MPNs: 35904364 and R350YW

Buying Guide Banner

Leigh

LeighMid North Coast, NSW

Super..but died to soon

Great product and value. Until a few months ago started buzzing and eventually sparks from inside and died. Last Sharp microwave gave me 23 years. This only max 4. Disappointed

Purchased at Harvey Norman Retail Stores for $249.00.

Naomi HGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Brilliant, but died after 2 years and 1 week.

This was a brilliant and reliable microwave, however this morning it has started to make a unusual sound, and not heating. We haven't moved the unit, or used incorrectly so quite disappointed.
Aesthetically pleasing, and easy to clean and maintain - the unit still looks brand new. Average use of 2 minutes per day.
We have always had Sharp Microwaves, with each unit lasting for at least 7 years. Given the warranty is for 12 months, and we only paid $219 two years ago, I do not believe it will be cost effective to repair, but have sent an enquiry to Sharp - before it goes to landfill.

Purchased in August 2017 at The Good Guys Physical store for $219.00.

Slick78Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Was great while it lasted

I bought a Sharp Microwave for their great features and relatively simple to use functions. But above all I bought it as I had one previously for around 15 years and it was still working fine when I decided to upgrade. Unfortunately it would appear this model is not so reliable, only lasting 2 years and 4 months. It suddenly just stopped heating, everything else works, just no heat at all.

I have lodged a complaint with Sharp so I'll see how they handle this and will provide further feedback on this review.

Purchased in January 2017 at The Good Guys for $197.00.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Slick, thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience your feedback has been logged. Have a good day

John13

John13Hunter Region, NSW

Worked well but didn't last long

The first one we bought lasted 8 years so we thought we would get the same. But this one last 4 years. No longer heats up food but everything else works. This really is a throw away society they aren't built to last more than a few years which is sad.

Purchased in December 2015 at The Good Guys for $190.00.

inconsistent

inconsistentWINSTON HILLS

This model seems to have a Major issue

This is my second Sharp microwave purchased on 28 February 2018.
Yesterday 24 January 2019, 11 months after purchase, set for 10 seconds, making a clicking noise, did not heat, then it tripped the powerboard/circuit breaker and died....nothing.
After several phone calls I contacted an authorised repair centre to organise a repair. If it is a manufacturing product problem supposedly covered under warranty, if non manufacturing problem I have to pay the authorised repair centre a $77 inspection fee + whatever to repair.

Most definitely will not purchase Sharp microwaves again.
Seems like this particular model has a major issue Sharp

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Chewie

ChewieMelbourne

Not that good

Need quite a bit of time to make food hot even i set that as high, the cool down function is useless and it is not easy to use as there are a lot of functions, the noise annoys me a bit while i am using it.
It does the job overall but it makes me a little bit disappointed as it’s a big brand.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Not a good choice

Doesn’t seem to get hot even on high can only add time not opt for less time defrost is terrible old model very good this one terrible wouldn’t recommend it and won’t buy sharp again only had it 5 weeks already thinking of replacing it waste of money Very disappointed

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Roz, Thank you for your time in providing feedback. If you could please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this review, a member of our team can assist you.

Annie

AnnieLOW HEAD

Short life for my second Sharp Carousel microwave oven!

My first Sharp microwave was easy to use and gave long service, so we replaced it with this model. Now, August 2018, it's stopped heating. Were told replacement part costs more than new oven! A much older model from our shack still works well, but can I trust another Sharp?

Date PurchasedJune 2013
Jodie

JodieSydney, NSW

Not as good as previous

My last Sharp Carousel died , it was about 11 years old.
It was great so I thought I would stick with Sharp.
It does it's job but I am not very thrilled with it. It is very clunky.
When used for more than 8 minutes, the inside it dripping with condensation and get extremely hot. It is in a correctly ventilated area.
Retailer said that was normal, well I have never experienced it in 50 years, and to basically suck it up.
Hard to get used to the 'cool down' feature, which doesn't really cool anything down.
It's VERY noisy.

I would not get the same one again.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Jodie, Thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass the issue on to our product team for their review.

Faulty after 18 months

Microwave worked really well until recently. It makes all the microwave noises and turned the plate but it only heated the food 3 out of 4 times. I could live with that, but today I noticed a burning smell and now the front part of the microwave has burnt through the paint coat and so can't use it anymore without setting my food or apartment on fire, wisely I have chosen to not risk it. My last microwave lasted 8 years so this is rather underwhelming.

Franz

Franz

Sharp R350YW / R350YS

The Sharp R350YW / R350YS is a pretty average microwave; to begin with it is too small and I cant fit a lot of my plates and bowls in the microwave; is also pretty short; as in I cant put tall bowls or packets of microwaveable goods in since they will touch the roof.

Jana

Jana

Really crap

When I first bought it i thought it will turn out alright. The reviews seemed alright as well. Luckily i bought an extended warranty because it literally lasted less than two years and eachbofbthe times I bought it I managed to stuff up before the warranty even expired. Overall wouldn't recommend.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
jd4free

jd4freeSydney

OK but has a few design issues

At first it was ok and I thought i'd get used to it but then I found it was way too noisy for the small flat.
Overall I think the just needed to get some feedback on this when they designed it, but for the price I guess it's OK.
Next time I will test a unit in store before I buy, I didn't think at the time, as i;d imagine others would have looked into these noises.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Sumit

SumitMelbourne

Nice to have for small family

Yes, I usually heat my stuff no cooking.
Yes easy to use .
Noise is bit high but acceptable
Quality is okay and use less space.
Must buy for couple and use less electricity.
I am happy with product anf will recommend people to buy and can say value for money

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Linh

LinhMelbourne

Does its job

Heats food really hot, lots of different functions depending on what you're looking for, it's loud like all microwaves and it feels a bit plastic-y. Easy to clean and quite large on the inside. It does its job and everything seems to be working fine. Was in my price range and can't complain.

AMuk

AMukSydney

It does the job!

Aesthetics wise its not as pretty as the other microwaves but for the price you pay, you get your money's worth. I would recommend this product.

This microwave does the job - it heats food quickly, no fuss.

Standard setting, user friendly, easy to use

Size of microwave is quite big.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Jordi

JordiMelbourne

Ok microwave

This microwave heats well and does the job but the settings are very confusing so it really isn't very user friendly. All I need is a basic microwave oven so I chose this one for its powerful motor for a reasonable price. I also went with white as it matches the location better.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Sheryl

SherylBrisbane

Save time!

Bought the microwave after moving into a new place. The microwave has been a valuable machine in the house for 7 months now, cutting down defrosting and cooking time. It is very easy to operate with straight forward settings and features. It is sturdy, well built and comes with the microwave recipe book.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
jag_

jag_sydney

decent microwave

bought this microwave after my old sharp microwave broke after 13 years. so fr so great. does its job well and looks decent. has a lot of space inside but the inverter technology is annoying. if i turn it in for a second it will be cooling for 30 sec. It has a number of features which include sensor reheat, defrost, sensor cook and child lock. It also allows you to control the level of power you want for cooking at.
overall decent microwave

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Busy Mum

The most annoying appliance I have ever bought

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Dear Sharp Australia,
Thanks for your prompt reply. I will send you an email shortly.
Kind regards