MPNs: 35904364 and R350YW

Buying Guide Banner

Leigh

LeighMid North Coast, NSW

Super..but died to soon

Great product and value. Until a few months ago started buzzing and eventually sparks from inside and died. Last Sharp microwave gave me 23 years. This only max 4. Disappointed

Purchased at Harvey Norman Retail Stores for $249.00.

Naomi HGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Brilliant, but died after 2 years and 1 week.

This was a brilliant and reliable microwave, however this morning it has started to make a unusual sound, and not heating. We haven't moved the unit, or used incorrectly so quite disappointed.
Aesthetically pleasing, and easy to clean and maintain - the unit still looks brand new. Average use of 2 minutes per day.
We have always had Sharp Microwaves, with each unit lasting for at least 7 years. Given the warranty is for 12 months, and we only paid $219 two years ago, I do not believe it will be cost effective to repair, but have sent an enquiry to Sharp - before it goes to landfill.

Purchased in August 2017 at The Good Guys Physical store for $219.00.

ThePeoplesChamp

ThePeoplesChampCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Excellent microwave!

Very well designed. Nice white display panel and led interior light. Heats food up perfectly.

I'm a resident Product Review user so rest assured I'll update this review if anything changes

Purchased in August 2019 for $199.00.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi, thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience your feedback has been logged.

Slick78Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Was great while it lasted

I bought a Sharp Microwave for their great features and relatively simple to use functions. But above all I bought it as I had one previously for around 15 years and it was still working fine when I decided to upgrade. Unfortunately it would appear this model is not so reliable, only lasting 2 years and 4 months. It suddenly just stopped heating, everything else works, just no heat at all.

I have lodged a complaint with Sharp so I'll see how they handle this and will provide further feedback on this review.

Purchased in January 2017 at The Good Guys for $197.00.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Slick, thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience your feedback has been logged. Have a good day

John13

John13Hunter Region, NSW

Worked well but didn't last long

The first one we bought lasted 8 years so we thought we would get the same. But this one last 4 years. No longer heats up food but everything else works. This really is a throw away society they aren't built to last more than a few years which is sad.

Purchased in December 2015 at The Good Guys for $190.00.

inconsistent

inconsistentWINSTON HILLS

This model seems to have a Major issue

This is my second Sharp microwave purchased on 28 February 2018.
Yesterday 24 January 2019, 11 months after purchase, set for 10 seconds, making a clicking noise, did not heat, then it tripped the powerboard/circuit breaker and died....nothing.
After several phone calls I contacted an authorised repair centre to organise a repair. If it is a manufacturing product problem supposedly covered under warranty, if non manufacturing problem I have to pay the authorised repair centre a $77 inspection fee + whatever to repair.

Most definitely will not purchase Sharp microwaves again.
Seems like this particular model has a major issue Sharp

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Chewie

ChewieMelbourne

Not that good

Need quite a bit of time to make food hot even i set that as high, the cool down function is useless and it is not easy to use as there are a lot of functions, the noise annoys me a bit while i am using it.
It does the job overall but it makes me a little bit disappointed as it’s a big brand.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Not a good choice

Doesn’t seem to get hot even on high can only add time not opt for less time defrost is terrible old model very good this one terrible wouldn’t recommend it and won’t buy sharp again only had it 5 weeks already thinking of replacing it waste of money Very disappointed

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Roz, Thank you for your time in providing feedback. If you could please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this review, a member of our team can assist you.

Annie

AnnieLOW HEAD

Short life for my second Sharp Carousel microwave oven!

My first Sharp microwave was easy to use and gave long service, so we replaced it with this model. Now, August 2018, it's stopped heating. Were told replacement part costs more than new oven! A much older model from our shack still works well, but can I trust another Sharp?

