Sharp R350YW (White)

Microwaves Buying Guide

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Naomi HGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Brilliant, but died after 2 years and 1 week.

This was a brilliant and reliable microwave, however this morning it has started to make a unusual sound, and not heating. We haven't moved the unit, or used incorrectly so quite disappointed.
Aesthetically pleasing, and easy to clean and maintain - the unit still looks brand new. Average use of 2 minutes per day.
We have always had Sharp Microwaves, with each unit lasting for at least 7 years. Given the warranty is for 12 months, and we only paid $219 two years ago, I do not believe it will be cost effective to repair, but have sent an enquiry to Sharp - before it goes to landfill.

Purchased in August 2017 at The Good Guys Physical store for $219.00.

Slick78Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Was great while it lasted

I bought a Sharp Microwave for their great features and relatively simple to use functions. But above all I bought it as I had one previously for around 15 years and it was still working fine when I decided to upgrade. Unfortunately it would appear this model is not so reliable, only lasting 2 years and 4 months. It suddenly just stopped heating, everything else works, just no heat at all.

I have lodged a complaint with Sharp so I'll see how they handle this and will provide further feedback on this review.

Purchased in January 2017 at The Good Guys for $197.00.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Slick, thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience your feedback has been logged. Have a good day

John13

John13Hunter Region, NSW

Worked well but didn't last long

The first one we bought lasted 8 years so we thought we would get the same. But this one last 4 years. No longer heats up food but everything else works. This really is a throw away society they aren't built to last more than a few years which is sad.

Purchased in December 2015 at The Good Guys for $190.00.

inconsistent

inconsistentWINSTON HILLS

This model seems to have a Major issue

This is my second Sharp microwave purchased on 28 February 2018.
Yesterday 24 January 2019, 11 months after purchase, set for 10 seconds, making a clicking noise, did not heat, then it tripped the powerboard/circuit breaker and died....nothing.
After several phone calls I contacted an authorised repair centre to organise a repair. If it is a manufacturing product problem supposedly covered under warranty, if non manufacturing problem I have to pay the authorised repair centre a $77 inspection fee + whatever to repair.

Most definitely will not purchase Sharp microwaves again.
Seems like this particular model has a major issue Sharp

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Not a good choice

Doesn’t seem to get hot even on high can only add time not opt for less time defrost is terrible old model very good this one terrible wouldn’t recommend it and won’t buy sharp again only had it 5 weeks already thinking of replacing it waste of money Very disappointed

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Roz, Thank you for your time in providing feedback. If you could please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this review, a member of our team can assist you.

Faulty after 18 months

Microwave worked really well until recently. It makes all the microwave noises and turned the plate but it only heated the food 3 out of 4 times. I could live with that, but today I noticed a burning smell and now the front part of the microwave has burnt through the paint coat and so can't use it anymore without setting my food or apartment on fire, wisely I have chosen to not risk it. My last microwave lasted 8 years so this is rather underwhelming.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Jana

Jana

Really crap

When I first bought it i thought it will turn out alright. The reviews seemed alright as well. Luckily i bought an extended warranty because it literally lasted less than two years and eachbofbthe times I bought it I managed to stuff up before the warranty even expired. Overall wouldn't recommend.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Busy Mum

The most annoying appliance I have ever bought

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Dear Sharp Australia,
Thanks for your prompt reply. I will send you an email shortly.
Kind regards

Laura S

Laura SOrange

Only lasted 2 years

I bought this microwave a bit over 2 years ago and paid more for it thinking it would be of good quality and would last a lot longer than it did. The black coating on the inside of the door melted as well as on the microwave where the door sits which exposed the metal and has caused the microwave to smoke and emit sparks. Won't be buying this one again

Do not buy

The Microwave works well although I always thought it was very noisy. It continues make noise well after the cooking process. The bad thing is that my first one blew up in the warranty period. The second one stopped working today outside the warranty period. Two in 3 years. Avoid buying the microwave.

Date PurchasedMay 2014
Tony

Sharp Customer care contacted me for this out of warranty product. I could not fault their service and the outcome is a very positive result for me. Thank you Sharp.

Peter

PeterSydney

Burnt paint under door, while googling the burnt door, I found this review site.

Date PurchasedMar 2012

Burnt out after 18 months

Date PurchasedApr 2015
deb06

deb06Wantirna

Burnt door

I had the same problem. The label on the body of the microwave had started to peel away and managed to get itself stuck to the door while I was cooking vegetables. I levered open the microwave to find a burnt strip on the door and the body of the microwave. I complained to Sharp who said the label could not have caused this but I firmly believe it did. I had to buy a new microwave. Have bought another Sharp but hope to get more longevity from this one.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
HG.

HG.Kareela

BURNT DOOR

Have always used Sharp microwave ovens in the past. This one did not last as long as the others. However it was a great oven while it was going. We use the oven every day and just now found it made a burning smell and on inspection found that the door and connecting internal face had scoring marks where the arching occurred. Now I must purchase a new oven, very frustrated but I can't take the chance of starting a fire.

Jessica B

Jessica B

Just Dangerous

We have been luckier than most and managed to get a few years out of this microwave, but like so many others on this site the inside of the microwave has melted against the door resulting in a terrible burning smell and it has become dangerous to use.

Surely this model should have been recalled. I think it's worth reporting to the ACCC as an unsafe product.

Date PurchasedAug 2012

Karen

KarenHunter Region, NSW

Wouldn't recommend. Has a ridiculous cooling off period

Had a Sharp Microwave for close to 20 years and loved it! Loved it so much I went straight into Harvey Norman the other day and bought what I thought would be as close to the same thing as possible. It even looked very similar but its not. While it works fine it has this insane cooling off period of 30 seconds for EVERYTHING. I heat a baby bottle for 5 seconds and then it continues to cool for a further 30 seconds. At 2 am its unnecessarily noisy and a complete waste of electricity. I wish I had of known about it before buying it. I would have chosen another model or brand even. Very disappointed. I'm about to fit out a new house and I dont think Ill be buying Sharp appliances.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

MattMelbourne

Mine burnt too, after 2 years

Sharp Carousel is that brand I remember from my childhood. There has always been one in my kitchen. I remember the one we had when I was young lasting 10+ years. Not so these days, like other reviewers the microwave burnt itself today where the door seals against the body. An awful burning smell (metallic awfulness) lingered for a while. The microwave had been on for a matter of seconds when this happened. I am terribly disappointed and note others who are reviewing a similar model (slightly better) with the same issue - http://www.productreview.com.au/p/sharp-r395ys.html. I suspect consumer guarantees will cover a microwave fault within 3 year life span, but this is always a painful argument with the retailer.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

ChrisBundaberg

Sharp microwaves - not what they used to be

I've purchased Sharp microwaves since they were available in Australia and have always been happy with them. At the end of November 2016 I purchased this microwave and only after light use the fan has had to be replaced. It is still under warranty but that is not the point. Only two months old and already having problems. I only looked at Sharp microwaves at the time of purchase because of the excellent run I've had with all their microwaves. In my opinion the quality is just not what it used to be.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

KatyPerth

Not made to last much past the 12 month warranty.

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Thanks Sharp,

I did contact you and some 6 weeks later when your designated repairer said it was not fixable you replaced my microwave.

Chrissy

Chrissy

Just stopped working

Worked great for about 18 months (aside from the melted paint in the inside frame near the door). Then just stopped working. Blew the safety switch and now won't turn on. Annoyed, replaced a sharp carousel, and it doesn't last 2 years. Product looks great, easy to clean, easy to use.