for the $'s spent so that is my last sharp microwave, never again! very disappointed.
loved sensor especially cooking rice.
18months of service in a normal household not good enough!

Bubba09

Bubba09Townsville

Don't buy this!!!

This only lasted 18 months - it cost us $180! What a disappointment! We bought this also because of the inverter sensor for even cooking but this was no better than our old microwave which did not have the inverter sensor. When I contacted Sharp I was told it only had a 12 month warranty, see you later!
NONE