Date PurchasedJune 2013

Jodie

JodieSydney, NSW

Not as good as previous

My last Sharp Carousel died , it was about 11 years old.
It was great so I thought I would stick with Sharp.
It does it's job but I am not very thrilled with it. It is very clunky.
When used for more than 8 minutes, the inside it dripping with condensation and get extremely hot. It is in a correctly ventilated area.
Retailer said that was normal, well I have never experienced it in 50 years, and to basically suck it up.
Hard to get used to the 'cool down' feature, which doesn't really cool anything down.
It's VERY noisy.

I would not get the same one again.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Jodie, Thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass the issue on to our product team for their review.

Clo clo

Clo cloAdelaide

Microwave

I love the microwave i have it works really well. Easy to use. Its good when you want to operate its good when you want to defrost food and very easy to clean. I only one brand. I like the brand kambook but want buy any other brands because i wont by any other brand

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Ankita

Ankita

It’s perfect

It’s very easy to use and the start button is automatically set 1 min time so you don’t have press 1:00 it’s a best option and the pasta popcorn rice all have seperate features in the microwave and easy to clean and large/ good amount of space inside so it’s good

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Ankita, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. It is great that you enjoy using the microwave. Have a good day.

Tanya

Tanya

The best

I have used so many microwaves, but I consider this as one of the best. I bought mine from Good guys. Fits in any space and can easily clean. The microwave is powerful . HIghly recommend for small families,individuals and couples. Great buy Great saving, would highly recommend .Never think twice

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Tanya, That is great news! We thank you for your time. Have a lovely day ahead. Cheers, Sharp Australia

Cam

CamPerth

instant reheating its great

Very happy with this product. Its very smart as you can choose what you are cooking or reheating and it will automatically have a time set. Its very powerful so sometimes reheating can make the food very hot. Find it great as i have previously owned a very weak microwave and was constantly annoying things not getting reheated properly. would recommend this microwave to anyone.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Cam, Thank you for the wonderful feedback. It is always great to get feedback from customers. We hope you continue to enjoy using the microwave.

LWT

LWT

great microwave

Sharp are great little microwaves, the white model of the sharp carousel from the good guys couple of months ago. Fast heating microwave, takes only seconds to heat things up. Got lots of different settings for various usages, warming up, cooking, defrosting, etc. Had the same model previously that lasted for many many years without any problem.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear LWT, we are glad to receive feedback for our products. Thank you and have a lovely day!

Lee-Ann Stevens

Lee-Ann Stevens

Does what it’s supposed to do.

Easy to use. Microwave has a large turntable and clear window so you are able to see the food when it is switched on. High wattage which makes cooking and melting food quick. I had a Sharp Carousel previously and it last 15 years so more than happy to recommend this brand. Hopefully the new one lasts just as long.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Sudi

SudiSydney

Fast heating noisy fan

Heat up food pretty quickly, most drinks get hot enough in just one minute. I found it convenient as the mesh let you see through how things cooking quite clearly. Not exactly quiet during operation, mainly because of the fan which continue to run for half a minute after your food is ready.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Faulty after 18 months

Microwave worked really well until recently. It makes all the microwave noises and turned the plate but it only heated the food 3 out of 4 times. I could live with that, but today I noticed a burning smell and now the front part of the microwave has burnt through the paint coat and so can't use it anymore without setting my food or apartment on fire, wisely I have chosen to not risk it. My last microwave lasted 8 years so this is rather underwhelming.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Franz

Franz

Sharp R350YW / R350YS

The Sharp R350YW / R350YS is a pretty average microwave; to begin with it is too small and I cant fit a lot of my plates and bowls in the microwave; is also pretty short; as in I cant put tall bowls or packets of microwaveable goods in since they will touch the roof.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Jana

Jana

Really crap

When I first bought it i thought it will turn out alright. The reviews seemed alright as well. Luckily i bought an extended warranty because it literally lasted less than two years and eachbofbthe times I bought it I managed to stuff up before the warranty even expired. Overall wouldn't recommend.

Date PurchasedAug 2017